Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]just thought I'd pop in and say how glad I'm able to stop in

was sitting at a red light waiting for the left turn arrow to go away...there were no cars coming towards me so when green I snailed off the line, no hurry, no worry....

then I hear this horrible tire skidding ... looked to my left and see a tractor trailer fully locked up and all tires smoking, smoke was pouring out, I tried to gun the van but it wouldn't have mattered ... thankfully he got it whoa'd up before my side of the intersection.

I thought of was my kids before I cleared the intersection and then for the next 1/2 hour I got the giggles ... whew

[/quote]maybe you should stop driving Ban lol[/quote]I'm thinking 2 seconds

dude notices it's red 2 seconds later he's plowing through the side of me

[/quote]scary stuff theres no coming back from that kind of accident..[/quote]I would have had as good a shot at survival with the police station kitty corner, fast response lol

and if it did come down I'd have left on Wayne Gretzky Pkwy just past McConkey Ct lol, so I'd have had that going for me

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]just thought I'd pop in and say how glad I'm able to stop in

was sitting at a red light waiting for the left turn arrow to go away...there were no cars coming towards me so when green I snailed off the line, no hurry, no worry....

then I hear this horrible tire skidding ... looked to my left and see a tractor trailer fully locked up and all tires smoking, smoke was pouring out, I tried to gun the van but it wouldn't have mattered ... thankfully he got it whoa'd up before my side of the intersection.

I thought of was my kids before I cleared the intersection and then for the next 1/2 hour I got the giggles ... whew

[/quote]maybe you should stop driving Ban lol[/quote]I'm thinking 2 seconds

dude notices it's red 2 seconds later he's plowing through the side of me

[/quote]scary stuff theres no coming back from that kind of accident..[/quote]I would have had as good a shot at survival with the police station kitty corner, fast response lol

and if it did come down I'd have left on Wayne Gretzky Pkwy just past McConkey Ct lol, so I'd have had that going for me

[/quote]i would think we'd all prefer you NOT to be a smear on Wayne Gretzky Pkwy.. lol

[quote user="bansaw"]just thought I'd pop in and say how glad I'm able to stop in

[/quote]</P>

wow. A few very scary seconds there. </P>

lol on "...whoa'd up..." Conjured visions of a horse out of control... only, your encounter was prob 40-60,000 pounds.</P>

Ya gotta kiss terra firma and look up to the heavens when you realize how lucky you were.</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

we caught the outskirts of the storm but it ruined my plans to go to the driving range [:@]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

So what stopped ya? lol not a little bad weather? These guys above look like they were having fun .....no?[]</P>

[/quote]i cannot see it but i'm going to say no lol</P>

i don't mind cold weather.. i've even golfed in Feburary up here but rain is no fun no matter how much beer you drink lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

It's a golfer and his caddy walking in the rain. They don't look to happy lol</P>

So is St. Patricks day big up in Hamilton?....thats a good excuse to drink beer! and it's this week</P>

[/quote]probably just as big as any city not named New York or Boston.. we have alot of wanna be Irish come this time of year.. lol[/quote]</P>

</P>

Everybodys Irish on St. Patricks Day BW Right? Hopefully you can see this pic at home...it's a good one. I have not been in to the NYC one inyears........but it is huge. Led by the famous Fighting 69th since 1859 I believe. Sound like you guys know how to doit wellup there "Erin Go Braugh" to you lol</P>

[/quote]i see the pic..wish i didn't lol[/quote]</P>

looks like Imus</P>

he does.

what did he turn in that goofy 5-gallon for a bowler hat?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

we caught the outskirts of the storm but it ruined my plans to go to the driving range [:@]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

So what stopped ya? lol not a little bad weather? These guys above look like they were having fun .....no?[]</P>

[/quote]i cannot see it but i'm going to say no lol</P>

i don't mind cold weather.. i've even golfed in Feburary up here but rain is no fun no matter how much beer you drink lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

It's a golfer and his caddy walking in the rain. They don't look to happy lol</P>

So is St. Patricks day big up in Hamilton?....thats a good excuse to drink beer! and it's this week</P>

[/quote]probably just as big as any city not named New York or Boston.. we have alot of wanna be Irish come this time of year.. lol[/quote]</P>

</P>

Everybodys Irish on St. Patricks Day BW Right? Hopefully you can see this pic at home...it's a good one. I have not been in to the NYC one inyears........but it is huge. Led by the famous Fighting 69th since 1859 I believe. Sound like you guys know how to doit wellup there "Erin Go Braugh" to you lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

sec... I marched in the NYC St. Pats Day Parade in '58 and '66. I was 19 (drinking age was 18 then... not that that mattered))in '66 and it was one of the best days ever... although I'm not partial to green beer on tap... but, ya gottahave at leastone of them.</P>

<div class="cnnBlogContentPost">
    <div class="snap_preview"><div class="wp-caption alignnone" style="width: 426px;"><p class="wp-caption-text"> A three-inch long Lyssianasid amphipod (seen in orange) was found on the underside of the McMurdo ice shelf in Antarctica.</p></div>

Six hundred feet below the Antarctic ice, where no light can be
    found, NASA scientists made a startling discovery – a swimming
    shrimp-like creature that could challenge the idea of where and how
    forms of life can survive.</p>

<span id="more-5626"></span>While the creature is small itself -– only about three inches long -– its impact could be tremendous.</p>

A NASA team had lowered a small video camera to get the first-ever
    photograph of the underside of an ice shelf – and that’s when they saw
    the swimming creature, according to a NASA document.</p>

The discovery could shake the very foundation of what kind of creatures can survive in certain atmospheres.</p>

"We were operating on the presumption that nothing's there," NASA
    ice scientist Robert Bindschadler told the Associated Press. "It was a
    shrimp you'd enjoy having on your plate."</p>

"We were just gaga over it," he told the AP.</p>

The creature, a Lyssianasid amphipod, could lead the way for larger
    expeditions into harsher environments that scientists previously
    believed could not support life – both on the Earth and even frozen
    moons in outer space.</p>
    </div></div>

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="cnnBlogContentPost">
    <div class="snap_preview"><div class="wp-caption alignnone" style="width: 426px;"><p class="wp-caption-text"> A three-inch long Lyssianasid amphipod (seen in orange) was found on the underside of the McMurdo ice shelf in Antarctica.</p></div>

Six hundred feet below the Antarctic ice, where no light can be
    found, NASA scientists made a startling discovery – a swimming
    shrimp-like creature that could challenge the idea of where and how
    forms of life can survive.</p>

<span id="more-5626"></span>While the creature is small itself -– only about three inches long -– its impact could be tremendous.</p>

A NASA team had lowered a small video camera to get the first-ever
    photograph of the underside of an ice shelf – and that’s when they saw
    the swimming creature, according to a NASA document.</p>

The discovery could shake the very foundation of what kind of creatures can survive in certain atmospheres.</p>

"We were operating on the presumption that nothing's there," NASA
    ice scientist Robert Bindschadler told the Associated Press. "It was a
    shrimp you'd enjoy having on your plate."</p>

"We were just gaga over it," he told the AP.</p>

The creature, a Lyssianasid amphipod, could lead the way for larger
    expeditions into harsher environments that scientists previously
    believed could not support life – both on the Earth and even frozen
    moons in outer space.</p>
    </div></div>[/quote]

We as humans really need to get over ourselves and think that just because what we need to support life is what every other creature needs. So not true....

There's no reason why a creature can't breath in carbon dioxide and breath out oxygen, just like trees. We are continually finding creatures in odd places....it's not odd to them!!

If you go absolutely to the bottom of the ocean, I bet you will find stunning creatures, probably bigger than any submarine we could build....and those creatures probably don't have a clue about land above them....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=cnnBlogContentPost>
    <DIV class=snap_preview>
    <DIV style="WIDTH: 426px" class="wp-caption alignnone">
    <P class=wp-caption-text>A three-inch long Lyssianasid amphipod (seen in orange) was found on the underside of the McMurdo ice shelf in Antarctica.</P></DIV>

Six hundred feet below the Antarctic ice, where no light can be found, NASA scientists made a startling discovery – a swimming shrimp-like creature that could challenge the idea of where and how forms of life can survive.</P>

<SPAN id=more-5626></SPAN>While the creature is small itself -– only about three inches long -– its impact could be tremendous.</P>

A NASA team had lowered a small video camera to get the first-ever photograph of the underside of an ice shelf – and that’s when they saw the swimming creature, according to a NASA document.</P>

The discovery could shake the very foundation of what kind of creatures can survive in certain atmospheres.</P>

"We were operating on the presumption that nothing's there," NASA ice scientist Robert Bindschadler told the Associated Press. "It was a shrimp you'd enjoy having on your plate."</P>

"We were just gaga over it," he told the AP.</P>

The creature, a Lyssianasid amphipod, could lead the way for larger expeditions into harsher environments that scientists previously believed could not support life – both on the Earth and even frozen moons in outer space.</P></DIV></DIV>

[/quote]

We as humans really need to get over ourselves and think that just because what we need to support life is what every other creature needs. So not true....

There's no reason why a creature can't breath in carbon dioxide and breath out oxygen, just like trees. We are continually finding creatures in odd places....it's not odd to them!!

If you go absolutely to the bottom of the ocean, I bet you will find stunning creatures, probably bigger than any submarine we could build....and those creatures probably don't have a clue about land above them....

[/quote]</P>

yeah, AG... we humans are arrogant and smug.</P>

They don't know about land, and humans... but, just wait until they invent their own periscope... Then, the amphipods will invade. </P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=cnnBlogContentPost>
    <DIV class=snap_preview>
    <DIV style="WIDTH: 426px" class="wp-caption alignnone">
    <P class=wp-caption-text>A three-inch long Lyssianasid amphipod (seen in orange) was found on the underside of the McMurdo ice shelf in Antarctica.</P></DIV>

Six hundred feet below the Antarctic ice, where no light can be found, NASA scientists made a startling discovery – a swimming shrimp-like creature that could challenge the idea of where and how forms of life can survive.</P>

<SPAN id=more-5626></SPAN>While the creature is small itself -– only about three inches long -– its impact could be tremendous.</P>

A NASA team had lowered a small video camera to get the first-ever photograph of the underside of an ice shelf – and that’s when they saw the swimming creature, according to a NASA document.</P>

The discovery could shake the very foundation of what kind of creatures can survive in certain atmospheres.</P>

"We were operating on the presumption that nothing's there," NASA ice scientist Robert Bindschadler told the Associated Press. "It was a shrimp you'd enjoy having on your plate."</P>

"We were just gaga over it," he told the AP.</P>

The creature, a Lyssianasid amphipod, could lead the way for larger expeditions into harsher environments that scientists previously believed could not support life – both on the Earth and even frozen moons in outer space.</P></DIV></DIV>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

yeah, AG... we humans are arrogant and smug.</P>

They don't know about land, and humans... but, just wait until they invent their own periscope... Then, the amphipods will invade. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Who knows whats down there. It's not like we [humans]get to spend much time investigating</P>

</P>

We've probably explored less than 1% of the ocean floor. In many ways similar to space travel really imo</P>