Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][
    My grandma recently passed... I'm doing better now, to a degree.
    [/quote]

Truly sorry to hear that. I am a huge believer that there's much more in the afterlife so it's not over. Everyone will see everyone again.....

[quote user="mjg407"] How do you post pics again AG?

[/quote]

Well, the images have to be hosted on a public server somewhere like Flickr for example. Then use the IMG tags to include the links in....

You can copy and paste any local pictures on your PC and post them, that won't work....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][
    [/quote]

Truly sorry to hear that. I am a huge believer that there's much more in the afterlife so it's not over. Everyone will see everyone again.....
    [/quote]</P>

The age old question, AG - will we see our faithful pets, too? Certainly a dog's spirit is more basic, and basically good andpure... their brain, heart, and soulare notburdened by the complex choices and temptations that a human soul mustface.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</P>

[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

What made America so great and rise to a superpower could also be its curse.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?
    [/quote]</P>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</P>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</P>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</P>

[/quote]</P>

+1000 on this. I remember when people used to take pride in becoming american citizens and acclimating to american culture and happily taking american history and hertige as if it were their own, because to them it was their own. Now, people come here and consider it an insult if you ask them if they want to become an american citizen. </P>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.It's the way it's supposed to me. </P>
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

The age old question, AG - will we see our faithful pets, too? Certainly a dog's spirit is more basic, and basically good andpure... their brain, heart, and soulare notburdened by the complex choices and temptations that a human soul mustface.</p>[/quote]

We will absolutely see our pets again. They are part of our family. I lost my cat of 10 years last summer and it still hurts me today when I think about the pain she went through. I also lost my dad when I was only 15.
    I am awaiting to see all of them again....

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</p>

[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?
    [/quote]</p>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</p>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</p>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</p>

[/quote]</p>

+1000 on this. I remember when people used to take pride in becoming american citizens and acclimating to american culture and happily taking american history and hertige as if it were their own, because to them it was their own. Now, people come here and consider it an insult if you ask them if they want to become an american citizen. </p>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.It's the way it's supposed to me. </p>[/quote]

I remember as a kid, both my parents had to work full day jobs and then go to school to learn English. We were refugees and we were brought here onto American soil from Christian missionaries. That's my story...

When I see other folks come here and don't bother to learn American culture it really upsets me because they are the wrong image of immigrants. My neighbor is Indian and he speaks english very well. He's an engineer and his wife is a nurse. Seems like a perfect couple to me!

If you guys really want to get upset, we had a 911 issue where the family tried to sue our town because non of the responders knew how to speak Spanish. Not only are they taking our resources, but they are thankless and using out tax system now in order to defend that town that they had no wrong doing.
    The whole thing is all just wrong...

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</P>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</P>

[/quote]</P>

+1000 on this. I remember when people used to take pride in becoming american citizens and acclimating to american culture and happily taking american history and hertige as if it were their own, because to them it was their own. Now, people come here and consider it an insult if you ask them if they want to become an american citizen. </P>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.It's the way it's supposed to me. </P>

[/quote]</P>

2 very good posts by both of you......it's ashame that the message of averyfew skews how , at least I think , the thoughts of the majority of Americans feel about this great country of ours. Some just don't get it....even with events in Egypt in the last few weeks staring them in the face</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

The age old question, AG - will we see our faithful pets, too? Certainly a dog's spirit is more basic, and basically good andpure... their brain, heart, and soulare notburdened by the complex choices and temptations that a human soul mustface.</P>

[/quote]

We will absolutely see our pets again. They are part of our family. I lost my cat of 10 years last summer and it still hurts me today when I think about the pain she went through. I also lost my dad when I was only 15.
    I am awaiting to see all of them again....

[/quote]</P>

If AG says it is so... it is so. And, so, I shall relax knowing that everything will come full circle. I have one hell of a happy reunion to look forward to.</P>

So who's going to be the next Middle Eastern leader to be shown the door?</P>

This guy?</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. <FONT color=#ff0000 size=4>They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.</FONT>It's the way it's supposed to me. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Bingo... that's the way it's supposed to be. To be proud that you are American is essential... yet, you must be proud of the roots that make your heritageunique, anduniquely American. </P>