All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Whether you like or hate the Yankees, you have to give props to them, their NEW stadium is still the same name, they did not sell out and there's Yankees history all over that stadium.

The Mets new Citi-field? Not so....you'd wonder what team is playing at that stadium it's so neutral...

Let's face it, the stadium may be nice, I have yet to see it, but "Giants stadium" is in the past now. We now belong to a neutral stadium, the best we can do is win as many championships so that Jets fans don't try to say it's their house....
    [/quote]ohhh its definitely hate [:P][/quote]</P>

</P>

what's not to like? He hustled when hecrossed over the pitchers mound on his way back to first base last weeklol</P>[/quote]lol.. i wish i woulda saw that.. thats funny

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Whether you like or hate the Yankees, you have to give props to them, their NEW stadium is still the same name, they did not sell out and there's Yankees history all over that stadium.

The Mets new Citi-field? Not so....you'd wonder what team is playing at that stadium it's so neutral...

Let's face it, the stadium may be nice, I have yet to see it, but "Giants stadium" is in the past now. We now belong to a neutral stadium, the best we can do is win as many championships so that Jets fans don't try to say it's their house....

</P>

what's not to like? He hustled when hecrossed over the pitchers mound on his way back to first base last weeklol</P>

[/quote]lol.. i wish i woulda saw that.. thats funny[/quote]</P>

I'm glad that kid pitcher had the guts to call him out on it.....unwritten rule.....but still</P>

He just has that way of pissing everybody off. Always has always will</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

</P>

what's not to like? He hustled when hecrossed over the pitchers mound on his way back to first base last weeklol</P>

[/quote]lol.. i wish i woulda saw that.. thats funny[/quote]</P>

I'm glad that kid pitcher had the guts to call him out on it.....unwritten rule.....but still</P>

[/quote]looking forward to the Yanks coming to town, its always a good time even though the results for the Jays ain't so good lol</P>

</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

I'm glad that kid pitcher had the guts to call him out on it.....unwritten rule.....but still</p>

He just has that way of pissing everybody off. Always has always will</p>[/quote]

Haven't had time to watch the Yanks lately, can someone chime me in on what happened here?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

Haven't had time to watch the Yanks lately, can someone chime me in on what happened here?
    [/quote]</P>

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/sp...23yankees.html</P>

Basically it's thumbing your nose at the pitcher............can be concieved as confrontational in the pitchers eyes. Don't see it to much but we are talking about Arod here. He pulled the yelling @ the 3rd base man fielding a popupfor Toronto? a while back. I'm Yankees Fan but I just can't put him in the same sentence as Jeter , Bernie , Tino ,O'Neil etc.</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

I'm glad that kid pitcher had the guts to call him out on it.....unwritten rule.....but still</p>

He just has that way of pissing everybody off. Always has always will</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/sp...23yankees.html</p>

Basically it's thumbing your nose at the pitcher............can be concieved as confrontational in the pitchers eyes. Don't see it to much but we are talking about Arod here. He pulled the yelling @ the 3rd base man fielding a popupfor Toronto? a while back. I'm Yankees Fan but I just can't put him in the same sentence as Jeter , Bernie , Tino ,O'Neil etc.</p>[/quote]

Thanks, just read it.... yeah I don't know, you have to take the good with the bad with A-Rod. I've had my issues with him as well and expressed them here on the Yankees thread. This game is a game of respect and that needs to be preserved....

I'd have to side on the A's on this one....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Basically it's thumbing your nose at the pitcher............can be concieved as confrontational in the pitchers eyes. Don't see it to much but we are talking about Arod here. He pulled the yelling @ the 3rd base man fielding a popupfor Toronto? a while back. I'm Yankees Fan but I just can't put him in the same sentence as Jeter , Bernie , Tino ,O'Neil etc.</P>

[/quote]

Thanks, just read it.... yeah I don't know, you have to take the good with the bad with A-Rod. I've had my issues with him as well and expressed them here on the Yankees thread. This game is a game of respect and that needs to be preserved....

[/quote]</P>

I agree. It is a game of respect and of unwritten rules that havepersevered since it's inception in the last century. There's room for stretching the rules [Casey Stengle "if you ain't cheatin you ain't trying"] but that's the accepted part of the game. Just the way it is and certain things are off limits. I just find it hard to believe he no clue on what he was doing. He should have known just for the fact showing up a player [ ie watching your HR sail into stands is not accepted] and you might just expect some sort of payback next AB</P>

imo the Oakland kid pitcher stood his ground. Good for him</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Basically it's thumbing your nose at the pitcher............can be concieved as confrontational in the pitchers eyes. Don't see it to much but we are talking about Arod here. He pulled the yelling @ the 3rd base man fielding a popupfor Toronto? a while back. I'm Yankees Fan but I just can't put him in the same sentence as Jeter , Bernie , Tino ,O'Neil etc.</P>[/quote]i'm pretty sure what ARod did in TO was the start of all the "beaning" ,and the 2 bench clearing brawls, thats been going on the last few years between the Yanks and Jays

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

He just has that way of pissing everybody off. Always has always will</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/sp...23yankees.html</p>

Basically it's thumbing your nose at the pitcher............can be concieved as confrontational in the pitchers eyes. Don't see it to much but we are talking about Arod here. He pulled the yelling @ the 3rd base man fielding a popupfor Toronto? a while back. I'm Yankees Fan but I just can't put him in the same sentence as Jeter , Bernie , Tino ,O'Neil etc.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I agree. It is a game of respect and of unwritten rules that havepersevered since it's inception in the last century. There's room for stretching the rules [Casey Stengle "if you ain't cheatin you ain't trying"] but that's the accepted part of the game. Just the way it is and certain things are off limits. I just find it hard to believe he no clue on what he was doing. He should have known just for the fact showing up a player [ ie watching your HR sail into stands is not accepted] and you might just expect some sort of payback next AB</p>

imo the Oakland kid pitcher stood his ground. Good for him</p>[/quote]

You're right and that's what Alfonso Soriano was good at, admiring his own HR's I remembered that when he was a Yankee......Cano kinda has a tendancy to do that but at least he start to jog towards 1st base...... baseball just isn't a game like b-ball or football where you have these constant tauntings....I know pitchers have their ways of taunting too but overall, if this game turns into WWE and every player is flashy then it's over....

When Arod does things like this, it adds more to the legend of Jeter... and why Arod isn't in the same league...

[quote user="bandwgn86"]i'm pretty sure what ARod did in TO was the start of all the "beaning" ,and the 2 bench clearing brawls, thats been going on the last few years between the Yanks and Jays[/quote]

Behind the scenes I think Arod is a punk. He's aware enough to speak well and say the right things but sometimes you just vibrate the wrong energy. When he does things like this, that's when the punk comes out, you can only hide it so much...

Remember when he tried to swipe the ball out of the glove at 1st base? I forget who it was against...

It's these little things that add up....what was the worse thing Jeter has ever done? Does anyone even know? Has he even done anything wrong on the field? I can't think of ANY!