Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]LT charged with rape
    At one point today the dow jones was down over 900 points
    Jamarcus Russell released by the raiders

What a day
    [/quote]</P>

Sure was QUITE a day. Lets just hope Friday gets a little better.................</P>

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

You hit the nail on the head.........I think everyone assumed there was some kind of "fail safe". Shame it takes amega disaster for this kind of situation to come to light. I hope those boxes work somewhat but I have my doubts. As mentioned already there must giant piles of debris down there</P>

Saw on TV thatBP can only be held responsible for up to75 million........if true WHAT a joke! No wonder these guys [oil companies] will talk circles around anybody who disagrees with drilling in the ocean. 75 mil is a drop in the bucket to them</P>

[/quote]

$75M is PATHETIC....there is no way they can be liable just for that. Let's see how tough this WH is...they have been saying that BP is responsible for the whole clean up. They will have egg on their face if BP is only going to cover $75M.
    [/quote]after hearing about the MSS - agency in charge of ensuring safety is met- the place is corrupt to the bone. Them just rubber stamping everything and overlooking safety violations including not enforcing a safety valve....the U.S gov't will now have to eat a massive portion of this because the MSS ****ed up real hard

[/quote]</P>

BP, the US Gov't... whoever eats the bill will be sorted out someday. What I'm thinking about are the people that will be effected... the fishing industry, and that means the public, too, who will have much higher pricing on shrimp, etc. in the future. Just another opportunity for China to increase their exports to us.</P>

Also, the people who own property along the shore... individuals, hotels, leisure activities business, boaters. It'll be messed up for years for too many. Where the Exxon valdez dumped up north, it effected wildlife and fish the most... not as much direct effect to people/homeowners or business along the shores. Not too many tourist hotels, scuba divingand water skiingalong those cold coasts.</P>

Then there's the wildlife. Unimagiunable numbers and varieties.</P>

An incredible mess, and another stain on the ledger of we humans, and how we continue to **** where we live and devastate our own home's future.</P>

Mother Nature will punish us, one way or another.</P>

</P>

First softball practice tonight !!

got my COACH golf shirt [] and we have a girl that absolutely hums the ball in, I swear it was 30-40 mph for a 12 year old throwing windmill.

you guys would have been proud of my ground ball drill hitting skills, like riding a bike

LT ...wtf

Yeah it practically happened in my back yard....I'm about 10 mins away from Suffern. I know the restaurant over there that LT always goes to....I was going to buy a condo right in that area a couple years ago...crazy!!!

[quote user="zimonami"]

BP, the US Gov't... whoever eats the bill will be sorted out someday. What I'm thinking about are the people that will be effected... the fishing industry, and that means the public, too, who will have much higher pricing on shrimp, etc. in the future. Just another opportunity for China to increase their exports to us.</p>

Also, the people who own property along the shore... individuals, hotels, leisure activities business, boaters. It'll be messed up for years for too many. Where the Exxon valdez dumped up north, it effected wildlife and fish the most... not as much direct effect to people/homeowners or business along the shores. Not too many tourist hotels, scuba divingand water skiingalong those cold coasts.</p>

Then there's the wildlife. Unimagiunable numbers and varieties.</p>

An incredible mess, and another stain on the ledger of we humans, and how we continue to **** where we live and devastate our own home's future.</p>

Mother Nature will punish us, one way or another.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Yes, the after effects are the real storm. Just like 911, this oil spill is the shock and awe. We will soon find out the domino effect of how bad it is...just like all the 1st responders on 911 turned out to get cancer or some kind of illness later on..

The economy down there is going to be dead. Forget the beaches, no one is going to get sun tan laying on sand that is mixed with oil, let alone even swim around there...

All the local economies are going to suffer even if it isn't directly related to fishing....just the lack of tourism is going to affect other businesses....

This is a huge mess no pun intended...

So the "cap" has made its way there, let's see how useful it is....

And you are right, all the other countries like Vietnam, China, they will be able to export their fish and crazy rates....once again, our business HAS to go overseas....even when we want to support our local economy, we can't!!

[quote user="bansaw"]Party like it's Cinco de Mayo !!

[/quote]</P>

All is calm. No chatter.</P>

I can only say, I wouldn't want to know that kid in 10 years. </P>

Scary potential.</P>

Well, look at that, apparently that cap is a dud....I could have told them that...

Back to the drawing board Mr. Oil guys.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Well, look at that, apparently that cap is a dud....I could have told them that...

[/quote]oh no ...

this is terrible

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Well, look at that, apparently that cap is a dud....I could have told them that...

[/quote]oh no ...

this is terrible

[/quote]

There was someone, I think an army corp engineer who said that it might take 2 years to come up with a solution. BP says it would at the very least take 90 days to get some kind of rig up to relieve the pressure...

In any event, even with the probability of success at 90 days, it's just too long and too late....

I think everyone is scratching their heads at this point....we got too used to movies where there was a hero who figured something out last minute...we didn't have that on 911, and we don't have one now....