Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"]saw a truck today with ZIM on the side and www.zim.com as well.

I thought of Zim and never knew he was a trucking magnate lol []

[/quote]</P>

I wish</P>

That's my old uncle... from the Dark Side. He still thinks he's running booze across the Canadian border. He can't remember that Prohibition was repealed.</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]haha this closing ceremony is poking fun at every stereotype LOL

[/quote]didn't really need the reminder that nickleback is Canadian lol[/quote]</P>

Hey, nickelback has some good stuff.</P>

Did you watch last night? NBC had Mary Carillo do a pretty long spot about all of the great comedians that are from Canada. It turned out to be a shamelesspitch for the 'upcoming' Saturday Night Live.</P>

[/quote]didn't get a chance to see it, woulda liked too though, theres probably a few names i've forgoten.. i just read the other day that Stephen Colbert grandparents were from just north of me and Vince Vaughn's momma was a Hamiltonian.. like me nickleback is one of those bands i cannot figure out why i don't like them, good sound catchy tunes singers got a decent voice.. somethin just bugs me lol[/quote]</P>

I like NickelBack ,never knew they were from Canada. They have certain throwback to some of the old good harder rock bands imo. Please don't tell me you don't like Neil Young either. Now he's a"legend" down here.............how about Aerosmith?</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I always hate seeing the olympics come to an end, even when it was in China. It's like one big party for 2 weeks. Great athletes, great competition and I always like seeing the landscapes and other unknown facts about the hosting country....

At least we get the olympics every 2 years, whether it's winter or summer....I am so glad that NYC is not going to get any summer olympics.

I can't even imagine the absolute chaos it would create....and you really can't "shutdown" NYC for 2 weeks just for the olympics....
    [/quote]</P>

I don't like seeing itend either. World class athletes who practice 4 years just for their events. I loved the 4 man Bobsled on Saturday night. Steve Holcom sp the driver really impressed me. </P>

Congrats to Bansaw and Bandy on the hockey yesterday. Great game [except the ending[]. Thought the 4 on 4 in OT was fantastic</P>

After seeing Vancover for 2 weeks I would love to get a chance to check it out in person</P>

Wheres the summer Olympics in 2 years?</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I always hate seeing the olympics come to an end, even when it was in China. It's like one big party for 2 weeks. Great athletes, great competition and I always like seeing the landscapes and other unknown facts about the hosting country....

At least we get the olympics every 2 years, whether it's winter or summer....I am so glad that NYC is not going to get any summer olympics.

I can't even imagine the absolute chaos it would create....and you really can't "shutdown" NYC for 2 weeks just for the olympics....
    [/quote]</P>

I don't like seeing itend either. World class athletes who practice 4 years just for their events. I loved the 4 man Bobsled on Saturday night. Steve Holcom sp the driver really impressed me. </P>

Congrats to Bansaw and Bandy on the hockey yesterday. Great game [except the ending[]. Thought the 4 on 4 in OT was fantastic</P>

After seeing Vancover for 2 weeks I would love to get a chance to check it out in person</P>

[/quote]</P>

Me, too. I haven't missed an Olympics since 1960.</P>

I love the 'every 2 years' format. It was always rough waiting 4 years.</P>

I wouldlike to see shots of that Vancouver areain the summer. Only choice I have is to go there in person and check her out.</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

I don't like seeing itend either. World class athletes who practice 4 years just for their events. I loved the 4 man Bobsled on Saturday night. Steve Holcom sp the driver really impressed me. </p>

Congrats to Bansaw and Bandy on the hockey yesterday. Great game [except the ending[]. Thought the 4 on 4 in OT was fantastic</p>

After seeing Vancover for 2 weeks I would love to get a chance to check it out in person</p>

Wheres the summer Olympics in 2 years?</p>[/quote]cool the Geoff Bodine was so instrumental in the bobsled. Must help getting NASCAR designers and wind tunnel time

also the next games are in London. I'll say I'm 10X more worried about a terror attack there than in Vancouver...where I really thought something might happen...until I saw the surveillance...but I guess London is already all videotaped ... *fingers crossed

I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

The Queen Charlotte Islands are where its at, so laid back, beautiful ferry rides...we had a pod of killer whale off the port bow when we were there last. And the drive up to Whistler...and Whistler itself are god's country
    pop into Toronto and we'll all meet....get bandy and CDN out too

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]cool the Geoff Bodine was so instrumental in the bobsled. Must help getting NASCAR designers and wind tunnel time

also the next games are in London. I'll say I'm 10X more worried about a terror attack there than in Vancouver...where I really thought something might happen...until I saw the surveillance...but I guess London is already all videotaped ... *fingers crossed

[/quote]</P>

Wow, the thought of terroristsnever even crossed my mind until you mentioned it, Ban. That would have been brutal. But, a perfect venue for some crazed idiot. You're right... London is a more viable target. Gonna have to get the beads out.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

I don't like seeing itend either. World class athletes who practice 4 years just for their events. I loved the 4 man Bobsled on Saturday night. Steve Holcom sp the driver really impressed me. </p>

Congrats to Bansaw and Bandy on the hockey yesterday. Great game [except the ending[]. Thought the 4 on 4 in OT was fantastic</p>

After seeing Vancover for 2 weeks I would love to get a chance to check it out in person</p>

Wheres the summer Olympics in 2 years?</p>

[/quote]cool the Geoff Bodine was so instrumental in the bobsled. Must help getting NASCAR designers and wind tunnel time

[/quote]</p>

Wow, the thought of terroristsnever even crossed my mind until you mentioned it, Ban. That would have been brutal. But, a perfect venue for some crazed idiot. You're right... London is a more viable target. Gonna have to get the beads out.</p>[/quote]it was on everyone elses mind. I guess the U.S really helped out, we spent lots of money on security...they had visuals on all the mountains, the entire highway...only one road from Vancouver to Whistler, you can be sure that was patrolled heavily. It's pretty wild to see the technologies, but then you know Bin Laden is still on the lam and wonder if it all really works lol

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

There was a great piece late Saturday afternoon on NBC about Gander , Nova Scotia. The name or the placemay bewrong but it was off the Coast of Canada . An old Air Force base. Now its a small town with like 6,000 people. Anyways , when all the Planes were grounded on 9/11 hundreds of them landed there. The people of that town were so good to all the Americans who had to stay there. One couple had a son who [FDNY]was killed after responding to the towers. What great persons those townspeople were. Many formed life long bonds with each other. Very inspiring story imo</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

Wheres the summer Olympics in 2 years?</p>

[/quote]</p>

There was a great piece late Saturday afternoon on NBC about Gander , Nova Scotia. The name or the placemay bewrong but it was off the Coast of Canada . An old Air Force base. Now its a small town with like 6,000 people. Anyways , when all the Planes were grounded on 9/11 hundreds of them landed there. The people of that town were so good to all the Americans who had to stay there. One couple had a son who [FDNY]was killed after responding to the towers. What great persons those townspeople were. Many formed life long bonds with each other. Very inspiring story imo</p>[/quote]good to hear they brought that story back up. I wondered if the only thing people remember was CNN saying they came in from Canada....which was false but never retracted.

What is best about that Gander, Newfoundland story is no one needed to be asked, they all just went and got people and took them to their homes. Small community Canada is like that all across the country....don't expect that in a city. All of Canada was impressed with what Gander did that day.