Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bansaw"]I donated when that Tsunami hit a few years back

then I heard how much money was raised and how little ever made it to help the victims - be it all the organizations "administration costs" and corruption.

so I said never again - I'll keep my money for the Cancer Society and the Salvation Army
    [/quote]</P>

Wycliff Jean sp. think he's a singer He's a National hero down there and I've heard good things about his charities for Haiti. I want to make sure the donation is going where I think it's going</P>

[/quote]

yea that would probably be another great thing to go...

i think ur better off going thru a well known celebrity, because if something were ever to go wrong they would be ruined. And thats all they really care about is public image... thats how i see it anyway
    [/quote]</P>

That be my thought too MMB..........they gonna hold themselves accountable onewould think.............it's their rep.</P>

Heard you and IBB went to theMinnesota game. Hope it was good time in spite of the outcome. Mr Mara must have found out you guys went and thats why he was so pissed off[] Did you check out the Mall of America?</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bansaw"]I donated when that Tsunami hit a few years back

then I heard how much money was raised and how little ever made it to help the victims - be it all the organizations "administration costs" and corruption.

so I said never again - I'll keep my money for the Cancer Society and the Salvation Army
    [/quote]</p>

Wycliff Jean sp. think he's a singer He's a National hero down there and I've heard good things about his charities for Haiti. I want to make sure the donation is going where I think it's going</p>

[/quote]

yea that would probably be another great thing to go...

i think ur better off going thru a well known celebrity, because if something were ever to go wrong they would be ruined. And thats all they really care about is public image... thats how i see it anyway
    [/quote]</p>

That be my thought too MMB..........they gonna hold themselves accountable onewould think.............it's their rep.</p>

Heard you and IBB went to theMinnesota game. Hope it was good time in spite of the outcome. Mr Mara must have found out you guys went and thats why he was so pissed off[] Did you check out the Mall of America?</p>[/quote]

yea it was cool... except that we wore giants jerseys that day... lol j/k

Yea we made it fun... we started a much needed pub crawl back to our hotel after that game... we didn't end up gettin in til like 3am.. good times.

Mall of America was cool... its kinda just a huge oversized mall.. not much to it... altho the rides in hte middle were kinda cool.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

give to reputable organizations. Red Cross, Amer. Cancer Assoc. etc.

with Haiti, there are different sources but I bet the Red Cross would be the best.

they need food and drinking water plus any clothing that can be spared.

but food, drinking water and medical support is major.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

we have a show on Discovery up here called Daily Planet...don't know if its on in the States..

well anyways they had a show about Haiti and inventions that might help out. They keep saying on the news how if you don't have a Satellite phone you can't get through, so they interview this inventor of a balloon blimp type thing that can be deployed and go high enough to handle all phone traffic when a disaster strikes. Looked good, works well...then they ask him if he's donating it to help the peoiple on the ground in Haiti and he says no, he's in negotiations with FEMA and a few others at the moment. Greed rears its head at these times

Then they did a piece on these two young engineering grads who have designed a concrete cloth, and they have these inflatable structures that atart out about the size of a raft and end up being 10X20 ish...then you hose the outside down and it activates the concrete and becomes a permanent structure. That idea looked like a real good one to invest in...I'll look for a link, it was amazing you gotta see it

here it is

these dudes are going to get rich

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/dai...10/#clip255350

[quote user="bansaw"]here it is

[/quote]</P>

Wow... that's excellent. If I had money to invest, that would be a no-brainer. I'm sure they're well funded.</P>

Only thing I see which needs accounting for would be an exhaust pipe... cuz you know peoples are going to cook in there.</P>

I'll also bet that that concrete/PVC composite does a decent job of moderating internal temp vs. very hot or cold outside.</P>

[/quote]
    the epitome of ugly but utilitarian.

really it's a technological achievement, "revolutionary" as the reporter states.

I can imagine a shanty town of these gray domes and I can see a quickmake FOB as well from a military standpoint.

water resistant, fire resistant, this concrete canvas thing has some immediate uses.

just hope the greed factor doesn't rear its head to heavily.

but....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]The Haitians will get through this because they HAVE to. Hopefully they can unite and make their country stronger. They have a history of corrupt gov't, (seems to exist everywhere, not just there, hint hint) but they'll get through it.

What's interesting will be how much effort and help the world will provide them. Right now it's a shock and awe response, but let's face it, after a couple months, will the effort still be there? It needs to be....but it needs to be all nations, not just the U.S. helping out...
    [/quote]</p>

ALL Nations would be the key to help in this catastrophe. Hard to watch it unfold as things are getting worse by the minute down there which is completelyunderstandable. It's strange how some of these events hit the poorest places. New Orleans still needs much help and how many years has it been? Hopefully we have learned but ............</p>[/quote]

true or false....

we reacted faster and better to Haiti than NO?
    [/quote]

Absolutely true. AND everyone on the planet knew a Cat 5 hurricane was coming to NO...

I'm really starting to believe the whole world ending on 12-21-12 brew ha ha

Those poor people in Haiti. Just heartbreaking those images...

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</p>

Wow... that's excellent. If I had money to invest, that would be a no-brainer. I'm sure they're well funded.</p>

Only thing I see which needs accounting for would be an exhaust pipe... cuz you know peoples are going to cook in there.</p>

I'll also bet that that concrete/PVC composite does a decent job of moderating internal temp vs. very hot or cold outside.</p>[/quote]I thought same zim, but as he said you can cut the stuff with a utility blade so before you wet it you'd cut in your chimney etc. I think the military will be all over this

I'd like to get one for the end of days....head out to the woods ... bury this bad boy in the dirt and sit in the corner with my shotgun lol