Re: Asian giant for HC

Who is getting married? Going to Canada?

Hello!

[quote user="SEC105"]
    My neighbor and his wife had a hassle coming
    back into the U.S. recently from Canada. I have not been through it in
    years [way before 9/11]. Thought you just needed something on your
    license ...............or is it better to just have your passport?
    AG.........I may be going to the Titans game @ Giants Stadium. Will know some time next week
    [/quote]

At this point, you need a passport if you want a smooth process. You can also get the enhanced drivers license which would be just as good and probably easier than carrying around your passport.

Back in the days it wasn't really that hard, but forget it now. If you are a minority you will get harrassed much more, but I'm not complaining about that, it is what it is. Just have paperwork and you'll be fine.

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Who is getting married? Going to Canada?

Hello![/quote]

Oh, so you are alive? Check your inbox...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]
    My neighbor and his wife had a hassle coming back into the U.S. recently from Canada. I have not been through it in years [way before 9/11]. Thought you just needed something on your license ...............or is it better to just have your passport?
    AG.........I may be going to the Titans game @ Giants Stadium. Will know some time next week
    [/quote]

At this point, you need a passport if you want a smooth process. You can also get the enhanced drivers license which would be just as good and probably easier than carrying around your passport.

Back in the days it wasn't really that hard, but forget it now. If you are a minority you will get harrassed much more, but I'm not complaining about that, it is what it is. Just have paperwork and you'll be fine.

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Who is getting married? Going to Canada? Hello![/quote]

Oh, so you are alive? Check your inbox...

[/quote]</P>

I first drove in to Canada in 1965 at the Thousand Island's bridge. It was - pay your toll and cya - and it stayed like that for many years, and your Drivers License and a 2nd form of ID was all you needed. That changed in'79, '80, when I was detained at the airport in Ontario for about an hour because I didn't have a birth certificate or Passport... but, I got in. Sadly, that was my last trip across the border, so I don't know what the hassles are now, but they can make life difficult for you if you're not in compliance with their needs.</P>

Yeah, Bandy, Giant stadium is just a stones throw south of Buffalo...lol. Can we send a map to your wife so she can see for herself? We can make it a small map so that the line from Buffalo to the Meadowlands is only about an inch long. "See, Hon, just an inch away."</P>

Well you can always tell her Ralph stadium is the meadowlands...it's got the same colors sort of as the Giants. LOL...

Back to the border crossing, I'll make it short, but here's how messed up it was for me. I was in the back seat with a friend who happened to be blonde. Well, the agent asked me my citizenship and I said U.S.
    Meanwhile, this chick is passed out and didn't even bother to wake up!!!
    The guy looks at me again and asks me again my citizenship and I was like uhhh? Hello? You didn't even bother asking her?? Suffice it to say, he never did ask her and she never woke up...yet I had to explain myself twice!!!
    And this was during one crossing, I was harrassed again when we crossed the border a couple days later....

This was before 9/11....so you can only imagine now you better have documentation!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Well you can always tell her Ralph stadium is the meadowlands...it's got the same colors sort of as the Giants. LOL...

Back to the border crossing, I'll make it short, but here's how messed up it was for me. I was in the back seat with a friend who happened to be blonde. Well, the agent asked me my citizenship and I said U.S.
    Meanwhile, this chick is passed out and didn't even bother to wake up!!!
    The guy looks at me again and asks me again my citizenship and I was like uhhh? Hello? You didn't even bother asking her?? Suffice it to say, he never did ask her and she never woke up...yet I had to explain myself twice!!!
    And this was during one crossing, I was harrassed again when we crossed the border a couple days later....

This was before 9/11....so you can only imagine now you better have documentation!!!
    [/quote]only time i've ever get attitude is going into the US.. i'm not saying nothing i'm just saying lol</P>

</P>

<font color="#0000ff" size="5">AY YO !!!!!</font>

giantyankee1976 = BigBlue76 on the new boards.

friend me, or else [:|]

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

What's up with the new boards? Do we keep our old name or start from scratch?

Hope everyone is doing well!

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]What's up with the new boards? Do we keep our old name or start from scratch?

Hope everyone is doing well![/quote]

as of now your current name will not port to the new system.

so yes, you have to "start over".

and Hi by the way. All of us here have been wondering about you and how you are doing?

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]What's up with the new boards? Do we keep our old name or start from scratch? Hope everyone is doing well![/quote]

<FONT color=#0000ff>as of now your current name will not port to the new system.

</FONT>

and Hi by the way. All of us here have been wondering about you and how you are doing?
    [/quote]unless you're Canadian from Ontario [:@]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]What's up with the new boards? Do we keep our old name or start from scratch? Hope everyone is doing well![/quote]

<font color="#0000ff">as of now your current name will not port to the new system.

</font>

[/quote]unless you're Canadian from Ontario [:@][/quote]

....just claim Ohio and move on man....[]