Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"]scary stuff.. did everything go in slow motion.. i've seen a few accidents and for some reason it always seemed to happen in slo mo[/quote]yeah a bit...not as much as when you are the one in the accident. looking at the people in the car you can tell they are seeing it in slo-mo though, but yeah it must have been slo-mo because it felt like the ambulance driver tapped me out in no time flat. I was keeping track of the guys pulse.

it knocked the cars front right tire clean off. all had airbags except the old lady in the back seat who hada head wound.

I think it's awesome that Banny even thought to stop and render aid.

In Germany that was a requirement by law. in the States most people are leery about "helping" since people could turn around and sue you in court for "breaking a rib" for example.

How does it work up North?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I think it's awesome that Banny even thought to stop and render aid.

In Germany that was a requirement by law. in the States most people are leery about "helping" since people could turn around and sue you in court for "breaking a rib" for example.

[/quote]no such luck up here

the first time a case like that came to a Canadian court the judge set a precedent that you cannot be liable for rendering aid. You do need to state you are trained and ask several times if the person needs help though. If you helped when they said no you can get in trouble but if they are out then you just assume they said they need help.

Ya man I was like Superman...I saw it all about to happen so I had my hazards on and was out of the truck as the cars were still rolling - no ****. telling the 2 young guys to sit down on the curb when they were getting out and barking orders at people to call 911 and others to go check on the young guys lol. But that weekend of training paid off imo

Amen.

Good job man, if I could I buy you a drink.
    One of my best friends received a Army Commendation for rendering aid on the autobahn.

That kind of thing is what we should hear about on the News more often.

[B]

All-Pro

GY how does court work down there, i always thought the reason for your "silly" lawsuits were due to not having to pay court fees, any truth to that.. we have to pay court fees..and they ain't cheap, the ex (whom is a witch with a capitol B) somehow got the court to charge me with court fees during my raping..or as the courts call it "custody and child support"..</P>

so how does it work??</P>

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I think it's awesome that Banny even thought to stop and render aid.

[/quote]

Agreed. That is good what you did. I've tried to help myself when incidents came my way. Nothing close to doing CPR though. You do have to be careful there are scumbags out there that will sue you later for moving them, or touching them thinking what you did made them worse. It's really unfortunate. And at the same time, we do have a dumb good samaritan law somewhere that if you DONT help and you were able to, you could get in trouble. So really, a bystander loses both ways....

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

GY how does court work down there, i always thought the reason for your "silly" lawsuits were due to not having to pay court fees, any truth to that.. we have to pay court fees..and they ain't cheap, the ex (whom is a witch with a capitol B) somehow got the court to charge me with court fees during my raping..or as the courts call it "custody and child support"..</p>

so how does it work??</p>[/quote]

I'll only embarrass myself if I attempt to talk "legal" here.
    All I know is, down "here", as AG stated, you never know the "type" of person you're helping.

My advice is do what you can but anything "medical" is best left to EMS/EMT or other First Responders.

Sucks, but you gotta protect yourself.

pretty funny watching CNN and them making a big deal about 4-5 inches of snow lol

what the heck is Iran doing? crazy *******s

wow life is bizarre, right after that last post I turned on my TV and on CP24 - news weather channel in Ontario - they have an ex cop Cam Wooley who does little pieces on safety and whatnot

they just did a 2 minute blurb on rendering aid and why so many won't help for fear of being liable. So it's confirmed we have a Good Samaritan law in place that will protect you ... and like I said you must obtain consent first.

LOL weird

I've got an off topic question....err....this whole thread is off topic! lol....

So I downloaded a game called Battlefield 1943. And it's very life-like....

This question might be more for MJ. But usually when I play a game that deals with planes, most of the time when you push down the plane goes up, and when you push forward on the controller, the plane noses down. (pitch/roll right?)

Most of the time, games let you change, reverse the controls. But in this game they don't let you reserve the controls and it just seems unnatural the way the plane flies. Eventhough the game is very very realistic.

So in this game, when you push forward, the plane goes UP, and when you push down, it goes DOWN. Eventhough that sounds like it's natural, most games I've ever played are the opposite.

So MJ, is this how it's suppose to work?