All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Finally saw The Departed.

awesome movie.

Got questions but created a thread here: http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/1652395.aspx

I am warning however that what i wrote is a little of a spoiler so don't look unless you've seen this Masterpiece of a movie.
    [/quote]can't remember the movie well enough, i know it was good so maybe it's time to rewatch it.... sorry i couldn't help</P>

i just re-watched "the game" again, haven't seen that movie in a very long time.. one of my fav's .</P>

[/quote]

the game?

College football right? Young RB gets seduced to go to one school and tries to get the upper classmen, er upperclass-woman....

I got that in my collection haven't watched it in years man.
    [/quote]"the game" came out 97 i believe with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn..wild movie..</P>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119174/</P>

oh.

yeah [:$], the movie I was thinking of is called "The Program". LOL

you've watched any of the NFLN's Full Color Football yet? I've seen the first 2 episodes.
    It's really intriguing, on the one hand you watching the history of the AFL and the teams of that Era and on the other hand you're learning about the politics of that time, race relations the whole ball of wax.

Told my wife that if when they reproduce this 6 part series on DVD as a collection, I'd probably pick it up. (darn commercials)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Finally saw The Departed.

awesome movie.

Got questions but created a thread here: http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/1652395.aspx

I am warning however that what i wrote is a little of a spoiler so don't look unless you've seen this Masterpiece of a movie.
    [/quote]can't remember the movie well enough, i know it was good so maybe it's time to rewatch it.... sorry i couldn't help</P>

i just re-watched "the game" again, haven't seen that movie in a very long time.. one of my fav's .</P>

[/quote]

the game?

College football right? Young RB gets seduced to go to one school and tries to get the upper classmen, er upperclass-woman....

I got that in my collection haven't watched it in years man.
    [/quote]</P>

"The Departed" Terrific movie Can't go wrong with all those great actors and the story.....which was is somewhat true thought Wahlberg was great as well as all the rest loved how he [wahlberg]ended it</P>

yeah....but it was kind of ambiguous.

Did he do what he did because:

1) revenge for Queenin getting dropped like a sack
    2) Sully being the true rat
    3) he himself was dirty and trying to tie up loose ends

ya'know?

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]yeah....but it was kind of ambiguous.

ya'know?
    [/quote]</P>

imo GY The first 2 but not the third......just the way things work in "Southie" if ya get my drift. Di Caprio also did some job in that movie very impressive Damons charactor was such a creep. </P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

ya'know?
    [/quote]</p>

imo GY The first 2 but not the third......just the way things work in "Southie" if ya get my drift. Di Caprio also did some job in that movie very impressive Damons charactor was such a creep. </p>[/quote]

yea from the very beginning you knew he was dirty....wahlberg man, that dude is cool. too bad he cheers the pats and red sox.......but he's gotta rep his hometown so I totally respect that. (it's what I do to)

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]

ya'know?
    [/quote]</P>

imo GY The first 2 but not the third......just the way things work in "Southie" if ya get my drift. Di Caprio also did some job in that movie very impressive Damons charactor was such a creep. </P>

[/quote]

yea from the very beginning you knew he was dirty....wahlberg man, that dude is cool. too bad he cheers the pats and red sox.......but he's gotta rep his hometown so I totally respect that. (it's what I do to)
    [/quote]</P>

You know what else was really impressive in The Departed........the sound track , Pink Floyds remix of "Comfortabley Numb" when Dicaprio was with [making love] to the police shrink really played well into the scene</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]

ya'know?
    [/quote]</p>

imo GY The first 2 but not the third......just the way things work in "Southie" if ya get my drift. Di Caprio also did some job in that movie very impressive Damons charactor was such a creep. </p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You know what else was really impressive in The Departed........the sound track , Pink Floyds remix of "Comfortabley Numb" when Dicaprio was with [making love] to the police shrink really played well into the scene</p>[/quote]

it's weird how people want to compare it to Goodfellas, I mean why? One was giving us the view from inside the other made us the fly on the wall on both sides of the Law.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]

ya'know?
    [/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You know what else was really impressive in The Departed........the sound track , Pink Floyds remix of "Comfortabley Numb" when Dicaprio was with [making love] to the police shrink really played well into the scene</P>

[/quote]

it's weird how people want to compare it to Goodfellas, I mean why? One was giving us the view from inside the other made us the fly on the wall on both sides of the Law.
    [/quote]</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBG8I2kAODE</P>

This is the Pink Floyd version from The Departed [sub titles in Espanol lol best I could find right now on the quick] Plenty of good shots from the movie though</P>

Yeah two completelydifferent movies imo Goodfellas was a classic also but in another way. Too bad Harooni flew the coop , I know he loved Goodfellas and had some funny conversations on that movie. Did Martin Scorceses sp.do both? maybe thats why? I just thought The Departed was very different movie from Goodfellas as far as films go I thought the departed was much more intense for some reason</P>