All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"]saw that coming

oh well, great game.
    [/quote]the big dif in the game was the goalie.. US Goalies played very well..

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

<font style="font-size: 1.2em;">Boasting the world's first Armani
    hotel on the bottom floors, the Burj Dubai Tower also houses 900 Dubai
    residences, 37 floors of office space, a fine dining restaurant and an
    observation deck. </font><font style="font-size: 1.2em;">The tower itself is reported to have cost $1.5 billion. It </font><font style="font-size: 1.2em;">stands more than 800 metres tall and can be seen from 95 kilometres away.</font></p><div class="clear"> </div>

I am with you on that AG. I would not want to live there. lol
    [/quote]
    95 Klicks.... maybe but not in the AG, you are lucky to see something from 3 miles. Add to the fact that I've seen the labor over there, and I'm not sure I'd want to be hanging in that building.

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

<font style="font-size: 1.2em;">Boasting the world's first Armani
    hotel on the bottom floors, the Burj Dubai Tower also houses 900 Dubai
    residences, 37 floors of office space, a fine dining restaurant and an
    observation deck. </font><font style="font-size: 1.2em;">The tower itself is reported to have cost $1.5 billion. It </font><font style="font-size: 1.2em;">stands more than 800 metres tall and can be seen from 95 kilometres away.</font></p><div class="clear"> </div>

[/quote]
    95 Klicks.... maybe but not in the AG, you are lucky to see something from 3 miles. Add to the fact that I've seen the labor over there, and I'm not sure I'd want to be hanging in that building.
    [/quote]

That's a good point. What exactly are their building codes?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 1.2em">Boasting the world's first Armani hotel on the bottom floors, the Burj Dubai Tower also houses 900 Dubai residences, 37 floors of office space, a fine dining restaurant and an observation deck. </FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 1.2em">The tower itself is reported to have cost $1.5 billion. It </FONT><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 1.2em">stands more than 800 metres tall and can be seen from 95 kilometres away.</FONT></P>
    <DIV class=clear></DIV>

[/quote]
    [/quote]

That's a good point. What exactly are their building codes?
    [/quote]</P>

Now you got me wondering. I'll say, somewhat facetiously... do you think their concrete might have an unusually high concentration of sand? After all, their most abundant resources are oil and desert sand.</P>

I'd love to go to the top... just to see how much sway there is in a high wind.</P>

LG reveals 7MM thick flat screen TV.....crazy!!!

You can now literally just hang them on a wall, don't even need those bulky wall mounts(brackets) anymore...

[quote user="zimonami"]

Now you got me wondering. I'll say, somewhat facetiously... do you think their concrete might have an unusually high concentration of sand? After all, their most abundant resources are oil and desert sand.</p>

I'd love to go to the top... just to see how much sway there is in a high wind.</p>[/quote]

Yeah who knows. It's always interesting to know what countries building codes are the best. Will sand be better or worse if it's embedded in the concrete? Afterall, the great pyramids have outlasted everything...

There has got to be sway on the top, otherwise the building would crack....motion sickness anyone?

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]LG reveals 7MM thick flat screen TV.....crazy!!!

You can now literally just hang them on a wall, don't even need those bulky wall mounts(brackets) anymore...

[/quote]are those the new OLED's? .. slim design huge pricetags.lol

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Now you got me wondering. I'll say, somewhat facetiously... do you think their concrete might have an unusually high concentration of sand? After all, their most abundant resources are oil and desert sand.</p>

I'd love to go to the top... just to see how much sway there is in a high wind.</p>[/quote]

Yeah who knows. It's always interesting to know what countries building codes are the best. Will sand be better or worse if it's embedded in the concrete? Afterall, the great pyramids have outlasted everything...

There has got to be sway on the top, otherwise the building would crack....motion sickness anyone?
    [/quote]saw yesterday it was a Canadian engineering firm that was in charge of all the wind dynamics.

[img][/img]

how's that for a profile LOL

What a ****head