Re: Asian giant for HC

Has anyone been watching HBO's The Pacific?

I got Verizon FIOS last week and it came with HBO for 3 months. So far I think the series is pretty good. I'm not sure how many episodes there are, I think just 3 and they aired all of them last night. I think episode 4 is airing this Sunday.

I can't speak for everyone, but all I remember about WW2 in high school was Pearl Harbor and the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki.....oh yeah, and of course normandy beach and the Nazi's...

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

Tokyo, Japan (CNN) -- The game begins with a teenage girl on a subway platform. She notices you are looking at her and asks, "Can I help you with something?"</P>

That is when you, the player, can choose your method of assault.</P>

With the click of your mouse, you can grope her and lift her skirt. Then you can follow her aboard the train, assaulting her sister and her mother.</P>

As you continue to play, "friends" join in and in a series of graphic, interactive scenes, you can corner the women, *** them again and again. </P>

The game allows you to even impregnate a girl and urge her to have an abortion. The reason behind your assault, explains the game, is that the teenage girl has accused you of molesting her on the train. The motive is revenge.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>REALLY!?!?</FONT>
    </P>[/quote]

what in the living f**k is this BB?

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="keyofgmen"]Well, I don't visit this section often, but I gotta say (without divulging my political views)...OK[/quote]</P>

OK then..................it's settled! lol []</P>

[/quote]

come on in, pull up a chair....will that be peppermint, chai, black or green? []

[/quote]</P>

I'll go with a green tea lol.......supposed to be healthy for ya. Might as well go with that as we hash outthe worlds problems []</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Has anyone been watching HBO's The Pacific?

I got Verizon FIOS last week and it came with HBO for 3 months. So far I think the series is pretty good. I'm not sure how many episodes there are, I think just 3 and they aired all of them last night. I think episode 4 is airing this Sunday.

I can't speak for everyone, but all I remember about WW2 in high school was Pearl Harbor and the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki.....oh yeah, and of course normandy beach and the Nazi's...
    [/quote]</P>

There's 10 episodes I believe. I Just watched no.3 the other night. The Pacific Island hopping campaign was brutal. While theEuropean theaterwas also , the Pacific war was dealing with an enemy who for the most did not know the word surrender even if it was evident all was lost. The horrific casualty rate we were suffering convinced the President to drop the big one. Still no surrender , hence the second one was dropped on Nagasaki. Can't recall exact numbers but we expected to lose at least 200, 000 soldiers if we had to invade the mainland.</P>

I think it's a pretty good series so far. I just did not get if "Lucky" got kicked out of the Corp after getting drunk and cursing out the Captain the other night. He was the guy who's girlfriend told himthings were not going to work out</P>

Tom Hanks did avery good job with "Band of Brothers" imo...........................At least I think that was Tom Hanks backing it?</P>

I have question............if we post a picture on here from some site....is there a way to tell if it's going to end up on here as one of the little boxes with red "x" and the pic gone. I'm guessing it's taken back because of some copyright?

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

There's 10 episodes I believe. I Just watched no.3 the other night. The Pacific Island hopping campaign was brutal. While theEuropean theaterwas also , the Pacific war was dealing with an enemy who for the most did not know the word surrender even if it was evident all was lost. The horrific casualty rate we were suffering convinced the President to drop the big one. Still no surrender , hence the second one was dropped on Nagasaki. Can't recall exact numbers but we expected to lose at least 200, 000 soldiers if we had to invade the mainland.</p>

I think it's a pretty good series so far. I just did not get if "Lucky" got kicked out of the Corp after getting drunk and cursing out the Captain the other night. He was the guy who's girlfriend told himthings were not going to work out</p>

Tom Hanks did avery good job with "Band of Brothers" imo...........................At least I think that was Tom Hanks backing it?</p>[/quote]

The quality is pretty good. I haven't seen Band of Brothers in awhile, so I'd have to watch it again but I liked BoB also. I think more stories need to be told about WW2 before we forget it all....

I think that Lucky DID get kicked out because he was drunk and cursed out the Corp. That's why initially they both thought they were getting kicked out, but it was just Lucky. I'm not sure I really liked Lucky's story with his GF. I mean, she really came onto him extremely fast. The family accepted him right away and without even knowing him all that well, slept with him. I was always told to be careful about chicks who give it up too fast. LOL.....

It's Tom Hanks and Spielberg producing this. It seems ever since Hanks did Saving Private Ryan, he's never let go of the WW2 era....and I'm glad he didn't because him and Spielberg make a good team...

[quote user="SEC105"]I have question............if we post a picture on here from some site....is there a way to tell if it's going to end up on here as one of the little boxes with red "x" and the pic gone. I'm guessing it's taken back because of some copyright?[/quote]

If it worked before and it doesn't now, then the link or image doesn't exist. Usually if it's a copyright issue, you'll get some other kind of image about using their stuff....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

There's 10 episodes I believe. I Just watched no.3 the other night. The Pacific Island hopping campaign was brutal. While theEuropean theaterwas also , the Pacific war was dealing with an enemy who for the most did not know the word surrender even if it was evident all was lost. The horrific casualty rate we were suffering convinced the President to drop the big one. Still no surrender , hence the second one was dropped on Nagasaki. Can't recall exact numbers but we expected to lose at least 200, 000 soldiers if we had to invade the mainland.</P>

I think it's a pretty good series so far. I just did not get if "Lucky" got kicked out of the Corp after getting drunk and cursing out the Captain the other night. He was the guy who's girlfriend told himthings were not going to work out</P>

Tom Hanks did avery good job with "Band of Brothers" imo...........................At least I think that was Tom Hanks backing it?</P>

[/quote]

The quality is pretty good. I haven't seen Band of Brothers in awhile, so I'd have to watch it again but I liked BoB also. I think more stories need to be told about WW2 before we forget it all....

I think that Lucky DID get kicked out because he was drunk and cursed out the Corp. That's why initially they both thought they were getting kicked out, but it was just Lucky. I'm not sure I really liked Lucky's story with his GF. I mean, she really came onto him extremely fast. The family accepted him right away and without even knowing him all that well, slept with him. I was always told to be careful about chicks who give it up too fast. LOL.....

It's Tom Hanks and Spielberg producing this. It seems ever since Hanks did Saving Private Ryan, he's never let go of the WW2 era....and I'm glad he didn't because him and Spielberg make a good team...

[/quote]</P>

I agree , the story of Lucky and the girlfriend seemed a little far fetched even it was wartime. Most of what I've read seemed to indicate an American was great catch for any women overseas. Well at least Lucky has the memories [] to hold onto lol She was pretty nice AND a bit wild</P>

I think Hanks and Speilberg are doing a great job recreating WW2 era. "Saving Private Ryan" did some job terrific job....especially the June6 ,1944D-Day scenes. I remember reading they had many Vets consulting on this. It's good we are getting their stories before we lose them to history</P>

B of B is a great extension of Saving Private Ryan imo I remember reading about the battle of The Arden Forest long beforethe series was made and so much of it held true to everything I had read. Right down to the Germans exploding those bombs at tree topto inflict the most damage. Makes you wonder how many of these guys went home with mental wounds that they never recovered from IF they werefortunate enoughto survive</P>

[quote user="Bansaw"][/quote]
    <h2><font size="3">Kobe lets humor flow with Cabbie</font></h2>Good stuff, glad you turned me onto this...

Hey all checkin-in. Allo Allo

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey all checkin-in. Allo Allo
    [/quote]

Are you sure you're allowed to check in? LOL...