Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey all,
    Just heading back from my visit. My Mom is an incredible woman....... she went to work today! She starts radiation this week, and chemo in a few, when the chemo starts, I plan on returning. Thanks again for everyone's wishes and prayers.
    [/quote]Oh man, I know how stressful it is, my mom had cancer twice (she's fine now) and it was real rough on me.... I wish you and your Mom the best and u know she'll be in our prayers
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="bansaw"]I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

The Queen Charlotte Islands are where its at, so laid back, beautiful ferry rides...we had a pod of killer whale off the port bow when we were there last. And the drive up to Whistler...and Whistler itself are god's country
    pop into Toronto and we'll all meet....get bandy and CDN out too

[/quote]As much as I make my seemingly endless Canadian jokes, Im really a big fan of your country..... Hell Ive been a hockey player my whole life, how could I NOT love Canada. I always wanted to see more of the country, unfortunatley Ive only been to Montreal for a few hockey tournaments and was overwhelmed by how nice and clean that city was.... I always wanted to see some of Ontario and of course visit the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto

.... But I must say Vancouver looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey all,
    Just heading back from my visit. My Mom is an incredible woman....... she went to work today! She starts radiation this week, and chemo in a few, when the chemo starts, I plan on returning. Thanks again for everyone's wishes and prayers.
    [/quote]</p>

Work??? This soon? Amazing. Truly. </p>

Chemo and radiation zap the red blood cells. My wife started to take them together and then they had to stop the chemo because of it. Then she had 2 transfusions to get good blood in her. Have her get some iron pills... Her oncologist will know.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

Wow that is truly amazing. There is no way I would go to work!! Everyone deals with issues differently though and I'm sure her coworkers will be extremely supportive....I'm sure she was very appreciative of you to be able to come over in such a short notice with your busy schedule....

[quote user="bansaw"]I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

The Queen Charlotte Islands are where its at, so laid back, beautiful ferry rides...we had a pod of killer whale off the port bow when we were there last. And the drive up to Whistler...and Whistler itself are god's country

[/quote]

I read up on this just the other day. But I guess all cities have their issues. There's no perfect city and all the locals will be upset that for 2 weeks their schedules will be changed. I read that vancouver asked their locals to leave if possible for 2 weeks is that true? And that any locals staying couldn't keep their cars parked and couldn't even drive on the roads as basically the entire city belonged to the olympics and their athlete for 2 weeks.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bansaw"]I wasn't too impressed with Vancouver last time there. They did an excellent job hiding all the homeless and heroine junkies for 2 weeks, it is really bad there.

[/quote]

I read up on this just the other day. But I guess all cities have their issues. There's no perfect city and all the locals will be upset that for 2 weeks their schedules will be changed. I read that vancouver asked their locals to leave if possible for 2 weeks is that true? And that any locals staying couldn't keep their cars parked and couldn't even drive on the roads as basically the entire city belonged to the olympics and their athlete for 2 weeks.....

[/quote]
    before Brazil won the upcoming Summer Olympics....most chicagoans, like me [:S], absolutely HATED, HATED, HATED the idea of hosting the Olympics.

one reason for example was any Costs that exceeded the projected numbers would be paid for by us via additional TAXES.

another item, shutting down the Loop which is the downtown sector. The Loop is basically mid-town and south Manhattan in terms of companies, businesses, traffic, CTA etc.

In spite of an increase in city-wide revenue, we also had to stomach an influx of visitors in just about every other phase of life.

the Politicians are the ones who push hard for such "inconveniences" in spite of what the People feel or say.

PS
    there were a few Public Interest groups who did support the Olympics here, they even launched a Campaign to entice many of us to get aboard.

the day the Olympics were awarded to Brazil, there was NOT one person I worked with who expressed sadness. quite the opposite.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.If someone is going they better havea room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![]

[quote user="SEC105"]Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.*If someone is going they better have*a room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![][/quote]

I would love to see a SB happen here....

what a zoo this place would be....

lets get the game in the north east elements.....I dig

[quote user="SEC105"]Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.If someone is going they better havea room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![][/quote]</P>

In support of their bid, the Giants have promised the services of 1,000 volunteers with blow torches, and a drainage system to handle the overflow.</P>

I went to the '86 ('87) post SBXX1 celebration at Giant stadium. The day before the area got 20" of snow dumpoed on it.Everyone wasdown on the field because you couldn't get to a seat. They plowed about 75% of the field for the crowd and the platform to hold the players. There were 8-10 ft. piles of snow where the team would normally be standing. The parking lot was a disaster. I'd say there were only 5-10,000 there because of the weather.</P>

It would have been one of the best days ever except that we had all our best guys in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.</P>

No tickets needed, you just walked right in and went right to the field. No one cared that I was standing on the field, along with hundreds of others, swigging from flasks. It was bitter cold. I got blitzed, mixing vodka and blackberry brandy to keep me warm. Immediately afterwards I had to make a business call, and was mortified as I was sure you could smell it on me. My only salvation was that the engineer I was visiting was a huge Giant fan and wished he had gone, and seemed to understand. In 35 years of business calls, that was the first and last time... but, I'll never forget it.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.If someone is going they better havea room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![][/quote]</P>

In support of their bid, the Giants have promised the services of 1,000 volunteers with blow torches, and a drainage system to handle the overflow.</P>

I went to the '86 ('87) post SBXX1 celebration at Giant stadium. The day before the area got 20" of snow dumpoed on it.Everyone wasdown on the field because you couldn't get to a seat. They plowed about 75% of the field for the crowd and the platform to hold the players. There were 8-10 ft. piles of snow where the team would normally be standing. The parking lot was a disaster. I'd say there were only 5-10,000 there because of the weather.</P>

It would have been one of the best days ever except that we had all our best guys in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.</P>

No tickets needed, you just walked right in and went right to the field. No one cared that I was standing on the field, along with hundreds of others, swigging from flasks. It was bitter cold. I got blitzed, mixing vodka and blackberry brandy to keep me warm. Immediately afterwards I had to make a business call, and was mortified as I was sure you could smell it on me. My only salvation was that the engineer I was visiting was a huge Giant fan and wished he had gone, and seemed to understand. In 35 years of business calls, that was the first and last time... but, I'll never forget it.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Blackberry brandy AND vodka......................well it was SB Championship celebration[&lt;)]. I hear the winds in the new stadium are going to effect the crowd much more so than they did in the old stadium</P>

It's embarrassing to be a citizen of NY State and have others look on say this is the best elected officials you could find? Bring back Spitzer and his hookers!.........at least he was on top of his job