Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]So, I'm an Arizona Cardinals fan for the 2009 playoffs.

I'll be back cheering Little Blue on in 2010
    [/quote]

Nice to see you back. At least for now. haha..

Yeah, I was just going to post who our adopted team is going to be.

I'm gonna have to go with the Cards as well. Just because I really like Kurt Warner and there's no beef whatsoever with their team and ours.

Oh, I completely forgot about the Colts. haha....I fear they will lose to the Chargers. No matter how good the Colts are, they always seem to lose big when it counts to the Chargers.
    [/quote]

Well, I hate the Eagles and the Boys. Right now, I hate the Saints after that Dallas game. My best friend is a Saints fan, so I want to give him a hard time. I'm indifferent about Green Bay.

AFC, I HATE SD with a flaming passion (more than the Skins), I hate all Boston teams (sorry, NE), I dislike Baltimore after SB 35, I don't want the other NY team to be successful, and the Bengals are just... eh.... although it'd be cool to see them win it after Henry and the DC's wife passed away.

I want Eli to be the first Manning to 2 SB. I like Peyton, but....

Colts
    Bengals
    Pack

and that's about that.

screw to hell everyone else!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

TAGF is just....very stinky right now...lol

I'm rooting for the Colts or the Bengals....everyone else can go to hell

I can't believe the Colts coach took out Peyton and other starters yesterday...did you see him...Peyton looked like he was gonna cry....
    [/quote]

Oh yeah, I wasn't sure what happened at first. I walked away and came back and he's just standing there. I thought maybe he got hurt!!! Crazy!!!

[quote user="bansaw"]well the front office has a decision to make. Keep Osi or keep Kiwi because we can't keep both

Osi got bigger than the team so he can suck a **** for all I care...honestly I was never a fan of the guy but he's in the Blue so I love him

Man that main board is over run with all these noob posters and it's getting to me, they bug the **** out of me even when they make sense...very few and far between.

That Cowboys team reminds me so much of us in 2007 it's scary....I hate them and the Eagles...I hate the Cards and the Saints and the Vikes .... i hate the Pats and the Chargers and the Steelers. The Jets suck *** and I've disliked the Ravens for a long time. I could root for the Colts but don't want to so I'll go with the Bengals because I like Ocho and Marvin ... and the way the Defense stepped up when the coordinators wife passed was pretty cool stuff.

GO BENGALS LOL

[/quote]

It's hard to figure out Osi, you do have to give him another year because of his injury. I just don't know how good he is. I always wanted to know if he was good because of Strahan. Now that Strahan is gone, we still don't know what we had in Osi because he got hurt last year. Now this year, we still don't know.

All I know is that Tuck is our DE. I'm not sure of Osi or Kiwi are the answer on the other side?

Osi is costing us a lot of money for a not every down player. We need to fix the O line. Yeah they've been together a long time, but they aren't the most athletic group or biggest. I dunno, right now this team seems to have a lot of holes to fill. O-line, D-line, Lbrs, Secondary, take your pick.

I'm still mad about that game....
    It's gonna take awhile to get over it...

Osi is not the issue.

The Front 7 is the issue.

Spagnuolo knew how to lead the men. Spags brought schemes from philly that employed stunts, gap pressure, and blitzes from different "looks".

Osi and Kiwi are basically the same. Tuck is our new Stray in that he gets more attention than the other DEs.

The interior Line, is average at best. We should have made a play for Shaun Rogers or drafted Heloti Ngata (sp)....we could use a big time NT that would require 2 OL to stop him, thus drawing the "extra" guy away from Justin. Choose your poison in other words.

Our LB corps is not very athletic or healthy. Goff impresses me in that he is youthful and probably can be coached correctly and become a new age Armstead or B-Short. I'd like to see what a Boley can do when he's completely healthy. Clark needs to go. Kehl may be another Chase Blackburn or DeOssie, ergo a ST and that's all.

Sintim is a project, he is a 34 OLB and so if he's being coached up right, he may blossom into a Force as a 43 OLB. But only if he is coached up "right".

But this is a copy-cat league, in Parcells day we ran a 34 with Reasons, Banks, LT and Carson. Our current LBs do not have the athleticsm for a 34 conversion except Sintim of course. So I doubt we switch over...though up in green bay they were a 43 last year, bring in Dom Capers this year, switch to a 34 this year and now look at them. They drafted a 34 3T linemen in anticipation of the conversion, his name escapes me though.

We took advantage of the weaker teams this year and our D looked like studs and monsters. But when we played teams that had power runners and/ or WRs who can seperate we were exposed.

It's a gamble, if you're going to lose big by giving up big plays then why not blitz almost every down philthy shegle style? The Front 7 set the tone and demeanor on the D.

At Safety a returning Kenny P should help in the run-stopping, but there are NO excuses. If you play SS, you are expected to play the run. period.

A Free Safety with speed and quick reaction could help our 2ndary which for teh last few seasons has always been dinged up and depleted.

Blaming one man for the ineptitude of an entire Unit is just plain silly.

Anyone catch the game last night? What a game! If you want to beat Peterson, don't bother tackling him, just go for the ball....

Clarification:
    IMO

I like Osi but i thought he was over-hyped even when Stray played for us.
    Kiwi is a blue-collar player, he's not flashy. However he also has tendencies to not make plays or specifically wiff on tackles as well.

between the 2 of them i actually prefer Kiwi though, since he seems to be more ready to stop a running play. Using Osi situationally may hurt his pride, but his strength is in rushing the passer.

BEFORE we try fixing the DEs, as I stated above, we need to see improvement from the Interior Line. I like NG/NT who cause OLs to have to double team them. Taking the extra guy off of Tuck in this case. But also opening up one of the A Gaps so that if your Mike is blitzing through, he'll either stop the run, draw the chip block or get a sack.

Simultaneous to this would be one of the Ends coming free to stuff the run, draw the chip block or get a sack.

the DBs....FS is a priority!!!! Ross if healthy could
    probably keep stride for stride with most speed WRs in the League. I
    was high on this kid when he came in, but his constant hamstring
    problems has really diminished him in my opinion. Which is why i prefer
    Corey.

remember a good FS helps the CB in trouble often. When both your
    Corners struggle and your FS doesn't have the quick reaction and bursts
    of speed to get to his assignment? you can forget about timely
    ball-hawking or breaking up a pass.

good WRs know how to double-move a CB and once the WR gets to the
    inside of a DB, unless the pass is over/under-thrown or he drops it,
    the Receiver should be able to make the play time after time.

LBs

quite easily the biggest pain in our collective be-hinds.

traditionally the Strongside is expected to line up where the TE is.
    typically he is used to blitz or match-up with a FB or the End.

your will stereotypically falls back into pass coverage or covers the TB out of the backfield. If he is fast enough he may also be used to blitz from the edge.

Mikes, field general yada-yada-yada....truthfully the Safety and the Mikes can call out Defensive alignments as well as alerts etc. But overall your MLB is positioned where-as he can "see" the Offense and based upon Film sessions try to "guess" the play called. Hence his "QB of the Defense" title.

We have guys that kind of do a little this and a little that but no one truly steps up as what they are.
    Zone defense will do that.

To me this Defense appears to do well when they have their ears pinned back and go aggressive. Attacking the ball and using trickery thru stunts as an example to harass the Offense.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Clarification:
    IMO

I like Osi but i thought he was over-hyped even when Stray played for us.
    Kiwi is a blue-collar player, he's not flashy. However he also has tendencies to not make plays or specifically wiff on tackles as well.

between the 2 of them i actually prefer Kiwi though, since he seems to be more ready to stop a running play. Using Osi situationally may hurt his pride, but his strength is in rushing the passer.

BEFORE we try fixing the DEs, as I stated above, we need to see improvement from the Interior Line. I like NG/NT who cause OLs to have to double team them. Taking the extra guy off of Tuck in this case. But also opening up one of the A Gaps so that if your Mike is blitzing through, he'll either stop the run, draw the chip block or get a sack.

Simultaneous to this would be one of the Ends coming free to stuff the run, draw the chip block or get a sack.

the DBs....FS is a priority!!!! Ross if healthy could
    probably keep stride for stride with most speed WRs in the League. I
    was high on this kid when he came in, but his constant hamstring
    problems has really diminished him in my opinion. Which is why i prefer
    Corey.

remember a good FS helps the CB in trouble often. When both your
    Corners struggle and your FS doesn't have the quick reaction and bursts
    of speed to get to his assignment? you can forget about timely
    ball-hawking or breaking up a pass.

good WRs know how to double-move a CB and once the WR gets to the
    inside of a DB, unless the pass is over/under-thrown or he drops it,
    the Receiver should be able to make the play time after time.

LBs

quite easily the biggest pain in our collective be-hinds.

traditionally the Strongside is expected to line up where the TE is.
    typically he is used to blitz or match-up with a FB or the End.

your will stereotypically falls back into pass coverage or covers the TB out of the backfield. If he is fast enough he may also be used to blitz from the edge.

Mikes, field general yada-yada-yada....truthfully the Safety and the Mikes can call out Defensive alignments as well as alerts etc. But overall your MLB is positioned where-as he can "see" the Offense and based upon Film sessions try to "guess" the play called. Hence his "QB of the Defense" title.

We have guys that kind of do a little this and a little that but no one truly steps up as what they are.
    Zone defense will do that.

To me this Defense appears to do well when they have their ears pinned back and go aggressive. Attacking the ball and using trickery thru stunts as an example to harass the Offense.

[/quote]

Nicely written. Had a lot of time on your hands eh? LOL...

I can't say I disagree with much of what you wrote. And it's definitley not all Osi's fault. I don't want to blame him at all for all of our defensive woes.

It makes you wonder about Osi though, with Strahan, I think Osi was better because everyone was focused on Strahan. But if you think about it, Tuck stepped into that role, so it should have allowed Osi to continue to play well. But he did come off an injury and it's unfair to expect him to be 100%.

When we blew out the Skins last week, I even mentioned that our defense looked better more aggressive but also due to the fact that the Skins just plain suck. So they can make any defense look pretty good.

I hope there will be good, logical changes for the new season. We did have a lot of players hurt. We shouldn't be afraid either to ship some players off to better our defense.