Re: Asian giant for HC

Most of these women have been in training for years and the Olympic Gold is the culmination of their dreams. I don't blame them for celebrating like they did. And, 18 and drinking? Wake up. They're supposed to tell her not to celebrate with her team mates? That kind of stuff has been going on forever and only a hypocrite or a teatotaller could blame her and the team.</P>

The mistake was the coaches letting them do it out in the arena where they were open to public scrutiny. The coaches should have let them celebrate a few minutes, shake the hands of the Americans, and then congregate somewhere private where they could all let it loose without the photographers. </P>

How many of us were underage,and were in apartying situationwith friends or family, and were offered a drink... and said, "No. I'm not legal yet."? Yeah, right!</P>

Good for the Canadian women. Congrats. Party hardy. (just do it where the Press can't expose you to the microscope of public opinion.</P>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Skip Bayless is rippin them...

It's on the homepage of ESPN.

And they just said the girl who scored 2 goals is only 18 and she was drinking.

Also a double standard, some think no one would have said anything if it was the Men doing it.
    [/quote]</P>

Skip Bayless is a hypocritical weenie.</P>

'Nuf said.</P>

Exactly, Skip SUCKS!

But Bansaw said basically everything he did so I don't know.

I do know that Bansaw is not a weenie. []

All-Pro

[quote user="zimonami"]

Most of these women have been in training for years and the Olympic Gold is the culmination of their dreams.* I don't blame them for celebrating like they did. And, 18 and drinking?* Wake up. They're supposed to tell her not to celebrate with her team mates?* That kind of stuff has been going on forever and only a hypocrite or a teatotaller could blame her and the team.</P>

The mistake was the coaches letting them do it out in the arena where they were open to public scrutiny.* The coaches should have let them celebrate a few minutes, shake the hands of the Americans, and then congregate somewhere private where they could all let it loose without the photographers.***************** </P>

How many of us were underage,*and were in a*partying situation*with friends or family, and were offered a drink... and said, "No. I'm not legal yet."? Yeah, right!</P>

Good for the Canadian women. Congrats. Party hardy. (just do it where the Press can't expose you to the microscope of public opinion.</P>[/quote]i see no probs with it, except underage drinking if it happened.. but probably did she's from QC they start early lol
    good for them 3 in a row and at home soil is worth a bottle or 2

All-Pro

18 is legal drinking age in most of Canada.

The press missed the whole story. The girls were reliving a classic moment in Canadian hockey history.

When Canada beat Russia in 1972 in Moscow at the end of the decisive game...a bunch of Canadian players (esposito, white, savard, mahovlich) skated to the middle of the ice and lit up cigars and drank beer while lying on their backs enjoying the moment.

That makes alot more sense...

[quote user="Markroman"]18 is legal drinking age in most of Canada.

The press missed the whole story. The girls were reliving a classic moment in Canadian hockey history.

When Canada beat Russia in 1972 in Moscow at the end of the decisive game...a bunch of Canadian players (esposito, white, savard, mahovlich) skated to the middle of the ice and lit up cigars and drank beer while lying on their backs enjoying the moment.[/quote]but see that is the whole point

It was a Canada Cup, not THE OLYMPICS. Not some world championship, not some world tournament, it was THE OLYMPIC GAMES. Drink all you want in the locker room, you don't act like arrogant *******s on the ice I'm sorry. Hope they get punished

[quote user="bansaw"]I was disappointed watching them go on and on hugging and whooping when they should have been shaking hands with the U.S team instead of having them wait that long and burn it in their memory. Canada team will pay for doing that getting a very motivated team for the next while.

Then to hear they were boozing on the ice at THE OLYMPICS just shows how disrespectful they were. Terrible leadership by the Captains and how the coaching staff ever in a million years allowed that is beyond me.

The crowd was great though....showed lots of respect for the U.S team...even helping out with a USA chant
    [/quote]

That is definitley disrespectful not to shake hands with the US team or make them wait. I don't know if I really care too much about the boozing, but shake hands with the other team and get them off the ice. It's bad enough they lost don't make them stand there and wait....

It would really be interesting to see what the mens U.S team does when they beat Canada, or if Canada even makes it.... (I keeeed!!) [:P]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<h6 style="float: left;" class="sn">Bill Simmons<div style="font-size: xx-small; display: inline; font-weight: normal;">(12:25 PM)</div></h6>

I
    loved it. I am all for booze celebrations after championships. I want
    the Canadian curlers to do keg stands after they win today</p>[/quote]

Where are all the feminists in all this? I wonder what their take is. (and trust me, I don't care much for their take on a lot of issues...)

USA up 6-0 in the second. Looking good.</P>

Now it's up to the Canadians to win and set up the dream finale for us all.</P>

Who said Finland would beat US (can't remember, and can't look back)? Close.</P>