Re: Asian giant for HC

can't go for the TD passing in that spot guys c'mon we all have watched the game long enough to know you make them burn their timeouts and hope your defense holds. Didn't work out but it's the proper decision., TC was counting on his "playoff caliber defense" which he found out is not playoff caliber

I'm actually happy with this game. We lost, you don't always win the close ones, but we weren't beat. We actually outplayed the Chargers, gave them a short field in the first half, but other than that, this was the first time this team had some life. I think Webster has fallen back into the Webster of old, we do need Ross back. But Eli looked a lot sharper, our play calling made more sense, but the wiff by Tynes was inexcusable. Hind sight is 20/20, had we gone for it on that fourth down and missed every fan would be calling for the coaches head. Overall, I'm not that upset on this one. We at least were in it, unlike Arizona, NO, and the Iggles.

[quote user="bansaw"]can't go for the TD passing in that spot guys
    c'mon we all have watched the game long enough to know you make them
    burn their timeouts and hope your defense holds. Didn't work out but
    it's the proper decision., TC was counting on his "playoff caliber
    defense" which he found out is not playoff caliber
    [/quote]

i see your points but is it not true that sometimes a Coach has got to
    get "that feeling" from his players level of play and "gamble" at times?

Tony Sparano as an example is said to be a gambler....not only because
    of the wildkitty formation but he's known to go for it on 4th downs.

sometimes the 4th downs are when a Defence actually gets sloppy and gives up the play.

we're too conservative sometimes in my opinion.

And our D showed flashes of their former GREATNESS but lacked sustainability with it...needs improvement.

[quote user="mjg407"]I'm actually happy with this game...but we weren't beat.

...Eli looked a lot sharper...the wiff by Tynes was inexcusable. Hind sight is 20/20, had we
    gone for it on that fourth down and missed every fan would be calling
    for the coaches head. Overall, I'm not that upset on this one. We at
    least were in it, unlike Arizona, NO, and the Iggles.

[/quote]

i have that same feeling mixed in with numbness which set in after the
    Cards game....just a plain realization that we're not that good so deal
    with it mentality.

and i agree we could have easily won this...we left 3 points on the field with a wiffed FG kick attempt.

but had we scored 6 (7) with the 4th down gamble we win by 3 (24-21F);
    so the FG while "safe" was not as courageous and "sliding all chips to
    the center" as I think we need to see.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

AG

that's crazy how in the blue hell do the jets out weigh the Jints like that?
    i have the sports package from dish an dso i have the MSG, MSG+ and SNY stations....ALL JETS, all METS, luckily some Rangers and Knicks related shows but I'm like what the snap yo!!!

i know the Yanks have the YES network, but that ONLY a NY/NJ privileged station.

but i'm trying to understand how do the Giants get gipped like that?

PS
    I think but don't know, that the Bob Papa show is probably on NBC 4 or WGN 11 or WWOR 9 (kind of rusty on my old TV stations from my NYC days)

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]AG

that's crazy how in the blue hell do the jets out weigh the Jints like that?
    i have the sports package from dish an dso i have the MSG, MSG+ and SNY stations....ALL JETS, all METS, luckily some Rangers and Knicks related shows but I'm like what the snap yo!!!

i know the Yanks have the YES network, but that ONLY a NY/NJ privileged station.

but i'm trying to understand how do the Giants get gipped like that?

PS
    I think but don't know, that the Bob Papa show is probably on NBC 4 or WGN 11 or WWOR 9 (kind of rusty on my old TV stations from my NYC days)
    [/quote]

It's very odd considering the Yankees/Giants combo. The Giants used to have shows on YES network. I think either YES got too expensive or Giants got cheap and they abandoned the YES network.

I think the Giants organization simply doesn't care about any kind of radio station that is all pro Giants. Bob is part of WFAN but there's still really no major Giants personel that anyone can really point to.

Last year, someone called into WFAN, and spoke to Mike Fatty on the air and expressed the exact same frustration you are now, (which is why I remember this clearly) and Mike even nodded his head saying that there isn't any major Giants pro station in the area.

If the Giants organization wants it, I suppose they can make it happen but it's just not on their radar. I just don't think they care....

but it's sickening man...Jets Talk, Jets in the Numbers, the Mets Show i mean what in the hell man???

it's as bad as the local junk pumping all that bears, cubs, chisox, hawks, bulls junk!!!

how can the media stations even allow that? where's the sense of fairness with that?

TAGF is a nut house. There is a fan who was hoping that Eli breaks his leg(why? Eli wasn't the problem yesterday), people want everyone fired..
    I am not a happy camper this morning, but some fans need to be sedated...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]TAGF is a nut house. There is a fan who was hoping that Eli breaks his leg(why? Eli wasn't the problem yesterday), people want everyone fired..
    [/quote]

yeah....seriously speaking; you don't know who's a real fan, a troll, a kid who doesn't know football, or a bandwagoner, or even a true fan who's only expressing anger at a team that let's us down.

again, this is why i like threads like this...a bit of sanity and clear thinking.

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]TAGF is a nut house. There is a fan who was
    hoping that Eli breaks his leg(why? Eli wasn't the problem yesterday),
    people want everyone fired..
    [/quote]

We should have like a 48 hour timeout period after a loss where TAGF is inaccessible. LOL.
    Then when people calm down they can post again. We were pretty competitive in that game, we just lost out at the end. I know the FG was hindsight, but I had a gut feeling we should have gone for the TD. Because think of it this way, a TD secures us the win. If we didn't get the TD, we still had the lead so if our defense holds up, we win. If they don't, then chargers either tie it up, and we go into OT, or they win the game via TD. Either way, going for the FG I felt was the wrong choice.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

yeah....seriously speaking; you don't know who's a real fan, a troll, a kid who doesn't know football, or a bandwagoner, or even a true fan who's only expressing anger at a team that let's us down.

again, this is why i like threads like this...a bit of sanity and clear thinking.
    [/quote]

Luckily no one else is here venting off troll hate. They are too busy on TAGF.

I was screaming for the td during the game.
    I was screaming after the game
    A whole lot of screaming on my part...lol

I thought they should have gone for the kill, defense played better yesterday...but I still don't trust them. Look what happened.

What a mess!