Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]Got to give a lot of props to the athletes skiing, luging etc on slick snow....i.e the rainy weather.

So far it's been better than what I thought, though I really don't care for the figure skating...

Of course I'm rooting the U.S but because of our buddies Band and Ban I admit I am pulling for the Canadiens.

I'm also rooting for Germany, due to being stationed over there and it's really a wonderful Country with awesome people!

So there ya' go: U.S, Canada and Germany for GY76 !!!
    [/quote]entertaining day lined up.. medal events in snowboarding, 500m speedskating , downhill[/quote]</p>

http://www.fandome.com/video/117398/...ring-Practice/</p>

We have not seen the "Flying Tomato" yet.........NOTHING stops this kid [see video] []</p>[/quote]

mixed emotion...Germany slipped ahead the U.S in medal counts []
    Women's Hockey for both the U.S and Canada so far is obliterating the crap out of the Comp.

(Shaun hates that nick-name btw), but he is pretty cool to watch.

Anyone else feel good for Bode Miller yesterday? I did. Us "older" guys gotta stick together.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]Got to give a lot of props to the athletes skiing, luging etc on slick snow....i.e the rainy weather.

So far it's been better than what I thought, though I really don't care for the figure skating...

Of course I'm rooting the U.S but because of our buddies Band and Ban I admit I am pulling for the Canadiens.

I'm also rooting for Germany, due to being stationed over there and it's really a wonderful Country with awesome people!

[/quote]entertaining day lined up.. medal events in snowboarding, 500m speedskating , downhill[/quote]</p>

We have not seen the "Flying Tomato" yet.........NOTHING stops this kid [see video] []</p>[/quote]

Women's Hockey for both the U.S and Canada so far is obliterating the crap out of the Comp.

Anyone else feel good for Bode Miller yesterday? I did. Us "older" guys gotta stick together.
    [/quote]
    I didn't know Shaun hated that name...........hhhhmmmm... he certainly has done quite well over the past few years ,saw somewhere "Red Bull" or some company built him his own private run in the mountains to practice
    Just saw on the news how these "older" guys and girls are giving the young ones a run for their money. Yeah , I do like to see it

They should have some kind of mercy rule imo on the countries that are just not up to speed yet in Hockey.....it's like target practice

Also good to see the cross country skier [Johnnny Spillane] win a medal on Saturday although I could not believe over all these years we never won one

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]
    I didn't know Shaun hated that name...........hhhhmmmm... he certainly has done quite well over the past few years ,saw somewhere "Red Bull" or some company built him his own private run in the mountains to practice
    Just saw on the news how these "older" guys and girls are giving the young ones a run for their money. Yeah , I do like to see it

They should have some kind of mercy rule imo on the countries that are just not up to speed yet in Hockey.....it's like target practice

Also good to see the cross country skier [Johnnny Spillane] win a medal on Saturday although I could not believe over all these years we never won one[/quote]

about Shaun: Yeah the day of the Opening Ceremonies I caught an interview with him and while he isn't ballistic over the moniker, he was like, "Well, I'm older now..." So I got from that, that he kind of wants to distance himself from the "Tomato" to perhaps be taken a little more seriously.

I don't mind the younger Gen establishing themselves as the "Torch must be passed on" after all...but for us 30-somethings and older, it's kind of cool to see us, or those our age, put it down.

Mercy ruling will never happen....I don't know, but is the U.S Women's Hockey Team in the Gold possibilty? Or is it only Canada and Russia?

The Men's Team won like 3-1 today as well.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

yes to US Womens team in gold medal game.. its always Canada and US.. Canada going for 3 peat at Olympics..
    watched the US Mens team today, i was impressed with they physical play. very aggressive and physical.. scoring maybe tough to come by though.. they will need Millar to stand on his head if they are to get to a medal game..

Team Canada's mens hockey team payroll is 130 million lol

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"]Team Canada's mens hockey team payroll is 130 million lol
    [/quote]team Martin is curling very well, they're throwin darts err rocks lol

Anyone watch the girls snowboard cross thing the other day? It was pretty damn cool....but WAY too short.....

[quote user="bansaw"]Team Canada's mens hockey team payroll is 130 million lol
    [/quote]
    So many of the worlds best players come from Canada. It's cool the way it is set up now but sometimes I think the old way [unpaid professionals] did occasionally set the stage for great upsets. As per our 1980 USA team beating the Russians [ professionals even if they say no]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]Team Canada's mens hockey team payroll is 130 million lol
    [/quote]team Martin is curling very well, they're throwin darts err rocks lol[/quote]
    I'm going for the gold in that in 2014!!!
    jk

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone watch the girls snowboard cross thing the other day? It was pretty damn cool....but WAY too short.....
    [/quote]i like the way the determine the winner.. send out a group instead of single time runs.. i think the course was a bit to tough on the girls.. to many spills