Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]They are now talking about lowering a big box over the spill. I'm not sure this is really going to work. Didn't the entire oil rig collapse? Does anyone know how it even looks down there? They would be super lucky if there was enough room for the box to fit perfectly...

It must be pitch black in the surrounding areas with all that oil........

[/quote]</p>

They are desperate at this point. Who knows if the big steel box will work buy those guys have to try something. Talking months before a seperate well can be drilled . Exzon Valdeztype of spill as GY mentioned</p>[/quote]

It's worth a try but I don't think it's going to work. I'm sure it's damn heavy, but once it gets deep into water I bet it's going to start swaying and moving around with the sea waters....

I believe we are literally looking at history folks.....this is the worse man made disaster short of the 2 nuke bombs dropped on Japan....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]They are now talking about lowering a big box over the spill. I'm not sure this is really going to work. Didn't the entire oil rig collapse? Does anyone know how it even looks down there? They would be super lucky if there was enough room for the box to fit perfectly...

It must be pitch black in the surrounding areas with all that oil........

[/quote]</P>

They are desperate at this point. Who knows if the big steel box will work buy those guys have to try something. Talking months before a seperate well can be drilled . Exzon Valdeztype of spill as GY mentioned</P>

[/quote]</P>

It's worth a try but I don't think it's going to work. I'm sure it's damn heavy, but once it gets deep into water I bet it's going to start swaying and moving around with the sea waters....

I believe we are literally looking at history folks.....this is the worse man made disaster short of the 2 nuke bombs dropped on Japan....

[/quote]</P>

I guess I'm just ignorant of whatregulations/requirements gointo erecting a rig. It would seem to me that in order to even think of putting one up you would have to show some type of contingency plan for a "worst case" scenario, and then put that plan into action if and when a problem occurs... like, the same day. It seemed that, once this happened, everyone was baffled and sat on their hands waiting for someone to make a good recommendation.

</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

I guess I'm just ignorant of whatregulations/requirements gointo erecting a rig. It would seem to me that in order to even think of putting one up you would have to show some type of contingency plan for a "worst case" scenario, and then put that plan into action if and when a problem occurs... like, the same day. It seemed that, once this happened, everyone was baffled and sat on their hands waiting for someone to make a good recommendation.

</p>[/quote]

BP was suppose to have one, or at least a couple of fail safes. It seemed whatever plan they had failed, but they should have had more plans. How many "what if's" scenarios did they even spend time on? Apparently not very much....

I would have thought there would be some kind of deep underwater valve that in the worse worse worse case scenario would seal itself in some way.....maybe a way to detect pressure and automatically close....or some mechanical device remotely controlled to close the valve....

Sometimes you think we are ahead of the times, and then realize we're not as technological advanced as we thought...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

</P>

[/quote]

BP was suppose to have one, or at least a couple of fail safes. It seemed whatever plan they had failed, but they should have had more plans. How many "what if's" scenarios did they even spend time on? Apparently not very much....

I would have thought there would be some kind of deep underwater valve that in the worse worse worse case scenario would seal itself in some way.....maybe a way to detect pressure and automatically close....or some mechanical device remotely controlled to close the valve....

Sometimes you think we are ahead of the times, and then realize we're not as technological advanced as we thought...

[/quote]</P>

You hit the nail on the head.........I think everyone assumed there was some kind of "fail safe". Shame it takes amega disaster for this kind of situation to come to light. I hope those boxes work somewhat but I have my doubts. As mentioned already there must giant piles of debris down there</P>

Saw on TV thatBP can only be held responsible for up to75 million........if true WHAT a joke! No wonder these guys [oil companies] will talk circles around anybody who disagrees with drilling in the ocean. 75 mil is a drop in the bucket to them</P>

I think all the taser gun testing for the UnitedStates should be held in Philly. There are so many willing volunteers there lol........another fan ran on the field last night after the fan who was tased the night before.........can you say gluttons for punishment?</P>

The players were holding their gloves to their faces [laughing]as the first got tased[]</P>

I believe that cop who tased the kid was actually a Mets fan.....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Party like it's Cinco de Mayo !!

[quote user="SEC105"]

You hit the nail on the head.........I think everyone assumed there was some kind of "fail safe". Shame it takes amega disaster for this kind of situation to come to light. I hope those boxes work somewhat but I have my doubts. As mentioned already there must giant piles of debris down there</p>

Saw on TV thatBP can only be held responsible for up to75 million........if true WHAT a joke! No wonder these guys [oil companies] will talk circles around anybody who disagrees with drilling in the ocean. 75 mil is a drop in the bucket to them</p>[/quote]

$75M is PATHETIC....there is no way they can be liable just for that. Let's see how tough this WH is...they have been saying that BP is responsible for the whole clean up. They will have egg on their face if BP is only going to cover $75M.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

You hit the nail on the head.........I think everyone assumed there was some kind of "fail safe". Shame it takes amega disaster for this kind of situation to come to light. I hope those boxes work somewhat but I have my doubts. As mentioned already there must giant piles of debris down there</p>

Saw on TV thatBP can only be held responsible for up to75 million........if true WHAT a joke! No wonder these guys [oil companies] will talk circles around anybody who disagrees with drilling in the ocean. 75 mil is a drop in the bucket to them</p>[/quote]

$75M is PATHETIC....there is no way they can be liable just for that. Let's see how tough this WH is...they have been saying that BP is responsible for the whole clean up. They will have egg on their face if BP is only going to cover $75M.
    [/quote]after hearing about the MSS - agency in charge of ensuring safety is met- the place is corrupt to the bone. Them just rubber stamping everything and overlooking safety violations including not enforcing a safety valve....the U.S gov't will now have to eat a massive portion of this because the MSS ****ed up real hard

LT charged with rape
    At one point today the dow jones was down over 900 points
    Jamarcus Russell released by the raiders

What a day