Re: Asian giant for HC

Our team was too hurt to go far into the playoffs anyways.

It's crazy that Peyton Manning even got his team into the playoffs. I had assumed that the Colts were done for WAY early in the season.

Can you beleive what he could do if he only had a decent defense and a running game? Imagine if he had a Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw on his team....

MJ, I can't believe you are leaving your company! I am shocked....I just watched the Hurt Locker last night for the first time...

I am concerned for your well being going over there.....

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Our team was too hurt to go far into the playoffs anyways.

[/quote]i agree.. i'd rather not give the Eagles the chance to embarass us again in the first round lol

[quote user="mjg407"]Private firm. Does that make me a merc?[/quote]

Matter of opinion, just be safe, as much as you can. Little Bird? Huey? Or Fixed-wing?

[quote user="AsianGiant"]....I just watched the Hurt Locker last night for the first time...

[/quote]

that movie sucked, way to Hollywood. It's amazing to me how many people liked that ****.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]i agree.. i'd rather not give the Eagles the chance to embarass us again in the first round lol[/quote]

No matter how many "real" fans say otherwise, this was the fear of anyone who cheers Big Blue. Maybe next year we'll trash those *** monkeys for a change. Maybe.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]
    No matter how many "real" fans say otherwise, this was the fear of anyone who cheers Big Blue. Maybe next year we'll trash those *** monkeys for a change. Maybe.
    [/quote]am i reading this wrong.. are you sayin i'm not a real fan.. those are fightin words sir </P>

and yes those *** monkeys have a lot coming to them.. they'll get theirs soon enough </P>

GY:

I assume you didn't like Hurt Locker. Was there too much macho-ness going on for it to be realistic?

I know you can provide much more insight to the inner workings of how things are done in the real world....

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]
    [/quote]am i reading this wrong.. are you sayin i'm not a real fan.. those are fightin words sir </p>

and yes those *** monkeys have a lot coming to them.. they'll get theirs soon enough </p>[/quote]

no, no Bandy....I know you tend to avoid TAGF most of the time, but I've been slumming there frequently the last few weeks.

Apparently anyone who didn't desire for the Giants to make the post-season, despite knowing we'd be embarrassed on a National stage again, would be summarily lambasted as either a no-nothing, bandwagoner (no pun intended) or a fake fan.

Read: Realist vs Homer argument infinitum.

I was one of those who thought maybe they'd turn on that "Road Warrior" persona if they made the play-offs though deep inside I feared we'd be the butt of jokes once again come the WC weekend.

Here's hoping that the Pack can send those fools to Summer vacation 1 week after the Giants !!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]GY:

I assume you didn't like Hurt Locker. Was there too much macho-ness going on for it to be realistic?

I know you can provide much more insight to the inner workings of how things are done in the real world....
    [/quote]

From a pure Drama/ Entertainment/ Suspense point of view, the movie excelled. And that's where I applaud or otherwise give credit where due.

From a "Real World" how things work in the US Army point-of view the movie was a typically contrivance of Hollywood, even if on a small budget and from the pen of an "unknown".

For starters there are protocols to how a unit, any unit operate. I was NOT E.O.D or a Combat Engineer for that matter. There are 2 or 3 Message Boarders on here who either served or are still serving as Combat Engineers and they are the true EXPERTS as to just how "realistic" the Hurt Locker was.

As far as the drama and intensity of say, the Sniper scene, that was pretty decent, but trust me, I fired and/or qualified M16A4's, M4 carbines, M9 pistols, M240 both the "B kit" as well as the "L" which is the pintle mount weapon that Loaders (M1 Tanks) have above head and beside the TC's (tank Commander) Ma Duece .50...

all that to say even now I couldn't just pick up a .50 barrett and somehow know how to adjust for windage and range and somehow zero in the same weapon to my eye and get kill shots on Targets X amount of hundreds of meters away.

Hollywood-ism right there.

Anyway entertainment is entertainment and I have a hard time watching any "war movie" set in "modern times" anyway...

[quote user="mjg407"]Private firm. Does that make me a merc?[/quote]</P>

Everyone here will keep you in their thoughts and prayers, mjg. Always be faced with easy decisions and find the best of luck</P>

Flying KA 300/350. Good news is I will have lots of time at home to blog.

Thanks for all the wishes. Go Packers!!!