Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</P>

[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

What made America so great and rise to a superpower could also be its curse.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?
    [/quote]</P>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</P>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</P>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</P>

[/quote]</P>

+1000 on this. I remember when people used to take pride in becoming american citizens and acclimating to american culture and happily taking american history and hertige as if it were their own, because to them it was their own. Now, people come here and consider it an insult if you ask them if they want to become an american citizen. </P>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.It's the way it's supposed to me. </P>

[/quote]

I remember as a kid, both my parents had to work full day jobs and then go to school to learn English. We were refugees and we were brought here onto American soil from Christian missionaries. That's my story...

When I see other folks come here and don't bother to learn American culture it really upsets me because they are the wrong image of immigrants. My neighbor is Indian and he speaks english very well. He's an engineer and his wife is a nurse. Seems like a perfect couple to me!

If you guys really want to get upset, we had a 911 issue where the family tried to sue our town because non of the responders knew how to speak Spanish. Not only are they taking our resources, but they are thankless and using out tax system now in order to defend that town that they had no wrong doing.
    The whole thing is all just wrong...

[/quote]</P>

Completely wrong AG. You would think people would want to do the right thing.....but no , just take advantage of the system. Hopefully , someday,they will get "just do" for pulling crap like that</P>

BTW........ very inspiring story about your parents Thats what this Country is all about</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][
    My grandma recently passed... I'm doing better now, to a degree.
    [/quote]

Truly sorry to hear that. I am a huge believer that there's much more in the afterlife so it's not over. Everyone will see everyone again.....
    [/quote]</P>

The age old question, AG - will we see our faithful pets, too? Certainly a dog's spirit is more basic, and basically good andpure... their brain, heart, and soulare notburdened by the complex choices and temptations that a human soul mustface.</P>

[/quote]

We will absolutely see our pets again. They are part of our family. I lost my cat of 10 years last summer and it still hurts me today when I think about the pain she went through. I also lost my dad when I was only 15.
    I am awaiting to see all of them again....

[/quote]</P>

If AG says it is so... it is so. And, so, I shall relax knowing that everything will come full circle. I have one hell of a happy reunion to look forward to.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Amen to that</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</P>

[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

What made America so great and rise to a superpower could also be its curse.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?
    [/quote]</P>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</P>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</P>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</P>

[/quote]</P>

+1000 on this. I remember when people used to take pride in becoming american citizens and acclimating to american culture and happily taking american history and hertige as if it were their own, because to them it was their own. Now, people come here and consider it an insult if you ask them if they want to become an american citizen. </P>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.It's the way it's supposed to me. </P>

[/quote]

I remember as a kid, both my parents had to work full day jobs and then go to school to learn English. We were refugees and we were brought here onto American soil from Christian missionaries. That's my story...

When I see other folks come here and don't bother to learn American culture it really upsets me because they are the wrong image of immigrants. My neighbor is Indian and he speaks english very well. He's an engineer and his wife is a nurse. Seems like a perfect couple to me!

If you guys really want to get upset, we had a 911 issue where the family tried to sue our town because non of the responders knew how to speak Spanish. Not only are they taking our resources, but they are thankless and using out tax system now in order to defend that town that they had no wrong doing.
    The whole thing is all just wrong...

[/quote]</P>

Completely wrong AG. You would think people would want to do the right thing.....but no , just take advantage of the system. Hopefully , someday,they will get "just do" for pulling crap like that</P>

BTW........ very inspiring story about your parents Thats what this Country is all about</P>

[/quote]</P>

Exactly, that is what it's all about, coming here to make a bette life for oneself AND becoming part of a nation. Not just being here to use the country for what you can get out of it and not want to be a PART of it. </P>

People seem to forget that there's a difference between being IN the country and being PART of the country. </P>
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran

My parents were also imports so to speak. They came because they were running from their home country for different reasons. My mother was only 17 and spoke no English when she got here and you wouldn't have known it by me growing up. She never spoke Italian except when really angry and never taught me and my sister that. My dad a former rugger, came here and embraced football, making me the fan I am today. They spoke of themselves as American, not Scottish, or Italian. If it wasn't for their accent, you would never have known they didn't grow up here.

It appears we are all in agreement on our immigration thought process, and relatively have the same storyline. I am not sure why some minority groups get more special treatment than others, but that's just today's culture.

I don't think it's multi-culturism that has failed. But more about the home country being too accommodative to the point it has lost its identity. And the groups that aren't looking out for the country's best interest scream the loudest.

Hey, without multi-culturism, we wouldn't have Chinese food on Xmas, or Falafels on every NYC corner, taco's and corona's....

[quote user="zimonami"]

If AG says it is so... it is so. And, so, I shall relax knowing that everything will come full circle. I have one hell of a happy reunion to look forward to.</p>[/quote]

Think about life and the seasons. We have spring and then winter. Spring again, and then winter. The world is round, things come full circle. My theory is that the universe is round as well. Atoms and protons are round, everything is round....planets, sun, stars.....molecules etc etc....

It doesn't make sense that life is not round(full circle).

The spiritual world is kind of like a placeholder, a place everyone can relax at until you choose your next adventure...

It's impossible to comprehend our world and the afterworld. So if you beleive in the afterworld, who created it? And if you had an answer like God, then who created Him? What was there before the big bang? Was the universe black or white before the big bang? What molecules made the universe before the big bang? Were you able to float outside of the big bang?

It's just impossible to comprehend!!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]It appears we are all in agreement on our immigration thought process, and relatively have the same storyline. I am not sure why some minority groups get more special treatment than others, but that's just today's culture.

I don't think it's multi-culturism that has failed. But more about the home country being too accommodative to the point it has lost its identity. And the groups that aren't looking out for the country's best interest scream the loudest.

Hey, without multi-culturism, we wouldn't have Chinese food on Xmas, or Falafels on every NYC corner, taco's and corona's....

[/quote]

interesting comments here.

As an african-American I recall some or certain people questioning me why I went to serve my Country in the Army.

It was astonishing really. I mean slavery was heinous, evil and disgusting. I can tell you that the echoes and long-term ills or effects of that ugliness in the American History; effect many people of color even today in the 21st century.

However, imperfect as our Country is, and it is, I always desired to serve her even as a youth. September 11th was the catalyst to provoke me to action. I didn't want to stand on the sidelines and observe but preferred to get "in there and do something."

Do I still face racism and/or bigotry? Sadly, yes I do.

Still my heart beats for this Country and I'll always bleed the colors of Old Glory.

Brainwashed? Not a chance, fully cognizant and after serving over-seas and related; my perspective, shall we say, world-view has expanded.

Returning to the States and encountering protesters with signs makes me shake my head.
    Freedom is more than a notion and MANY Americans have not the slightest clue how truly blessed they are to live in these United States.

No clue at all.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]It appears we are all in agreement on our immigration thought process, and relatively have the same storyline. I am not sure why some minority groups get more special treatment than others, but that's just today's culture.

[/quote]

interesting comments here.

As an african-American I recall some or certain people questioning me why I went to serve my Country in the Army.

It was astonishing really. I mean slavery was heinous, evil and disgusting. I can tell you that the echoes and long-term ills or effects of that ugliness in the American History; effect many people of color even today in the 21st century.

However, imperfect as our Country is, and it is, I always desired to serve her even as a youth. September 11th was the catalyst to provoke me to action. I didn't want to stand on the sidelines and observe but preferred to get "in there and do something."

Do I still face racism and/or bigotry? Sadly, yes I do.

Still my heart beats for this Country and I'll always bleed the colors of Old Glory.

Brainwashed? Not a chance, fully cognizant and after serving over-seas and related; my perspective, shall we say, world-view has expanded.

Returning to the States and encountering protesters with signs makes me shake my head.
    Freedom is more than a notion and MANY Americans have not the slightest clue how truly blessed they are to live in these United States.

No clue at all.
    [/quote]

Trust me, the good people thank you for your service, just like MJ. The protesters you speak of are protesting the war as a whole and not specifically you, but I think you knew that.
    These people have NO answers when something goes badly wrong.

It would be nice to take all those complainers about our country and drop them in a different country to see how fast they change their views wouldn't it?

[quote user="SEC105"]

So who's going to be the next Middle Eastern leader to be shown the door?</P>

This guy?</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

It would never happen, but we can hope and pray. This guy is one of the bigger idiots in the world.</P>

Soon to be home sweet home...

and the upgraded facilities elsewhere in asstinkistan.