Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

i just assumed it was AntiCanuckism.. damn you ModM []</p>[/quote]

i got sent to afbanistan once...I got into with a troll who had some shots for my family and i retorted with some about his.

a capital one offense resulting in a temporary banning.

It does seem a bit arbitrary though. I've observed some posters who in my mind overstepped the line and from our perspective remained unwarned.

But let's bare in mind, we have no idea what any Mods post in the PM box specifically warnings to said offender.

I try to toe the line though even when I really want to unload on a poster.

Take it in stride JMike...in the end we have to police ourselves and let the idiots be idiots.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="jmike"]OK, way off topic, well maybe the topic here seems constantly in flux. This is not meant to be an insult in anyway before someone gets their back up.

I have found in my short time here that the moderation on these boards seems fairly arbitrary. I know the mods have the thankless job for no compensation of making this place a welcome environment, but I have been made aware of some questionable bannings. Take me from a long while back, I was banned temporarily for using profanity. Which it is understandable since it is against rules, but there is a filter here that "***" out words that are inappropriate. **** Butkis for example is at risk to be beeped. So I was banned because it didn't function properly. Wouldn't a situation like that make more sense to edit the post and remind the user in the private messages that are available that the filter does not always work? Seems it was a banning for doing something that many others do but the software malfuntions, doesn't seem equitable unless you ban everyone that gets the "***" too. I have learned of banning for people making pointless threads in the attempt to make a joke. Well there are pointless threads everywhere, since the same topics get recycled and posted anew every 48 hours. At least ones with a bit of humor, even if they miss the mark, would lighten things up a bit and create some fun. They certainly are no more pointless than the 1,729th fire Gilbride thread this week. Also, I have learned of bannings because of a disagreement between a mod and a user. Shouldn't tthe mod have the same level of engagement protection as any user? So are we now making all disagreements a bannable offense? Would make for some boring discussions.

Again, maybe it is me misreading it all, but it seems a bit arbitrary to me.
    [/quote]

Welcome to our world.

We honestly try our best to ban the appropriate members who try to bypass the language filters. Sometimes we tighten our grip on what is allowed, and sometimes we give more room.

It's a balancing act of how much do we tighten our grip before the boards isn't usable/fun anymore. We also get members who demand certain features/functions out of us as if we offer an SLA in terms of support.

We don't ban a member just because they disagree with a mod, but sometimes there's more that meets the eye, and things behind the scenes that most members aren't aware of.

For example, sometimes a banned member will come back in a different form (we know when they do this), and pretend to be a good citizen to get the backing of other members. Eventually they get into the same tired argument, disagreement with the mods and it's wasted time and effort on our part. When we see this, we know what they are trying to do.....

We also have constant internal discussions of who to be on the lookout for and who's causing trouble. It's a constant cycle, season after season after season....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]Kev
    Hope you are doing okay. I know all to well what its like to lose someone to cancer.

Well I'm headed to a less than desirable place in Afghanistan in March. Rocket attacks and tents here I come.....[/quote]

Today is the Funeral. Yeah, my mom and I had a talk yesterday and all I can say is I feel really sad for her.

As to your destination, you have so much respect from me. You already stood up and Served our Country and here you go again.

God bless you man.
    [/quote]

What's going on? Sorry I've belated the topic. Hope everything is ok with you? Sounds like you and MJ have been going through somewhat of the same issue? [:$]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]PM David Camerons speech on Multiculturism.. i think he's a brilliant speaker, its probably the British accent lol

he nails it around the 340 mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xrvH...layer_embedded

[/quote]

I sense slowly that more people are getting tired of political correctness and that being PC has indirect negative consequences. It's an idea that has gone a bit overboard. I'm all for equality and fairness but it needs to be acted upon by all races. This goes for male and females as well, I'm not just speaking about race.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I don't claim to know much about David Cameron, but he is a politician I assume, so take what he says with a grain of salt.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]PM David Camerons speech on Multiculturism.. i think he's a brilliant speaker, its probably the British accent lol

he nails it around the 340 mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xrvH...layer_embedded

[/quote]

I sense slowly that more people are getting tired of political correctness and that being PC has indirect negative consequences. It's an idea that has gone a bit overboard. I'm all for equality and fairness but it needs to be acted upon by all races. This goes for male and females as well, I'm not just speaking about race.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I don't claim to know much about David Cameron, but he is a politician I assume, so take what he says with a grain of salt.....

[/quote]</P>

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</p>[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

What made America so great and rise to a superpower could also be its curse.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]Kev
    Hope you are doing okay. I know all to well what its like to lose someone to cancer.

Well I'm headed to a less than desirable place in Afghanistan in March. Rocket attacks and tents here I come.....[/quote]

Today is the Funeral. Yeah, my mom and I had a talk yesterday and all I can say is I feel really sad for her.

As to your destination, you have so much respect from me. You already stood up and Served our Country and here you go again.

God bless you man.
    [/quote]

What's going on? Sorry I've belated the topic. Hope everything is ok with you? Sounds like you and MJ have been going through somewhat of the same issue? [:$]
    [/quote]
    My grandma recently passed... I'm doing better now, to a degree.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]Kev

God bless you man.
    [/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, we both lost someone we loved to cancer. How do you post pics again AG?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</P>

[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?
    [/quote]</P>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</P>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</P>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</p>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</p>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</p>[/quote]

GOD bless you sir, yeah I mentioned Him... []