Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]this draft straight sucks....Reese has let me down majorly.

maybe we will see a clean house at season's end?

the boys, birds and skins all made obvious upgrades. Did we?

we got tons of Safeties and D-Ends but did NOTHING to improve our LB Corps of soft Toilet Paper....what a load of crap.

boo, Reese, boo
    [/quote]</P>

I understand completely, GY76... I desperately wanted a stud LB. I don't understand, but I have to believe that the Giant's are also aware of our poor LB situation... I'll hope that they have a plan and that this will all be OK come September. Right now our best 2 LB's are, hopefully Boley and Sintim, are really unknowns. We don't know for sure that they are going to be what we hope for. Blackburn and Goff are OK.</P>

After years of being spoiled with great Linebacking, this is about the worst we've had since the... well, forever. Realize that our 4th best LB in '86, Reasons, would be far and away our best on today's squad. </P>

I keep hoping that the brass knows what they're doing, and that I shouldn't complain, or worry. I've read that they believe Boley can be that guy to be the anchor, and to bring the 'tude... but, we just don't know that for sure, and we still need a stud MLB, even if Boley does great. Even LT needed a Harry.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]this draft straight sucks....Reese has let me down majorly.

we got tons of Safeties and D-Ends but did NOTHING to improve our LB Corps of soft Toilet Paper....what a load of crap.

boo, Reese, boo
    [/quote]</p>

I understand completely, GY76... I desperately wanted a stud LB. I don't understand, but I have to believe that the Giant's are also aware of our poor LB situation... I'll hope that they have a plan and that this will all be OK come September. Right now our best 2 LB's are, hopefully Boley and Sintim, are really unknowns. We don't know for sure that they are going to be what we hope for. Blackburn and Goff are OK.</p>

After years of being spoiled with great Linebacking, this is about the worst we've had since the... well, forever. Realize that our 4th best LB in '86, Reasons, would be far and away our best on today's squad. </p>

I keep hoping that the brass knows what they're doing, and that I shouldn't complain, or worry. I've read that they believe Boley can be that guy to be the anchor, and to bring the 'tude... but, we just don't know that for sure, and we still need a stud MLB, even if Boley does great. Even LT needed a Harry.</p>[/quote]

thanks Zim, i had a knee-jerk reaction is all.
    In retrospect we know that Reese and Company have demonstrated a unwillingness to go after the "big names" be they established Pros or Draftees.

in general the Scouts and he tend to pick up solid players. But i do mean to say that I am tired of experiments though.

I rather see a LB get drafted to play LB instead of a DE converted to LB; I hope Boley and Sintim will be healthy and battle-ready respectively this season. And this is not to say that we don't see a LB picked up today or traded for.

I understand the S pick since we don't know if KP will really return 100% or not. Just thought that "there" was where we should have got the next best available LB

On the whole I thought our D stunk badly on all levels, but I'm guessing the Pass rush, the lack of it was the most major thing on the minds of Ownership and management.

But we get killed regularly on the 2nd level, (Celek, Witten and Cooley have generally hurt us bad when they get beyond our Backers and have to smack on of the DBs)

Here's hoping to a healthy backfield and reliable Eli and the WR corps.

Here's hoping to a Fewell led Defensive Unit that understands Esprit D'Corps and pride in one's Team well enough to play with intensity and fire this upcoming season.

sorry so long

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]heeeeeeelloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

So what are everyone's thought's on our 1st rd pick?
    [/quote]

holy cow, who is this??? [:P]

[quote user="bansaw"]WOOOOO to opening up off shore drilling

they should take Palin and the rest of them that pressured that bill and dump them in that oil slick imo

[/quote]</P>

What a mess in the Gulf of Mexico............a mile under the sea and they don't even know if they can turn the flow of oil off</P>

Went to the New Stadium yesterday..................gonna take some getting used to after the all the Years @ Giants Stadium. It was cold and rainy which did not make those newseat colors look any better lol

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bansaw"]WOOOOO to opening up off shore drilling

they should take Palin and the rest of them that pressured that bill and dump them in that oil slick imo

[/quote]</p>

What a mess in the Gulf of Mexico............a mile under the sea and they don't even know if they can turn the flow of oil off</p>[/quote]crap ...

thats going to be horrible when its all said and done

[quote user="zimonami"]

boo, Reese, boo
    [/quote]</P>

I understand completely, GY76... I desperately wanted a stud LB.* I don't understand, but I have to believe that the Giant's are also aware of our poor LB situation... I'll hope that they have a plan and that this will all be OK come September. Right now our best 2 LB's are, hopefully Boley and Sintim, are really unknowns.* We don't know for sure that they are going to be what we hope for.* Blackburn and Goff are OK.</P>

.* Realize that our 4th best LB in '86, Reasons, would be far and away our best on today's squad. </P>

</P>[/quote]

Sad but soo very true Zim

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="SEC105"]Went to the New Stadium yesterday..................gonna take some getting used to after the all the Years @ Giants Stadium. It was cold and rainy which did not make those newseat colors look any better lol[/quote]

A friend of mine went on Saturday to check out his new seats. I guess when anything is "new" it's nice. But is it me or does the stadium look too "grey"?

Where's the personality? The seats are grey and neither the giants or jets colors are grey!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]Went to the New Stadium yesterday..................gonna take some getting used to after the all the Years @ Giants Stadium. It was cold and rainy which did not make those newseat colors look any better lol[/quote]

A friend of mine went on Saturday to check out his new seats. I guess when anything is "new" it's nice. But is it me or does the stadium look too "grey"?

Where's the personality? The seats are grey and neither the giants or jets colors are grey!
    [/quote]</P>

I always fell asleep in B&amp;W movies. I hope I don't fall asleep with all the grey. Dull, boring, lifeless. Now, I know it would have been awful to have blue and green seats together, but a better color would have been nice. I guess the Jets didn'r want red, our minor color. White is out of the question. How about Teal... isn't that a blue green?</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]Went to the New Stadium yesterday..................gonna take some getting used to after the all the Years @ Giants Stadium. It was cold and rainy which did not make those newseat colors look any better lol[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I always fell asleep in B&amp;W movies. I hope I don't fall asleep with all the grey. Dull, boring, lifeless. Now, I know it would have been awful to have blue and green seats together, but a better color would have been nice. I guess the Jets didn'r want red, our minor color. White is out of the question. How about Teal... isn't that a blue green?</P>

[/quote]</P>

There was no one really in the seats when I went Sunday. So I guess with all the Giant Fan Blue sitting in them [or standing and yelling] it will make big difference. I hope anyway. MB Poster JintFan 73 has a thread on what the stadium will look like once the Giant colors added...a big plus</P>

What really struck me.........my seats are almost in the same row as old stadium , yet they seem to be closer to field than I was @ Giants Stadium. I realized after walking to the edge of the Stadium the field lines are very close to wall. Something like the new"Dog Pound" in Cleveland. Opposing teams better have their silent snap count well rehearsed if they are pinned inside the 10. The Fans are right there with them</P>