Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="TooEasy"][quote user="bansaw"]golf simulator eh?

Zim, you should see what happens when a Canadian soldier's body comes back from Afghanistan

They land at CFB Trenton and the family has their time, then they have a procession along the 401(major highway) 50 miles to the coroner in Toronto. There are dozens of people on every overpass along the route. Its a great site, I've driven a few times and seen it first hand, even the cars honking as the hearst goes by the other side. The government did that part of this whole mess right imo. They even renamed that stretch of the 401 the Highway of Heros...but to see every overpass with people and flags, and the firetrucks with the ladders raised and big Canada flags waving must make the families feel a little bit better on that day. 135 times so far......
    [/quote]

I'm a Navy guy - really Canada does a great job on Remembrance Day

It's always a great day for me. Ceremony is always good to be a part of and spending the day with the vets is always great.

Our Highway of heroes actually made the American national news last year. Theres lots of videos on YouTube for those who wanna check it out.
    [/quote]
    What did you do, or do you do in the Navy, I was in for 16 years.
    [/quote]

Just FYI I am Canadian -

But to answer your question, I'm an officer. 4 types of naval officers in Canada: Combat systems engineer, marine systems engineer, logistics, and Marine Surface/Sub-Surface (MARS). I'm MARS.

I'm new and don't have my watch ticket yet, but I'm hoping to eventually be a navigator or clearance diver.

Did 2 years Army Reserve before I switched full-time to go Navy.

Veteran

Man if a young airman is taking home only 10 grand a year that is a travesty.

Here in Canada we have one of the highest paid (maybe THE highest paid...) militaries in the world.

A Private/Ordinary Seaman in Canada makes between 35 and 42 grand. And that's after OUR taxes (which are enormous compared to the US)

I guess that's a result of your military being so large and the jobs requiring less specialization but I mean holy **** 10 grand is an insult.

Derek Jeter plays a bum....

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Derek Jeter plays a bum....

[/quote]</P>

not much of a stretch for him.. []</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="TooEasy"]Man if a young airman is taking home only 10 grand a year that is a travesty.

Here in Canada we have one of the highest paid (maybe THE highest paid...) militaries in the world.

A Private/Ordinary Seaman in Canada makes between 35 and 42 grand. And that's after OUR taxes (which are enormous compared to the US)

I guess that's a result of your military being so large and the jobs requiring less specialization but I mean holy **** 10 grand is an insult.
    [/quote]</P>

by how much you think that figure drops if we had the numbers that the US has.. </P>

2012 starts tonight.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="TooEasy"]Man if a young airman is taking home only 10 grand a year that is a travesty.

[/quote]</p>

by how much you think that figure drops if we had the numbers that the US has.. </p>[/quote]that is crazy though. I guess they get free food and lodging though? that is below poverty isn't it?

also saw a clip on the news of our growing homeless veterans....seems like we're getting lax helping these guys when they return as well.

McConkey Cres has seen better days

to say the least....

[quote user="TooEasy"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="TooEasy"][quote user="bansaw"]golf simulator eh?

Zim, you should see what happens when a Canadian soldier's body comes back from Afghanistan

They land at CFB Trenton and the family has their time, then they have a procession along the 401(major highway) 50 miles to the coroner in Toronto. There are dozens of people on every overpass along the route. Its a great site, I've driven a few times and seen it first hand, even the cars honking as the hearst goes by the other side. The government did that part of this whole mess right imo. They even renamed that stretch of the 401 the Highway of Heros...but to see every overpass with people and flags, and the firetrucks with the ladders raised and big Canada flags waving must make the families feel a little bit better on that day. 135 times so far......
    [/quote]

I'm a Navy guy - really Canada does a great job on Remembrance Day

It's always a great day for me. Ceremony is always good to be a part of and spending the day with the vets is always great.

Our Highway of heroes actually made the American national news last year. Theres lots of videos on YouTube for those who wanna check it out.
    [/quote]
    What did you do, or do you do in the Navy, I was in for 16 years.
    [/quote]

Just FYI I am Canadian -

But to answer your question, I'm an officer. 4 types of naval officers in Canada: Combat systems engineer, marine systems engineer, logistics, and Marine Surface/Sub-Surface (MARS). I'm MARS.

I'm new and don't have my watch ticket yet, but I'm hoping to eventually be a navigator or clearance diver.

Did 2 years Army Reserve before I switched full-time to go Navy.
    [/quote]So I gather your MARS are like the USN line officers? Only line officers can command a combat ship, squadron, submarine. I was a LCDR (actually selected Commander) when I got out.

Man are the Japanese strange... or is it Genius?

LINK