Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"]So what's the latest news today? Any new EQ's or volcano eruptions?

Actually I should not joke, I'm sure something is going to happen any day now....
    [/quote]</P>

The British are using their Navy to bring back some oftheir citizens.....from Spain I think. Have not heard a word about the USA doing the same. Military are flying back to the USA directly from Afghanistan. No flights into Germany</P>

More eruptions from the volcano</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="zimonami"]SEC - you may already know this, but flight restrictions have been lifted over Northern Ireland and Scotland. They should know what there arrangements will be before long.[/quote]</P>

My daughter and her boyfriend had their Saturday [April 17th] morningflight cancelled while they were at the Dublin Airport about an hour before the depature time. She was all setand wanted to come home. The Airline bused them to Belfast and rescheduled them for this Wednesday. So were hoping and praying. Shes worried about her college classes at Stony Brook and her part time job at Starbucks. Her professors emailed her back and told her not to worry. They will work it out. They found a hotel in Belfast which we took careof. So at least we don't have to worry about them sitting in an airport. Her boyfriend has a great job which he is worried about. Been very stressful the last few days for my wife and I. Not to mention my other kids. Spending a little time on the MB just to get my mind off of things</P>

[/quote]</P>

things should be easing... they'll make it just fine... late, but healthy. And, I would hope their employers have a heart. </P>

Rest easy, Papa SEC... she'll be fine... and he along with her.</P>

I understand your angst, and agree that getting onto the MB's for a while each day becomes your break from reality, and a chance to rest the brain... it was for me.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Thanks Z..................late is the word ...their flight was cancelled for tomorrow. Now they are booked for a week from this Thursday. Very frustrating. However , if waiting is the best and safestchoice , we will have to deal with it. Thanks again</P>

[/quote]</P>

Wow, that's a heck of a delay. By then they'll know every brick in Belfast. </P>

If you knew from the start that the delay was going to be that long you could probably find an ocean liner, or any slow boat,that would get you back quicker.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

Wow, that's a heck of a delay. By then they'll know every brick in Belfast. </p>

If you knew from the start that the delay was going to be that long you could probably find an ocean liner, or any slow boat,that would get you back quicker.</p>[/quote]

that sounds like a good idea. What about the red cross? Do they only have that one ship or do they have multiple ships that they can transport people with?

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="zimonami"]SEC - you may already know this, but flight restrictions have been lifted over Northern Ireland and Scotland. They should know what there arrangements will be before long.[/quote]</P>

My daughter and her boyfriend had their Saturday [April 17th] morningflight cancelled while they were at the Dublin Airport about an hour before the depature time. She was all setand wanted to come home. The Airline bused them to Belfast and rescheduled them for this Wednesday. So were hoping and praying. Shes worried about her college classes at Stony Brook and her part time job at Starbucks. Her professors emailed her back and told her not to worry. They will work it out. They found a hotel in Belfast which we took careof. So at least we don't have to worry about them sitting in an airport. Her boyfriend has a great job which he is worried about. Been very stressful the last few days for my wife and I. Not to mention my other kids. Spending a little time on the MB just to get my mind off of things</P>

[/quote]</P>

things should be easing... they'll make it just fine... late, but healthy. And, I would hope their employers have a heart. </P>

Rest easy, Papa SEC... she'll be fine... and he along with her.</P>

I understand your angst, and agree that getting onto the MB's for a while each day becomes your break from reality, and a chance to rest the brain... it was for me.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Thanks Z..................late is the word ...their flight was cancelled for tomorrow. Now they are booked for a week from this Thursday. Very frustrating. However , if waiting is the best and safestchoice , we will have to deal with it. Thanks again</P>

[/quote]</P>

Wow, that's a heck of a delay. By then they'll know every brick in Belfast. </P>

If you knew from the start that the delay was going to be that long you could probably find an ocean liner, or any slow boat,that would get you back quicker.</P>

[/quote]</P>

We sent them back to Dublin for the hotel. They arrived this morning. Things are working out for now..........even kidded them about getting jobs over thereto lighten the mood[]</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

that sounds like a good idea. What about the red cross? Do they only have that one ship or do they have multiple ships that they can transport people with?
    [/quote]</P>

Thats a good question..........have not heard much about the "Red Cross" jumping into this mess helping those stranded without financial resources to help themselves. I'm certain there's many who could use assistance</P>

</P>

Whats good ole John Daly been up to lately?..................have'nt heard much from him recently. He looks happy!!!</P>

All-Pro

hello Mr 105, how are you sir..</P>

if you haven't already, read John Daly's "my life in and out of the rough" excellent read </P>

hear about that moron who brought a gun to the pot smoke gathering downtown Toronto yesterday?

now it's going to be a cop fest for several years

tried to find a video of JD signing All my ex's wear Rolex's - but came up empty

new bangcartoon - haven't watched it yet

http://bangcartoon.com/2010/tradewinds.htm