All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone here watch America, the Story about us? Interesting series.....They had a marathon yesterday that I missed..... It was such a different America back in the days....
    [/quote]was Mike Moore involved in making it? i'd buy that if he waslol[/quote]

Too much historical pride and capitalism for mike moore to have made this series...

besides, he would have fainted at the part where he had to cover the great depression....just thinking about soup lines and <FONT color=#0000ff>lack of food would have made him faint....
    </FONT>
    [:P]
    [/quote]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]</P>

Us lads stole it?</P>

did not we earn it? []</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]i will not be swayed by your powers of pursuasion mr 105.. []</P>

</P>

PS its winter.. someone should tell her to pack on a few more pounds</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-2oTR4Nq3A</P>

The Jets should have fired this coach first thing this morning imo.....what do think?</P>

[/quote]

I felt really bad for that dolphins player. I think the Jets should have fired him too.....it's beyond despicable.....and in the locker room, what it does it promote cheap shots.....

They should have swiftly let him go and send a message....
    [/quote]</P>

Can't think of an NFL coach ever doing something like that to player on the field</P>

I recall college coach Woody {Ohio State} Hayes punching an opposingplayer who had intercepted on the sidelines.....on National TV OS fired Hayes soon after....maybe the next day</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Anyone here watch America, the Story about us? Interesting series.....They had a marathon yesterday that I missed..... It was such a different America back in the days....
    [/quote]was Mike Moore involved in making it? i'd buy that if he waslol[/quote]

Too much historical pride and capitalism for mike moore to have made this series...

besides, he would have fainted at the part where he had to cover the great depression....just thinking about soup lines and <FONT color=#0000ff>lack of food would have made him faint....
    </FONT>
    [:P]
    [/quote]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]</P>

Us lads stole it?</P>

did not we earn it? []</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]i will not be swayed by your powers of pursuasion mr 105.. []</P>

</P>

PS its winter.. someone should tell her to pack on a few more pounds</P>

[/quote]</P>

This enough pounds? lol not that I'm trying to sway ya Bandy </P>

</P>

All-Pro

ha! thatsbetter Sec.. but can we photoshop the boobs in the first pic into this one []..lol

[quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

Here's a good question for you, and respond fairly....

1) If you go to foreign countries and you ask them who is an American, will they say it's the United States, Mexico or Canada?

2) Since you are up in Canada, technically you are American, do you call yourself American?

3) When you look at Mexico and speak and think about Mexicans, do you think of them as Americans?

Because technically we are all Americans. But IMO, it is only the United States that reflect who is American. Not to be arrogant and "steal" the name American, it just seems that the global "culture" refers only to the USA as Americans...

Now why is that?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

Here's a good question for you, and respond fairly....

1) If you go to foreign countries and you ask them who is an American, will they say it's the United States, Mexico or Canada?

2) Since you are up in Canada, technically you are American, do you call yourself American?

3) When you look at Mexico and speak and think about Mexicans, do you think of them as Americans?

Because technically we are all Americans. But IMO, it is only the United States that reflect who is American. Not to be arrogant and "steal" the name American, it just seems that the global "culture" refers only to the USA as Americans...

Now why is that?
    [/quote]</P>

AG,,, this is why this is your thread. You've asked some excellent thought provoking questions here.</P>

I think, unfortunately, that you are right. probably 80+% of the world doesn't realize that Canada and Mexico are also Americans... and, we 3 countries are North Americans. I'll bet more than 50% os USA folks would say Mexico isin South Americaf</P>

I think it boils down to a very simple thing... we have always called ourselves the United States of America. No one calls Canadians, "Canada of America", or Canadian Americans... and, exactly the same with Mexico. Mexico of America? Mexican Americans? Mexican Americans, according to most in the USA, are those living within our borders... legally or illegally.</P>

We all have the right to call ourselves Americans... but, it seems that only those from the US say we are Americans.</P>

To my fellow American, Bandwagon... I agree with you on her need for a few more pounds...lol... and agree her chest needs to be swapped with the gal below her.</P>

</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

I'll bet more than 50% os USA folks would say Mexico isin South America

</p>[/quote]

ha! I had to laugh here. So true, we can set man on the moon, and rovers on Mars, but it's a crapshoot when you ask an American where Mexico is!!! I'm sure many would totally agree with it being in South America unfortunately. It's not really fair to say we are self absorbed, but just that our needs don't go outside of our circle of friends. And with our school system beyond disgrace, don't expect our education to get better.

Glad you liked my little questionnaire to our fellow Canadian "American".....it would be good to get his POV.....

I think you did nail it though, the fact that our country name has America in it, it has sub consciously stolen the name from our neighboring countries.....

Africa has every chance to be U.S.A if you think about it....[]

Veteran

You are all aware I hope that there are more countries in North America than just Canada, Mexico and the US right? Furthermore, you are also aware that everything in South America and the islands are also the "Americas" and claim as such to be Americans?

[quote user="jmike"]You are all aware I hope that there are more countries in North America than just Canada, Mexico and the US right? Furthermore, you are also aware that everything in South America and the islands are also the "Americas" and claim as such to be Americans?
    [/quote]</P>

I am humbled. Yes, jmike... there are 23 countries and 19 territorial Countries (e.g. Puerto Rico, Bermuda). I was only focused on our neighbors immediately north and south, and they are the 3 largest. If people think Mexico is in South America, then they naturally think the countries south of them are, too.</P>

Veteran

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]You are all aware I hope that there are more countries in North America than just Canada, Mexico and the US right? Furthermore, you are also aware that everything in South America and the islands are also the "Americas" and claim as such to be Americans?
    [/quote]</p>

I am humbled. Yes, jmike... there are 23 countries and 19 territorial Countries (e.g. Puerto Rico, Bermuda). I was only focused on our neighbors immediately north and south, and they are the 3 largest. If people think Mexico is in South America, then they naturally think the countries south of them are, too.</p>[/quote]

OK, good, just checking, I was worried there for a second.