All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="zimonami"]

Who said Finland would beat US (can't remember, and can't look back)? Close.</P>[/quote]pretty sure it was BB4417

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]So does anybody believe Toyota is going to recoup their image anytime soon? Jeezz , they just seem to be digging themselves further into the hole every day. They had such a great rep but behind the scenes over there the last few years it appears...................just like every other giant corp[/quote]

I think there's more than meets the eye. I don't support any company that knows of known defects and doesn't get them recalled. Every car company has recalls. If anyone abandons Toyota because of this, they are fooling themselves, Toyyta/Honda are still hands down the best manufactures in the business for your money.

Isn't it coincidence that Congress/Washington is making a big deal about this now that America owns GM? It's also ironic the transportation secretary told people right away to stop driving Toyota's. Then quickly retracted it because that was pushing it too far.

The danger from the start was our government getting into the car business (GM) and now you're starting to see that. Wait until they get into the healthcare business and push everyone out until they are the last one standing, then they can have the crappiest coverage and you have no choice.

Toyota is at fault too for growing too fast. If people really want to abandon Toyota, then go for it, but use your hard earned money for Honda or other European cars (but they are more expensive and you don't bang for your buck), then go to Ford as a last resort. But don't buy GM. (government motors)

[/quote]

Like usual the media got something to grab onto and just won't let it go.
    Then to top it off the government decides they have to jump in and do something about it to make themselves look good.
    They did such a fine job in getting the American built car back on top this looks like a ploy to me to try and knock Toyota down a notch and hope the Amercian car companies can take advantage of it.
    If you got a chance to see that hearing live on TV with the US Rep. for Toyota it's plain and simply why the country is in the shape it's in, these people in the Senate and the Congress couldn't hold a job in McDonalds, and worse yet, we only have ourselves to blame for voting them in.
    I only own American cars and am not trying to pump Toyota, they will get it right and the last thing we need is someone asking stupid questions about something that is way over their heads.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

JPizzack:</P>

</P>

No harm no foul man, you're good around here!</P>

</P>

[quote user="bansaw"]I was disappointed watching them go on and on hugging and whooping when they should have been shaking hands with the U.S team...

Then to hear they were boozing on the ice at THE OLYMPICS just shows how disrespectful they were. Terrible leadership by the Captains and how the coaching staff ever in a million years allowed that is beyond me.

The crowd was great though....showed lots of respect for the U.S team...even helping out with a USA chant
    [/quote]</P>

Ban, I hear you man, but this is Hockey. The whole world knows that if Canada has to win Gold it better be Hockey.</P>

I mean look at the World Baseball Classic. You ask me, the U.S had BETTER win every year, and yet we don't. this past team we fielded seemed to get it, and you got that sense that they cared more than previous teams but....</P>

As far as boozing goes, I mean, Home Ice, the Nat'l Sport, and a tough, tough opponent in the U.S Women. I am proud of our girls and my only wish is that Vetter could have saved that 2nd shot. Still though, she had 27 (?) Saves versus your Goalie's 26 so hat's off to both of them.</P>

Mad Respect to the Canadians in the crowd though, reminded me of that recent Youth championship in which both teams went to the Shootout.</P>

Personally I think it's kind of cool that both the U.S and Canada share such a passionate rivalry in a sport. </P>

As you say, next Winter Olympics, Lord Willing, our Girls will be (hopefully) very motivated.</P>

[B]</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Skip Bayless is rippin them...

It's on the homepage of ESPN.

And they just said the girl who scored 2 goals is only 18 and she was drinking.

Also a double standard, some think no one would have said anything if it was the Men doing it.
    [/quote]</P>

Skippy Clueless is a total dipstick....he bashes whoever and whenever possible.</P>

and it is a double standard IMO.</P>

they (both Teams)scrapped all the way through. Did you see how many cheap shots were getting in?</P>

One chick got cold ****ed in the jaw as she was getting up from behind net....they were scrapping man.</P>

in the old days of baseball, boozing was very common. who knows? maybe getting loose before a big game minimizes the stress factor and you just go out there and just play...</P>

All-Pro

tied for 3rd with the Weigers with 20 Medals.. 9 gold not bad, was looking a little scary for awhile..

GO CANADA!!

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]Quick update, In Hartford tonight. Surgery went well and removed a lot of her pain so hopefully she will have mobility shortly. I'll keep everyone posted. Z sorry to hear about your loss as well.
    MJG
    [/quote]

Good to hear. Keep us posted.
    [/quote]
    Well they were able to get the tumor in her back under control so she can walk again.
    [/quote]</p>

That's good news. Walking is significant, especially for her own spirits because she won't be dependent. Give her your best hugs, mjg... too bad you don't live closer.</p>[/quote]
    All,
    Thanks for everyone's wishes, either here or via PM or email. Thanks. Made it in before the big storm, they released her from the hospital in Greenich on Thursday. She can walk right now, but the bad news is the cells found in her spine match lung cancer. We start radiology next week, to kill the stuff in her spine, and then have to look for the right chemo ****tail for her lung cancer which is spreading. Bad news is, the lung cancer can't be operated on. Thanks again for all of your compassion.

As weird it is being an Internet band of friendly strangers, the reality is we trust one another that we are being truthful with just about whatever we express.

Unless someone's a beast how can you not have sympathy for another going through rough or challenging times?

Maybe, on the "other side" depending on certain things shall I say, I'll meet some of you...obviously can't go into depth here for reasons that may cause "issues".

point is some of us truly care.

I feel bad for Apolo.....I don't think he was trying to be slick when he pushed off the Canuck, but he did and there ya' go.

But we made up for it with that crazy Speed Skate Relay though.

Canadiens got like 10 Golds now.....our hopes are in the 4 man bobsled teams and U.S Hockey []

All-Pro

it was a close call for the judges imo but himcalling outthe Canadian Judge was a bit of a d-bag move.. and it is quite possible the Canuck skater took a dive. he feels Ohno (great name) pushing him and for fear of being passed he hit the dirt knowing a DQ is possible.. i don't think we roll like that [:P] but who knows right?

[quote user="bandwgn86"]it was a close call for the judges imo but himcalling outthe Canadian Judge was a bit of a d-bag move.. and it is quite possible the Canuck skater took a dive. he feels Ohno (great name) pushing him and for fear of being passed he hit the dirt knowing a DQ is possible.. i don't think we roll like that [:P] but who knows right?[/quote]</P>

Ohno had his hand on his hip. If you look at the overhead view you can see that he never pushed/extended with his arm when the Canadian went down. But, too bad, his hand was there, and I don't think the judge had any choice.... just one of those things that they have to accept in these kind of tight quarter races.</P>

I think Ohno did feel that he got jobbed, because he knows he really didn't push, but I don't think he really meant to lay all the blame on the judge for a bad call... Ohno knows that its part of the sport. He was smiling when he said the judge was Canadian and might have been biased. He wasn't angry at it.We all know, and Ohno knows, that he has been on the other side of those calls. </P>

Like the Canadian women hockey team getting flack, the press makes more about these things than the athletes do.</P>

Ryan Miller is no Jim Craig

Tomorrow he get's SHELLED