Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="SEC105"]So tonight I expect to get a big dose of "we have to end our dependence on oil" from President Obama on his TV speech. To bad we did not start 30 years ago when President Carter pushed for it. Is there really going to be a push in this country to finally get this gorrilla [oil] off our back? I ,for one, would not mind it at all[/quote]

we've known about bio-diesel since the late 60's.....but Big Oil did all it could to squash that.

i really hate politics.
    [/quote]

The speech has come and gone. And nothing will change. It's just another speech.

I am all for moving away from oil if the alternative is equal or better.The problem is that oil provides us with the status quo, we haven't found anything yet that will still give us status quo and replace oil.....

[quote user="bansaw"]got addicted to that new game Red Dead Redemption at my buddies house.

game is so good you forget about the oil and war. just get to Tall Pines and hunt them Grizzly...**** will blow your mind it's so good

[/quote]

lol I never heard of it, but I believe you. Some games are just done right and you can play them for hours. I downloaded the Split Second demo which is a pretty cool racing game. The graphics are amazing....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]finally unlocked my last Kit and Rifle as a sniper in bad company 2.....all weapons and kits.

online is nutty.
    [/quote]

Dude I didn't know you play that game? I'm an avid player of Battlefield 1942.

I haven't tried the new bad company game yet.....I like the retro feel of 1942....
    [/quote]

before the Army i was a FPS nut....Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein etc....

probably influenced my joining anyway.....

FPS games and my love for Westerns and old school war movies (The Big Red One, Dirty 12 etc)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

AG, I have a question for you if you have a second. I'm going to send you a private message.

Btw hey everyone.

Veteran

I am a NEW YORK resident now in the flesh. Trying to take over the sports world, one article and contract at a time.

Hit me up GMan familia!

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]finally unlocked my last Kit and Rifle as a sniper in bad company 2.....all weapons and kits.

online is nutty.
    [/quote]

I haven't tried the new bad company game yet.....I like the retro feel of 1942....
    [/quote]

FPS games and my love for Westerns and old school war movies (The Big Red One, Dirty 12 etc)
    [/quote]

Oh trust me, I've been there done that. Played FPS since the first Doom came out. It changed everything. Well actually Wolfenstein like you mentioned started it all, then Doom came along. Back then we didn't have the computer horsepower that we do now, but those games are LEGENDS!
    They've changed everything. I played a little bit of Quake too but not as much, I think I was more of a Doom guy.

Those were the days though, I haven't played them in years but they are very nostalgic to me...

I only play the demo for Killzone 2, but that's a very impressive game. Dice is coming out with a new Frostbite engine, so I can't wait to see how their newer games are going to look and play...

I'm going to get my hands on Bad Company 2 eventually....it looks very very impressive, and that is only with Frostbite engine 1.5......wait until Frostbite Engine 2.0.

They have a feature called bulletdrop or something like that, so you have to take into account many things in order to be accurate...

[quote user="Bleu"]I am a NEW YORK resident now in the flesh. Trying to take over the sports world, one article and contract at a time.

Hit me up GMan familia![/quote]

Welcome back to the boards and NY!!

I responded back....

[quote user="Bleu"]I am a NEW YORK resident now in the flesh. Trying to take over the sports world, one article and contract at a time.

Hit me up GMan familia![/quote]

I am so jealous of you....i wish i was still home. you in the City or one of the Boroughs?

welcome to the greatest City on earth bar none.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]finally unlocked my last Kit and Rifle as a sniper in bad company 2.....all weapons and kits.

online is nutty.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh trust me, I've been there done that. Played FPS since the first Doom came out. It changed everything. Well actually Wolfenstein like you mentioned started it all, then Doom came along. Back then we didn't have the computer horsepower that we do now, but those games are LEGENDS!
    They've changed everything. I played a little bit of Quake too but not as much, I think I was more of a Doom guy.

Those were the days though, I haven't played them in years but they are very nostalgic to me...

I only play the demo for Killzone 2, but that's a very impressive game. Dice is coming out with a new Frostbite engine, so I can't wait to see how their newer games are going to look and play...

I'm going to get my hands on Bad Company 2 eventually....it looks very very impressive, and that is only with Frostbite engine 1.5......wait until Frostbite Engine 2.0.

They have a feature called bulletdrop or something like that, so you have to take into account many things in order to be accurate...

[/quote]

yeah you must be on the PC, I'm PS3...but yea you have to tweak everything based on your graphics card, processor etc.

but somehow I get the feeling you know this and more already []

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

yeah you must be on the PC, I'm PS3...but yea you have to tweak everything based on your graphics card, processor etc.

but somehow I get the feeling you know this and more already []
    [/quote]

Oh I think my PC gaming days are over. I'm on PS3 now. Eventhough using a mouse and keyboard I think is 1000% better than using a controller. I just don't have the time or money to build a gaming PC to handle today's games.

You're right though, I think the next version of Dice's engine might be on PC only, not actually sure that is all about. The PS3 is suppose to b e 10x better than anything you can build on PC....