Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]By this afternoon we should be seeing snow accumulation of around 2-3" per hour, steadfast throughout the evening and night.

Along with that we'll get hit with a nice coat of ice.

(Chicago)

...so, I still have school and work anyway [], while my boys get a Snow day or two...
    [/quote]</P>

Welcome to the club....we have not seen green grass since Christmas.....just one storm after another with constant temps in the teens and 20s on the south shore of Long Island. Usually I don't let stuff like this bother me.....but one day at 50 degrees would be nice!</P>

I always love seeing pics from around the world because I don't get to travel.

So please, send us any pics you can!!! And be safe!

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]By this afternoon we should be seeing snow accumulation of around 2-3" per hour, steadfast throughout the evening and night.

Along with that we'll get hit with a nice coat of ice.

(Chicago)

...so, I still have school and work anyway [], while my boys get a Snow day or two...
    [/quote]</P>

Welcome to the club....we have not seen green grass since Christmas.....just one storm after another with constant temps in the teens and 20s on the south shore of Long Island. Usually I don't let stuff like this bother me.....but one day at 50 degrees would be nice!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Suck it up, soldier!</P>

It looks like where I live we dodged most of this blizzard from the mid west. Granted we got snow yesterday with some sleet/hail....

This morning was all ice as well, but it's now just rain....

I don't see any of the conditions that I saw on the news from the midwest.....

What we received the last two days isn't even close to a storm....

I live inside the City of Chicago.

My minivan is buried. There's a good 4 foot drift packed against it streetside.

The sidewalk has a good 24 inches or so piled and even the gamgway to the trash in the back has drifts of 2-3 feet.

It's still snowing.

The Lakeshore Drive has hundreds of stranded cars/vehicles from last night still stuck on it.

My job called me and told me to stay home.

Me back is hurting from the shoveling I've done so far and I got hundreds of pounds more waiting...

COME ON SPRING-TIME !!! We NEED ya' !!!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I live inside the City of Chicago.

My minivan is buried. There's a good 4 foot drift packed against it streetside.

The sidewalk has a good 24 inches or so piled and even the gamgway to the trash in the back has drifts of 2-3 feet.

It's still snowing.

The Lakeshore Drive has hundreds of stranded cars/vehicles from last night still stuck on it.

My job called me and told me to stay home.

Me back is hurting from the shoveling I've done so far and I got hundreds of pounds more waiting...

COME ON SPRING-TIME !!! We NEED ya' !!!!
    [/quote]

Yeah it looks like you guys got the meat of the storm.

Meanwhile I just spent a buttload on winter tires because this season has been so bad that I gave up trying to stick with my all-seasons.

I must say my Bridgestone Blizzaks are absolute GLUE on the roads...knock on wood...

It is amazing the traction these tires have...they literally change your cars ability to be useful on the road.....

My stock tires were complete hazards....in fact, I would say most cars with stock tires are hazards as they are the cheapest tires that come with a car....

Hope your back is feeling better, I say enjoy it!! It doesn't happen very often, don't wish it away so quickly....

I wish I would have took a picture of the "Before and After" of the family car.

LOL

Got her done though.

Yeah, this has been a brutal Winter all over. This particular blizzard ranked 5th all-time for Chicago and the schools are still closed today, even my college. (Still doing work though plus Packet Tracer's kind of fun [])

Anyway I'll head out to help get a few neighbors out of the snow, mostly the elderly.

Stay warm everyone !!!

As to tires, I stick with Mud and Snow all year round. Michelin's are my favorite brand !!!

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I wish I would have took a picture of the "Before and After" of the family car.

LOL

Got her done though.

Yeah, this has been a brutal Winter all over. This particular blizzard ranked 5th all-time for Chicago and the schools are still closed today, even my college. (Still doing work though plus Packet Tracer's kind of fun [])

Anyway I'll head out to help get a few neighbors out of the snow, mostly the elderly.

Stay warm everyone !!!

As to tires, I stick with Mud and Snow all year round. Michelin's are my favorite brand !!!
    [/quote]</P>

Wow you guys got hammered with that storm but what were people out driving for if they knew it was coming? looks like hundreds of cars are snowbound on Lake Shore Drive</P>

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4...a=N&amp;tab=in</P>

Anybody see that thread on Dan Synder .....Knew he was abad owner...but what alowlife that guy is! Have to feel bad for the Redskinfaithful fans No way out for them till he's gone

[quote user="SEC105"]

Wow you guys got hammered with that storm
    but what were people out driving for if they knew it was coming? looks
    like hundreds of cars are snowbound on Lake Shore Drive</p>

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4...a=N&amp;tab=in</p>[/quote]

yeah. some people thought they could risk it for the "quick shot" to home i guess...

[quote user="SEC105"]Anybody see that thread on Dan Synder .....Knew he was abad owner...but what alowlife that guy is! Have to feel bad for the Redskinfaithful fans No way out for them till he's gone[/quote]

...yeah, i sounded off over there on that.

The guy is an incredible doo-doo bag.