Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]So what's the topic for this week fellas?
    [/quote]we can talk about how the Jays are in first place [Y][/quote]

kings of april, jesters of october
    [/quote]boooo yah big meanie, can't just let me have this..[/quote]

LOL I've never heard that phrase before but that sums it up....

They start fast and then come playoff time they just crumble. Sorry Banny...

But I can say that is impressive that they can do that with their staff.....

Especially without Halliday now....
    [/quote]

Halliday being gone really hurted them.

But hey Vernon Wells is coming through for 'em.
    [/quote]Ahem, its Halladay []</P>

AG you are wrong my freind, historically the Jays and TO teams as a matter of fact start out like crap and start playing well closer to the end of season when there is no pressure, due to being eliminated from any playoff race after the first week [:@]</P>

now these Jays for the past 2 seasons are starting a new trend.. out of the gates quick but the results arethe same lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well.............look at it this way.............you guys got all the good hockey players lol jeeeezzzz , could'nt you just send a few down here to the Islanders. We have'nt had a good team since Regan was President![]</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]So what's the topic for this week fellas?

[/quote]

AG you are wrong my freind, historically the Jays and TO teams as a matter of fact start out like crap and start playing well closer to the end of season when there is no pressure, due to being eliminated from any playoff race after the first week [:@]</P>

now these Jays for the past 2 seasons are starting a new trend.. out of the gates quick but the results arethe same lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well.............look at it this way.............you guys got all the good hockey players lol jeeeezzzz , could'nt you just send a few down here to the Islanders. We have'nt had a good team since Regan was President![]</P>[/quote]lol.. actually have you seen the teams up North?a Canadian teamhasn't hoisted the cup since early 90's.. you have all ourgood players lol

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]So what's the topic for this week fellas?
    [/quote]

[link]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/13/magnitude-quake-hits-chinas-tibet-region/ww[/link]

the newest EQ ????

signs of the Times....

[link]http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/14/report-elin-close-filing-divorce/[/link]

Elin's leaving ????
    [/quote]

Weren't we just talking abotu EQ's last week? Weren't we just saying that at some point it's no longer coincedental? Like I said before, I'm willing to be blind and put them all in the coincedental category but now something doesn't seem right...

I'm not ready just yet to step off the ledge, but anymore 7.0+ EQ's and something wicked is going on...

As for Elin I am SHOCKED.

Seriously, I know no woman should or could withstand THAT many chicks that Tiger cheated with, but I thought this was going to be a typical celebrity get back together kinda thing.

Kinda like Sandra Bullock, I mean, where are her divorce papers...

WOW!!

[/quote]</P>

EQ's - The earth is bubbling.</P>

We talk about Global Warming and the rise of the air's average temp.</P>

How about the average temp of the earth? One of these days I'll look it up, but I know the geologists have temps for our earth. Maybe our core temps areslightly increasing. If that's happening, it would also have an effect on our air temp... and the Global Warmingincrease might not be due to just thepollutants we put into it, but rather a combo, along with the earth Temp increasing. There are some, I know, that would ascribe the increase in earth temp as due to the increase in air temp... but, maybe not entirely.</P>

[/quote]</P>

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-last-months/1</P>

You guys hear about this volcano eruption in Iceland. It's grounded air flights all over Europe including Britain and Ireland. My daughter and her boyfriend flew to Dublin last week for avacation. They are supposed to return Saturday.....I'm praying they can but only if it's safe to fly</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'll add a few thoughts and prayers for their safety, too, SEC.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]So what's the topic for this week fellas?
    [/quote]

[link]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/13/magnitude-quake-hits-chinas-tibet-region/ww[/link]

the newest EQ ????

signs of the Times....

[link]http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/14/report-elin-close-filing-divorce/[/link]

Elin's leaving ????
    [/quote]

Weren't we just talking abotu EQ's last week? Weren't we just saying that at some point it's no longer coincedental? Like I said before, I'm willing to be blind and put them all in the coincedental category but now something doesn't seem right...

I'm not ready just yet to step off the ledge, but anymore 7.0+ EQ's and something wicked is going on...

As for Elin I am SHOCKED.

Seriously, I know no woman should or could withstand THAT many chicks that Tiger cheated with, but I thought this was going to be a typical celebrity get back together kinda thing.

Kinda like Sandra Bullock, I mean, where are her divorce papers...

WOW!!

[/quote]</P>

EQ's - The earth is bubbling.</P>

We talk about Global Warming and the rise of the air's average temp.</P>

How about the average temp of the earth? One of these days I'll look it up, but I know the geologists have temps for our earth. Maybe our core temps areslightly increasing. If that's happening, it would also have an effect on our air temp... and the Global Warmingincrease might not be due to just thepollutants we put into it, but rather a combo, along with the earth Temp increasing. There are some, I know, that would ascribe the increase in earth temp as due to the increase in air temp... but, maybe not entirely.</P>

[/quote]</P>

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-last-months/1</P>

You guys hear about this volcano eruption in Iceland. It's grounded air flights all over Europe including Britain and Ireland. My daughter and her boyfriend flew to Dublin last week for avacation. They are supposed to return Saturday.....I'm praying they can but only if it's safe to fly</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'll add a few thoughts and prayers for their safety, too, SEC.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Thanks Z , I appreciate that............She looked soforward to the trip but when I talked to her the other day they were ready to come home thisSaturday. This volcano debris stuff has me worried about them. </P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Well.............look at it this way.............you guys got all the good hockey players lol jeeeezzzz , could'nt you just send a few down here to the Islanders. We have'nt had a good team since Regan was President![]</P>

[/quote]lol.. actually have you seen the teams up North?a Canadian teamhasn't hoisted the cup since early 90's.. you have all ourgood players lol[/quote]</P>

Well they certainly are not on Long Island!!! LOL Then the Rangers lose in OT last Sunday to the Flyers. Just not NYs year in Hockey. Maybe the Devils will win. If it makes you feelany better , I can't stand the Phillies , now even more so since they grabbed Halladay from ya</P>

Maybe the Jays will get some good Karma this year and play this way all year [until they meet the Yankees][]</P>

All-Pro

LI got John Tavares, at 19 he'll be a star for many years annnnnnnd the No. 5 pick overall in this draft.. never no what you may get..</P>

that Campbell kid from the US Juniors team (that won gold over Canada [:@]) is in this draft..he could be the next Ryan Millar</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

LI got John Tavares, at 19 he'll be a star for many years annnnnnnd the No. 5 pick overall in this draft.. never no what you may get..</P>

that Campbell kid from the US Juniors team (that won gold over Canada [:@]) is in this draft..he could be the next Ryan Millar</P>

[/quote]</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Is...ks_(ice_hockey)</P>

This is the team my Dad took us too see all the time when I was a little kid. The movie "Slapshot" is supposedly based on the Long Island Ducks hockey team. Loved going to those games</P>

I hope the Islanders can turn it around but it's been a looooooooong time without much success. Plus the owner is making noise about leaving for KC or somewhere else. We don't ask formuch here , just a playoff appearance would be nice. OR how about obtaining Sid The KidCrosbyLOL is that to much to ask?</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Is...ks_(ice_hockey)</P>

This is the team my Dad took us too see all the time when I was a little kid. The movie "Slapshot" is supposedly based on the Long Island Ducks hockey team. Loved going to those games</P>

I hope the Islanders can turn it around but it's been a looooooooong time without much success. Plus the owner is making noise about leaving for KC or somewhere else. We don't ask formuch here , just a playoff appearance would be nice. OR how about obtaining Sid The KidCrosbyLOL is that to much to ask?</P>[/quote]no worries about them leaving Sec.. the Owner is using the ol' give me a stadium or i'll move tactic.. a new Owner is in need for sure.. everyteam needs a Sid the Kid, love him or hate him all he does is win..

[quote user="zimonami"]

EQ's - The earth is bubbling.</p>

We talk about Global Warming and the rise of the air's average temp.</p>

How about the average temp of the earth? One of these days I'll look it up, but I know the geologists have temps for our earth. Maybe our core temps areslightly increasing. If that's happening, it would also have an effect on our air temp... and the Global Warmingincrease might not be due to just thepollutants we put into it, but rather a combo, along with the earth Temp increasing. There are some, I know, that would ascribe the increase in earth temp as due to the increase in air temp... but, maybe not entirely.</p>[/quote]

She just might be ready to blow. I mean, the only thing left is for a volcano to erupt and cover the skies with ashes for weeks... I can't think of anything else short of an asteroid...

It could very well just be Earth doing it's thing, stretching, heating up, cooling down, whatever, I honestly don't think we as humans can grasp and understand the full nature of this planet and its process.

We are definitley polluting the air, that's for sure, have you ever seen those maps of all the planes in the sky at the same time? That along with cars which are 100x more, plus ships and subs in the oceans....practically everything mobile we have have pollutes!!

Now I'm not one to jump on the Global Warming thing, I think you guys know where I stand on that. I just think mother earth would rather prefer us use cleaner energy sources...

Then if the earth still warms, those global warming freaks can blame something else, like too many humans on earth breathing out carbon dioxide...

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

Ahem, its Halladay []</p>

AG you are wrong my freind, historically the Jays and TO teams as a matter of fact start out like crap and start playing well closer to the end of season when there is no pressure, due to being eliminated from any playoff race after the first week [:@]</p>

now these Jays for the past 2 seasons are starting a new trend.. out of the gates quick but the results arethe same lol</p>[/quote]

I have a short memory. I just remember lately the Jays have come out of the gate fast. Also don't forget about the Rays. At least you can use the next couple of years as an excuse for rebuilding, but I'm not sure how many times you can say that before the fans cry foul...

What's up with those two guys who show up at the game wearing the umpire outfits....are they still around? LOL...