Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bansaw"]heard on the radio there's a big push to use wind power ans solar in the rebuilding of Haiti.

Makes so much sense, they have the sun and are on the trade winds. I think that would be huge for them, then get some proper civil engineering along with it

[/quote]

This of course is a great idea in theory. The country is rampant with corruption, they could be used as a model because how often do you really get to build a country from scratch. I just don't know if the Haitian gov't could ever really get anything done. Why now?

Most probably don't realize but after the quake, the Haitian President made rare appearances to his people. He basically disappeared. Clinton seems to be the face right now of rebuilding that country as well as all the other celebs.

Many of the Haitian people have said that if they ever see their president, they would do something to him I can't say here....

It would take the U.S. or U.N. to have complete autonomy over that country....
    [/quote]

Big Business?

Big Government?

Good Intentions policed by whom? i.e. will it be GE or some other company owning/managing?

Resources purported for our use, but how would we "give" to the People of Haiti?
    would a percentage of the profits get recouped to build roads, schools etc?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bansaw"]heard on the radio there's a big push to use wind power ans solar in the rebuilding of Haiti.

Makes so much sense, they have the sun and are on the trade winds. I think that would be huge for them, then get some proper civil engineering along with it

[/quote]

This of course is a great idea in theory. The country is rampant with corruption, they could be used as a model because how often do you really get to build a country from scratch. I just don't know if the Haitian gov't could ever really get anything done. Why now?

Most probably don't realize but after the quake, the Haitian President made rare appearances to his people. He basically disappeared. Clinton seems to be the face right now of rebuilding that country as well as all the other celebs.

Many of the Haitian people have said that if they ever see their president, they would do something to him I can't say here....

It would take the U.S. or U.N. to have complete autonomy over that country....
    [/quote]

Big Business?

Big Government?

Good Intentions policed by whom? i.e. will it be GE or some other company owning/managing?

Resources purported for our use, but how would we "give" to the People of Haiti?
    would a percentage of the profits get recouped to build roads, schools etc?
    [/quote]

It's all business unfortunately. I don't think any company like GE would put in a dime without figuring out how they can profit off of it. Governments wish they can be ran like a business too but their overall philosophy is too different as well as the fact that you have career politicians making decisions who've never really held a real job or ran a business before.

At the end of the day, if a company like GE can make Haitian lives better and profiting, that's not a bad thing. It's only a bad thing when they are making a profit and barely making lives better or if they would be better off without it....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <h1><font size="3">Bullish Trump presses ahead with $1.6bn golf course in Scotland</font></h1>

[/quote]</p>

Big difference in how Bill Gates and Donald Trump spend their money.</p>[/quote]

It's true, hate Microsoft all you want, but unlike others, Bill Gates is doing a good deed with his charity. I don't know if Trump even has one so I can't say too much. Steve Jobs, Mr. Apple, I don't think he has one either....

So the one guy we always dog the most is giving back the most.....
    [/quote]
    He gave 10 BILLION to research cancer. He truly is amazing and seems pretty down to Earth.

Warren Buffet does right? He is the 3rd richest man...

Did you guys read Gates is not the richest man in the world anymore?

The title of "World's Richest" went to Mexican telecom mogul Carlos Slim, with a net worth of $53.5 billion. It marked the first time since 1994 that the world's richest wasn't from U.S.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/i/msnbc/C...ore_Wind_P.gif</P>

There thinking about building those wind mills off Jones Beach. Some people don't like it at all. Seems though it may be the way to go. Of courseas you guys mentioned........money is always the deciding factor Who benefits? Something tells me the utility companies are not going to do it out of the goodness of their hearts</P>

</P>

All-Pro

have you guys seen these Oarfish before.. can grow up to fifteen metres or 16.4041 yards for my non metric freinds lol</P>

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...src=canadanews</P>

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <H1><FONT size=3>Bullish Trump presses ahead with $1.6bn golf course in Scotland</FONT></H1>

[/quote]</P>

Big difference in how Bill Gates and Donald Trump spend their money.</P>

[/quote]

It's true, hate Microsoft all you want, but unlike others, Bill Gates is doing a good deed with his charity. I don't know if Trump even has one so I can't say too much. Steve Jobs, Mr. Apple, I don't think he has one either....

So the one guy we always dog the most is giving back the most.....
    [/quote]
    He gave 10 BILLION to research cancer. He truly is amazing and seems pretty down to Earth.

Warren Buffet does right? He is the 3rd richest man...

Did you guys read Gates is not the richest man in the world anymore?

The title of "World's Richest" went to Mexican telecom mogul Carlos Slim, with a net worth of $53.5 billion. It marked the first time since 1994 that the world's richest wasn't from U.S.

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Some how I get the gutfeeling Trump does not really care if you , I or anybody else gets rich as long as he is lol</P>

Don't care what that book title says</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

have you guys seen these Oarfish before.. can grow up to fifteen metres or 16.4041 yards for my non metric freinds lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

</P>

We caught one last night BW......damm good broiled!!! lol no really , I had never heard of that kind of fish. Weird how it may predict underwater earthquakes </P>

All-Pro

so what the heck is going on with yourPeso down there.. we are at .98 cents and predicted to go over to 1.02... which is killin the Manufacturing.Transportation Industry up here.. please fix asap []</P>

i've been hearing rumors of the Pres sayin he wants out of Nafta? thats scary... </P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

</P>

We caught one last night BW......damm good broiled!!! lol no really , I had never heard of that kind of fish. Weird how it may predict underwater earthquakes </P>[/quote]hollywood monsters, screw space exploration.. the Oceans are where its at..

[quote user="SEC105"]

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/i/msnbc/C...ore_Wind_P.gif</p>

There thinking about building those wind mills off Jones Beach. Some people don't like it at all. Seems though it may be the way to go. Of courseas you guys mentioned........money is always the deciding factor Who benefits? Something tells me the utility companies are not going to do it out of the goodness of their hearts</p>

</p>[/quote]Oh good ol LI and their big dreams and no follow through..... What ever happened to the tunnel from Nassau to CT or the mini-city that was supposed to go up where Pilgrim State is??? LOL

At this point I dont take anything they say seriously til I see some ground breaking
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'