Re: Asian giant for HC

[link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d714a2/article/giants-owner-tisch-says-coach-coughlin-will-receive-new-deal?module=HP_headlines[/link]

Looks like the Old Man is staying longer than some would have liked. Good for him.

I still hope he gives Kevin G. his walking papers though, even in this nasty economy unfortunately.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

Hollywood-ism right there.

Anyway entertainment is entertainment and I have a hard time watching any "war movie" set in "modern times" anyway...
    [/quote]

Did you get a chance to watch The Pacific on HBO last year? I thought it was pretty good. And since it was a series, they had a lot of time to develop characters.

As dangerous as disarming bombs are, they definitely aren't glamorous. I'm waiting for one day Hollywood to make a really glamorous and action packed IT guy. That would be interesting!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

Anyway entertainment is entertainment and I have a hard time watching any "war movie" set in "modern times" anyway...
    [/quote]

Did you get a chance to watch The Pacific on HBO last year? I thought it was pretty good. And since it was a series, they had a lot of time to develop characters.

As dangerous as disarming bombs are, they definitely aren't glamorous. I'm waiting for one day Hollywood to make a really glamorous and action packed IT guy. That would be interesting!
    [/quote]

LOL

speaking of, I'm getting ready to go back to school now that the Holidays are over.
    CCNA 2 "Protocols" with a cake MS Office class and English 2....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

speaking of, I'm getting ready to go back to school now that the Holidays are over.
    [/quote]</P>

Good luck with school</P>

oh.......and Steve Jobs has an action figure![]</P>

</P>

iPad can really suk sometimes. GY did you get picked up on the GI bill?

LOL

[/quote]

Good luck on your schooling. Cisco is the way to go. I have my CCNA. Working on my CCNP currently and then CCIP.

[quote user="SEC105"]

Good luck with school</p>

oh.......and Steve Jobs has an action figure![]</p>

</p>[/quote]

Why do I get the feeling it's going to be worth something one day?

[quote user="mjg407"]iPad can really suk sometimes. GY did you get picked up on the GI bill?[/quote]

Voc Rehab actually...

20%

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Good luck on your schooling. Cisco is the way to go. I have my CCNA. Working on my CCNP currently and then CCIP.
    [/quote]

Yeah, this term I'm going in on Saturday's to review material for the CompTIA A+ exams

Lord Willing, the following term I start my Server 1 while hopefully going into Cisco 3 and some odd Gen-Ed...

Man when we started the subnet masking and the OSI Layer j*** I was like what the--
    but this term we go into Packet Tracer and some other program who's name escapes me. Wire Shark? or something oddball like that.

My Instructor is by far one of the BEST teachers I have ever had period, on any level of schooling.

Yeah, this term I'm going in on Saturday's to review material for the CompTIA A+ exams

Lord Willing, the following term I start my Server 1 while hopefully going into Cisco 3 and some odd Gen-Ed...

Man when we started the subnet masking and the OSI Layer j*** I was like what the--
    but this term we go into Packet Tracer and some other program who's name escapes me. Wire Shark? or something oddball like that.

My Instructor is by far one of the BEST teachers I have ever had period, on any level of schooling.
    [/quote]

That's great to hear! It's all about they ability of your instructor to teach! It's a talent just like anything else. Wireshark is good and the de facto tool to sniff packets. And packet tracer is a basic cisco proprietary software for you to build networks and configure them. Very basic though so don't get too used to it but it's a good starting place.

OSI layer is really easy but for each layer, it takes years to master the concepts....I'm serious. Don't just read on MAC addresses and think you now know Layer 2 and all it's qualities...because there's so much......

That's what pushes me to read so much because you really can never know enough in the world of IT.....

It's also what burned me out in 2009 and forced me to take a little sabbatical.... [:P]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]

That's great to hear! It's all about they ability of your instructor to teach! It's a talent just like anything else. Wireshark is good and the de facto tool to sniff packets. And packet tracer is a basic cisco proprietary software for you to build networks and configure them. Very basic though so don't get too used to it but it's a good starting place.

OSI layer is really easy but for each layer, it takes years to master the concepts....I'm serious. Don't just read on MAC addresses and think you now know Layer 2 and all it's qualities...because there's so much......

That's what pushes me to read so much because you really can never know enough in the world of IT.....

It's also what burned me out in 2009 and forced me to take a little sabbatical.... [:P]

[/quote]

LOL, no kidding.

But you know how it is especially in this economy. I'd like to be a Network Technician at minimum but at this point I'll settle for A+ PC Tech in the interim.

And so this year, the first few months, I plan to grind on the CompTIA on Saturdays while doing everything else.

One question, I will also get an Introduction Course to Linux over the next year.

I'd love to have both CCNA and Linux Certifications what's your take on either ?

(I know Linux is non-GUI and all Command Lines, but to a degree so is the Cisco Router stuff.. Privalege Mode etc.)