Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="bansaw"]LOL so I'm kicking the tires thinking about buying a home...I've rented since my divorce.

anyways the agent just dropped off a list we'll look at on Saturday and there is a semi on McConkey Cres LOL....never even knew the street existed []

has to be the frontrunner so far imo
    [/quote]lol.. i liveone street over from this one.. </p>

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;sour...15&amp;iwloc=A</p>

</p>[/quote]lol I bet your wife cringes every time a house is listed on that street

you're over by Limeridge...might have to stop by and drink one of your beers after Christmas shopping

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="zimonami"]

That was quite excellent. Insight only someone in the trenches could have, and he was well educated... I dare say most of today's young soldiers, and even agreat percentage of today's college gradscouldn't even spell half the words.</P>

The soldiers who are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan seem to be getting far more honor and respect than those who served in Viet Nam... those poor guys came home, having risked their lives, to a country where too many people, but mostly the younger 'hip' generation, treated them like lepers, and even as murderers.</P>

You mightquestion why your government is engaged in these conflicts, but you stillmust have due respect for the men and women who serve for us, and put their lives on the line for us without hesitation.</P>

Most of our WWII vets are gone. It's nice to see that their experiences won't be wasted with their opportunity to speak before school kids that you mentioned. Hard to realize that WWII is 65 years ago, and ancient history to our younger generation.</P>

Another thing that mitigates the proper appreciation for our soldiers is that these wars aren't waged on our own soil... so, too many people can't associate a real threat to their way of life. It's all too distant... out of sight, out of mind.</P>

Thank you for sharing, Bansaw... and a very cool way to keep your Great Grandfather's memory alive.</P>

</P>

[/quote]
    Unfortunately, I feel that as we forget about the tragedies of 9-11, you find people, especially on the left coast, are becoming more intolerant and less supportive of our Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines. Post 9-11 I remember showing my military ID to someone at the airport, and having them reach out and thank me for my service. Two years ago, not so much except an extra security screening by TSA.
    [/quote]</P>

That's upsetting. That's why I asked bansaw abouthow many young peoples were present. I could be wrong, but I find people over 50 are more respectful and apprecaitive of our military. I live in a small town in PA, and the greater majority of them are very pro military personnel. When a soldier dies in Iraq.Afgan, etc. it effects the whole town. Even the kids in the high school know of him/her through older sisters. brothers, friends, neighbors, or some inevitable connection. The last deceased vet, this past spring,had a funeral cortege through town, with peoples standing along the route, holding flags... Firemen and police controlling streets and traffic for the short duration of its passing.</P>

We no longer have conflicts, like WWI and WWII where the issues are more clearly black and white. Somehow, our people need to find the proper respect for our military personnel, and not associate the job and service they perform with the complex political issues at hand.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="bansaw"]LOL so I'm kicking the tires thinking about buying a home...I've rented since my divorce.

anyways the agent just dropped off a list we'll look at on Saturday and there is a semi on McConkey Cres LOL....never even knew the street existed []

has to be the frontrunner so far imo
    [/quote]lol.. i liveone street over from this one.. </P>

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;sour...15&amp;iwloc=A</P>

</P>

[/quote]lol I bet your wife cringes every time a house is listed on that street

you're over by Limeridge...might have to stop by and drink one of your beers after Christmas shopping
    [/quote]</P>

lol.. the son in law is a Dallas fan so i have lots of fun with it.. drop the shopping there's a great indoor golfsimulator about 10 minutes from Limeridge.. </P>

golf simulator eh?

Zim, you should see what happens when a Canadian soldier's body comes back from Afghanistan

They land at CFB Trenton and the family has their time, then they have a procession along the 401(major highway) 50 miles to the coroner in Toronto. There are dozens of people on every overpass along the route. Its a great site, I've driven a few times and seen it first hand, even the cars honking as the hearst goes by the other side. The government did that part of this whole mess right imo. They even renamed that stretch of the 401 the Highway of Heros...but to see every overpass with people and flags, and the firetrucks with the ladders raised and big Canada flags waving must make the families feel a little bit better on that day. 135 times so far......

Veteran

[quote user="bansaw"]golf simulator eh?

Zim, you should see what happens when a Canadian soldier's body comes back from Afghanistan

They land at CFB Trenton and the family has their time, then they have a procession along the 401(major highway) 50 miles to the coroner in Toronto. There are dozens of people on every overpass along the route. Its a great site, I've driven a few times and seen it first hand, even the cars honking as the hearst goes by the other side. The government did that part of this whole mess right imo. They even renamed that stretch of the 401 the Highway of Heros...but to see every overpass with people and flags, and the firetrucks with the ladders raised and big Canada flags waving must make the families feel a little bit better on that day. 135 times so far......
    [/quote]

I'm a Navy guy - really Canada does a great job on Remembrance Day

It's always a great day for me. Ceremony is always good to be a part of and spending the day with the vets is always great.

Our Highway of heroes actually made the American national news last year. Theres lots of videos on YouTube for those who wanna check it out.

<font face="Verdana">My respects to Pfc. Bansaw

Thanks for sharing his poem.</font>

[quote user="TooEasy"][quote user="bansaw"]golf simulator eh?

[/quote]

I'm a Navy guy - really Canada does a great job on Remembrance Day

It's always a great day for me. Ceremony is always good to be a part of and spending the day with the vets is always great.

Our Highway of heroes actually made the American national news last year. Theres lots of videos on YouTube for those who wanna check it out.
    [/quote]
    What did you do, or do you do in the Navy, I was in for 16 years.

<TABLE style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10.5pt" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>
    <BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in">
    <DIV>
    <DIV>
    <DIV>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o>I received this from a friend today. I didn't bother to check snopes as the sentiments and numbers are right on, regardless of the authenticity.</o></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o>We need a wholesale dump of our people in Washington. They are not there to serve the people, but to serve their own party, agendas, and resumes for their next move.</o></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o>I hope this hasn't offended anyone.</o></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV>
    <DIV style="font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal">
    <DIV>
    <P class=MsoNormal><FONT color=black size=4 face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt">This Cindy Williams is NOT the "Laverne &amp; Shirley" Cindy Williams. She is a </SPAN></FONT><FONT color=red size=4 face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt">Assistant Director for National Security in the Congressional Budget Office...... ///////// </SPAN></FONT><FONT color=black size=2 face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
    [img]mhtml:{5EB59562-1DEB-4D44-8DC7-BA0BD150CF97}mid://00001294/!x-usc:cid:1.2125662771@web62507.mail.re1.yahoo.com[/img] </SPAN></FONT><FONT color=black size=4 face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt">

Military Pay

This is an Airman's response to Cindy Williams' editorial piece in the Washington Times about MILITARY PAY, it should be printed in all newspapers across <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">America</st1lace></st1:country-region> .

Ms. Cindy Williams wrote a piece for the Washington Times, denouncing the pay raise(s) coming service members' way this year citing that she stated 13% wage increase was more than they deserve.

A young airman from <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Hill</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">AFB</st1:PlaceType></st1lace> responds to her article below. He ought to get a bonus for this.

"Ms Williams: I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GIs earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes per month. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40, after.

I work in the <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Air</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Force</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Network</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Control</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType></st1lace> where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000 host computer network. I am involved with infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for Network Technicians in the <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Washington</st1:City> , <st1:State w:st="on">D.C.</st1:State></st1lace> area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years experience with my job. Amazingly, this job does NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum........... I'm sure you can draw the obvious conclusions.

Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in her armed forces. Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers headed for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">AFGHANISTAN</st1lace></st1:country-region> ; I leave the choice of service branch up to you. Whatever choice you make, though, opt for the SIX month rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment experience."

As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the primary breadwinner is gone - obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them.

Try to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night; and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE (meal-ready- to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese tortellini, and add <st1:State w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Tabasco</st1lace></st1:State> to everything.. This gives some flavor.

Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't nearly be long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it. You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree with most of the points you present in your opened piece.

But, tomorrow from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">KABUL</st1lace></st1:City> , I will defend to the death your right to say it.

You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment rights and every other right you cherish. On a daily basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective nose at us, all on a salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies.

And you, Ms. Williams, have the gall to say that we make more than we deserve? You can kiss my royal red a**!!!

A1C Michael Bragg Hill AFB AFNCC
    </SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

a couple google searches revealed Cindy Williams' pay scale.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/html/ex.asp

pot calling kettle black imo

[quote user="bansaw"]a couple google searches revealed Cindy Williams' pay scale.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/html/ex.asp

pot calling kettle black imo
    [/quote]</P>

OMG... that's a shocker. I never realized how much they got in that kind of position.</P>