All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]i've never considered myself"American"maybe its because its been associated withthe US.. just figured you folks needed a to find a cool name.. American sound better than United Stater imo[/quote]

But isn't that funny? That's like China taking over the "Asian" label and if you are not chinese, you don't say you are asian....

When you think of the word Patriot, do you think that refers to someone in the USA?
    [/quote]it is a little funny.. but i guess its not just the term "American" "America" has replaced the name United States aswell no?

American sounds way better than United Stater. seriously.

China wanting to "own" the term Asian is yet again a representation of the China v Korea v Japan v South Asian Country problem. You know technically those people we call East Indian are actually Asians too.

Asia's a Continent not neccesarily a single ethnicity or Nation for that matter.

As for our neighbors North, South, far South and really far south, technically you all are Americans too, BUT your Nations choose to identify themselves by the Nation from which the people live.

ergo, Brazil and Brazilians, though also Americans...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

Here's a good question for you, and respond fairly....

1) If you go to foreign countries and you ask them who is an American, will they say it's the United States, Mexico or Canada?

2) Since you are up in Canada, technically you are American, do you call yourself American?

3) When you look at Mexico and speak and think about Mexicans, do you think of them as Americans?

Because technically we are all Americans. But IMO, it is only the United States that reflect who is American. Not to be arrogant and "steal" the name American, it just seems that the global "culture" refers only to the USA as Americans...

Now why is that?
    [/quote]i have no idea what you are askin[:$], can we go back to talking about the 2 hotties Sec posted []lol[/quote]

They are doing wonderful thingswith silicone and plastics these days.
    [/quote]lol indeed.. </P>

so whats shakin Jmike? ready for Christmas? you're gettin me something right.. i prefer white gold over gold..just so you know</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well .......you learn something new on these MBs every day........Never heard of white gold , had to Google it lol Now knowing .......I prefer gold gold</P>

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/16/ju...leaks-founder/</P>

Take a guess who helped bailout Julian Assange?</P>

</P>

Him</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"]

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/16/ju...leaks-founder/</P>

Take a guess who helped bailout Julian Assange?</P>

</P>

Him</P>[/quote]and all of them eithera journalist or filmmakeer..go figure eh?

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]lol... wondering in the series do they discuss the term "American". my question is when did you lads steal it lol..mind youit sounds better than United Staters[/quote]

1) If you go to foreign countries and you ask them who is an American, will they say it's the United States, Mexico or Canada?

2) Since you are up in Canada, technically you are American, do you call yourself American?

3) When you look at Mexico and speak and think about Mexicans, do you think of them as Americans?

Because technically we are all Americans. But IMO, it is only the United States that reflect who is American. Not to be arrogant and "steal" the name American, it just seems that the global "culture" refers only to the USA as Americans...

Now why is that?
    [/quote]i have no idea what you are askin[:$], can we go back to talking about the 2 hotties Sec posted []lol[/quote]

so whats shakin Jmike? ready for Christmas? you're gettin me something right.. i prefer white gold over gold..just so you know</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well .......you learn something new on these MBs every day........Never heard of white gold , had to Google it lol Now knowing .......I prefer gold gold</P>[/quote]doesn't matter, Jmike's not buying me any gold.. []

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

Now why is that?

[/quote]</P>

Well .......you learn something new on these MBs every day........Never heard of white gold , had to Google it lol Now knowing .......I prefer gold gold</P>

[/quote]doesn't matter, Jmike's not buying me any gold.. [][/quote]</P>

You could always go down to Key West and pick some up [] This issome of the gold Mel Fisher found off the Shipwreck Attocha............a friend of mine actually worked with Fisher in the Keys when they were hunting for it</P>

</P>

and should'nt you be buying itfor JMike? Bandy? lol</P>

All-Pro

Attocha.. sounds pretty old. treasure hunter is by far the coolest job ever!

[quote user="bandwgn86"]Attocha.. sounds pretty old. treasure hunter is by far the coolest job ever![/quote]</P>

Yeah my friend stayed with Fisher for 2 or 3 years [ then left and joined the service] his brother stayed and got his cut. It took them like 20 years to find the mother load of gold. The Mel Fisher musuem in Key West is really cool....check it out if you ever get the chance</P>

Plus in KW....you get to do the "Duval Crawl"</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]Attocha.. sounds pretty old. treasure hunter is by far the coolest job ever![/quote]</P>

Yeah my friend stayed with Fisher for 2 or 3 years [ then left and joined the service] his brother stayed and got his cut. It took them like 20 years to find the mother load of gold. The Mel Fisher musuem in Key West is really cool....check it out if you ever get the chance</P>

Plus in KW....you get to do the <FONT color=#0000ff>"Duval Crawl"</FONT></P>[/quote]and a googlin i go lol