All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"]I don't care what you say...that "anthem" was an insult.* Would have been WAY better if she'd just sang it and let the crowd drown her out...still can't believe how bad that was

[/quote]if this is for me i agree it was awful the way it was sung.. bad choice in song to try to show of the youngs girls voice..

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"]I don't care what you say...that "anthem" was an insult.* Would have been WAY better if she'd just sang it and let the crowd drown her out...still can't believe how bad that was

[/quote]if this is for me i agree it was awful the way it was sung.. bad choice in song to try to show of the youngs girls voice..

All-Pro

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]I don't care what you say...that "anthem" was an insult.* Would have been WAY better if she'd just sang it and let the crowd drown her out...still can't believe how bad that was

[/quote]dble post sorry.[/quote]

After the opening ceremony in China, it was almost like nothing would have compared.

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]I don't care what you say...that "anthem" was an insult. Would have been WAY better if she'd just sang it and <font color="#0000ff">let the crowd drown her out</font>...still can't believe how bad that was

[/quote]if this is for me i agree it was awful the way it was sung.. bad choice in song to try to show of the youngs girls voice..[/quote]
    That would have been cool.

Gotta admit, I really enjoyed Ohno and Celski on the short track.....

Sorry Band and Ban about the Frenchmen wiping your guy out on that one semifinal.

And Congrats to the Ladies, Hannah Kearney and Jenny Heil on the Freestyle Moguls....

So far not bad and the Olympics have delivered more than the DUnk Contest....not satisfied this year even with Nate's win.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Gotta admit, I really enjoyed Ohno and Celski on the short track.....

Sorry Band and Ban about the Frenchmen wiping your guy out on that one semifinal.

And Congrats to the Ladies, Hannah Kearney and Jenny Heil on the Freestyle Moguls....

So far not bad and the Olympics have delivered more than the DUnk Contest....not satisfied this year even with Nate's win.
    [/quote]good start for the US for sure.. 2 medals in Moguls and 2 in Speed Skating (thanks to the skaters from Korea, greedy bugger almost took his whole team out).. </P>

the Moguls was great.. i couldn't imagine the pressure on Heil, Kearney was possessed thoughand had 2 great runs.. </P>

i needed more TV's to watch all the events.. Womens Hockey, speedskating, Moguls, Luge. iwore out thereturn button on my remote.. </P>

I love the Olympics and haven't missed any since 1960. I'm just hoping the weather cooperates for good, safe events. </P>

There's quite a contrast between summer and winter regarding the danger the athletes face on snow and ice in the winter games. I didn't see any practice runs in the luge, but can't inagine how much faster they had to be going before they shortened the course after the accident.</P>

Ohno and Celski both had a good race, but they sure lucked out. You're right, bw... that one inside Korean guy in 2nd tried to make a last outside pass to beat his own team mate, but his other team mate was rightoutside him (he probably never saw him) and hewas boxedandhad no room to makethe move. I'll bet his team mate is ticked. Can you imagine all the years of preparation and then you're gone in a split second? That race is pure chaos and I'm amazed any time they finish with no one going down. What a contrast between that 1500 meters, and the Ho-Hum 1500 in summer track, eh?</P>

I was impressed with how steady Kearney raced the moguls. Her upper body hardly moves through the whole jaw ratcheting course.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="zimonami"]

I love the Olympics and haven't missed any since 1960.* I'm just hoping the weather cooperates for good, safe events. </P>

There's quite a contrast between summer and winter regarding the danger the athletes face on snow and ice in the winter games. I didn't see any practice runs in the luge, but can't inagine how much faster they had to be going before they shortened the course after the accident.</P>

Ohno and Celski both had a good race, but they sure lucked out.* You're right, bw... that one inside Korean guy in 2nd tried to make a last outside pass to beat his own team mate, but his other team mate was right*outside him (he probably never saw him) and he*was boxed*and*had no room to make*the move.* I'll bet his team mate is ticked.* Can you imagine all the years of preparation and then you're gone in a split second? That race is pure chaos and I'm amazed any time they finish with no one going down.* What a contrast between that 1500 meters, and the Ho-Hum 1500 in summer track, eh?</P>

I was impressed with how steady Kearney raced the moguls.* Her upper body hardly moves through the whole jaw ratcheting course.</P>[/quote] pretty good day again today.. Canada finally gets a Gold medal on home turf.. the Luge final was incredible everyone was one up-ing eachother.. i thought for sure Canada was getting atleast Bronze with only 6 to go. i still do't think its right they moved the start spot to the ladies section though.

Got to give a lot of props to the athletes skiing, luging etc on slick snow....i.e the rainy weather.

So far it's been better than what I thought, though I really don't care for the figure skating...

Of course I'm rooting the U.S but because of our buddies Band and Ban I admit I am pulling for the Canadiens.

I'm also rooting for Germany, due to being stationed over there and it's really a wonderful Country with awesome people!

So there ya' go: U.S, Canada and Germany for GY76 !!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI