All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

Here's a good question for you, and respond fairly....

1) If you go to foreign countries and you ask them who is an American, will they say it's the United States, Mexico or Canada?

2) Since you are up in Canada, technically you are American, do you call yourself American?

3) When you look at Mexico and speak and think about Mexicans, do you think of them as Americans?

Because technically we are all Americans. But IMO, it is only the United States that reflect who is American. Not to be arrogant and "steal" the name American, it just seems that the global "culture" refers only to the USA as Americans...

Now why is that?
    [/quote]i have no idea what you are askin[:$], can we go back to talking about the 2 hotties Sec posted []lol

Veteran

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

1) If you go to foreign countries and you ask them who is an American, will they say it's the United States, Mexico or Canada?

2) Since you are up in Canada, technically you are American, do you call yourself American?

3) When you look at Mexico and speak and think about Mexicans, do you think of them as Americans?

Because technically we are all Americans. But IMO, it is only the United States that reflect who is American. Not to be arrogant and "steal" the name American, it just seems that the global "culture" refers only to the USA as Americans...

Now why is that?
    [/quote]i have no idea what you are askin[:$], can we go back to talking about the 2 hotties Sec posted []lol[/quote]

They are doing wonderful thingswith silicone and plastics these days.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]You are all aware I hope that there are more countries in North America than just Canada, Mexico and the US right? Furthermore, you are also aware that everything in South America and the islands are also the "Americas" and claim as such to be Americans?
    [/quote]</p>

I am humbled. Yes, jmike... there are 23 countries and 19 territorial Countries (e.g. Puerto Rico, Bermuda). I was only focused on our neighbors immediately north and south, and they are the 3 largest. If people think Mexico is in South America, then they naturally think the countries south of them are, too.</p>[/quote]

OK, good, just checking, I was worried there for a second.
    [/quote]

Oh yes, why list every country? It would have made a long post. [:P]

Here's a little question someone can educate me on.

Do South Americans tell foreigners they are Americans or South Americans?

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]You are all aware I hope that there are more countries in North America than just Canada, Mexico and the US right? Furthermore, you are also aware that everything in South America and the islands are also the "Americas" and claim as such to be Americans?
    [/quote]</P>

I am humbled. Yes, jmike... there are 23 countries and 19 territorial Countries (e.g. Puerto Rico, Bermuda). I was only focused on our neighbors immediately north and south, and they are the 3 largest. If people think Mexico is in South America, then they naturally think the countries south of them are, too.</P>[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]AG, maybe its just me but you seem a little angry by this subject.. i apologize if i came across like a jackass.. just didn't know ifthe term "American" was something created in the US or as you have suggested "globally".. letsdrop it K

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

Now why is that?
    [/quote]i have no idea what you are askin[:$], can we go back to talking about the 2 hotties Sec posted []lol[/quote]

[/quote]lol indeed.. </P>

so whats shakin Jmike? ready for Christmas? you're gettin me something right.. i prefer white gold over gold..just so you know</P>

Veteran

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

Now why is that?

[/quote]lol indeed.. </p>

so whats shakin Jmike? ready for Christmas? you're gettin me something right.. i prefer white gold over gold..just so you know</p>[/quote]

I'll get you some wood wax for your silicone.

Ready for X-mas I guess. Still unsure of what I am doing. But I think we will stay home just the two of us. But we will likely go see my nephew and sister for breakfast before they go.

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</p>

I am humbled. Yes, jmike... there are 23 countries and 19 territorial Countries (e.g. Puerto Rico, Bermuda). I was only focused on our neighbors immediately north and south, and they are the 3 largest. If people think Mexico is in South America, then they naturally think the countries south of them are, too.</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]AG, maybe its just me but you seem a little angry by this subject.. i apologize if i came across like a jackass.. just didn't know ifthe term "American" was something created in the US or as you have suggested "globally".. letsdrop it K[/quote]

Absolutely not angry! I think it's an interesting topic. I am quite curious how those that live in the N. and S. America's refer to themselves.

Think about it, I am cambodian but can also refer to myself generally as "asian", because of the asian continent. Someone who is Nigerian can also refer to themselves as African.

So why does a Canadian not refer to themselves as American? Or at the very least, North American?

In no way am I trying to protect or own the "American" label for USA....

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

Now why is that?

[/quote]lol indeed.. </P>

so whats shakin Jmike? ready for Christmas? you're gettin me something right.. i prefer white gold over gold..just so you know</P>[/quote]

I'll get you some wood wax for your silicone.

Ready for X-mas I guess. Still unsure of what I am doing. <FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=4>But I think we will stay home just the two of us</FONT>.</FONT> But we will likely go see my nephew and sister for breakfast before they go.
    [/quote]sounds like a plan.... i'll just be needing your address than [:P]

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</P>

I am humbled. Yes, jmike... there are 23 countries and 19 territorial Countries (e.g. Puerto Rico, Bermuda). I was only focused on our neighbors immediately north and south, and they are the 3 largest. If people think Mexico is in South America, then they naturally think the countries south of them are, too.</P>[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]AG, maybe its just me but you seem a little angry by this subject.. i apologize if i came across like a jackass.. just didn't know ifthe term "American" was something created in the US or as you have suggested "globally".. letsdrop it K[/quote]

Absolutely not angry! I think it's an interesting topic. I am quite curious how those that live in the N. and S. America's refer to themselves.

Think about it, I am cambodian but can also refer to myself generally as "asian", because of the asian continent. Someone who is Nigerian can also refer to themselves as African.

So why does a Canadian not refer to themselves as American? Or at the very least, North American?

In no way am I trying to protect or own the "American" label for USA....

[/quote]i've never considered myself"American"maybe its because its been associated withthe US.. just figured you folks needed a to find a cool name.. American sound better than United Stater imo

[quote user="bandwgn86"]i've never considered myself"American"maybe its because its been associated withthe US.. just figured you folks needed a to find a cool name.. American sound better than United Stater imo[/quote]

But isn't that funny? That's like China taking over the "Asian" label and if you are not chinese, you don't say you are asian....

When you think of the word Patriot, do you think that refers to someone in the USA?