Re: Asian giant for HC

Wow MJ....good luck and be safe over there.....as always keep those pictures coming in....

I noticed the sign, is there a typo? "Authorised" Shouldn't it be "Authorized"?

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Wow MJ....good luck and be safe over there.....as always keep those pictures coming in....

[/quote]NATO base, so is that the Britt way?

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Wow MJ....good luck and be safe over there.....as always keep those pictures coming in....

[/quote]

You say tomato and I say......tomato....

I think you're right.....

So are you staying in one of those huts? It's amazing how you were once in Cali, and now you are in a place we see in the news....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Wow MJ....good luck and be safe over there.....as always keep those pictures coming in....

[/quote]

You say tomato and I say......tomato....

I think you're right.....

So are you staying in one of those huts? It's amazing how you were once in Cali, and now you are in a place we see in the news....
    [/quote]
    I still have a house and all in Cali, but just be living in a B-hut or Tent for 60-90 days. Betty Ford here I come!

All-Pro

[quote user="mjg407"]Soon to be home sweet home...

and the upgraded facilities elsewhere in asstinkistan.

[/quote]that flag with the Maple leaf sure is sexy...

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"]

So who's going to be the next Middle Eastern leader to be shown the door?</p>

This guy?</p>

</p>[/quote]when did Yakof Smirnof become a Middle Eastern leader?

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Too many countries are handcuffing themselves in an effort to be PC. You can't please some of the people all of the time. Give me Australia... they have it down right... If you don't like the rules and language we have always had, and will not change, then don't let the door hit your butt on your way out.</p>

[/quote]

It's one of the advantages that China has. They have complete control of how they want their country to be ran. If groups want to set up shop but don't want to adhere to the laws of the land, they are gone.

What made America so great and rise to a superpower could also be its curse.

Perhaps decades from now, Chinese kids will be reading about a once superpower called America, and they will learn that we imploded because we lost our identity. What is our identity anyways?
    [/quote]</p>

We the People... a melting pot of ethnicity where alllearned to become American citizens, and were proud to speak a common language whilst they enjoyed the freedoms of religion, speech, the right to assemble, etc. You could be unique, and still be an American.</p>

Now, if you don't want to speak our language, we will try to accomodate you. If you aren't an American citizen and don't have a job, and can't afford health care, we'll take care of you. If you don't agree with our Judeo-Christian principles we will eliminate any and all references to God and Jesus Christ and the 10 Commandments so you can't be offended. If you are the oil that isn't compatible with the blended waters inour Melting Pot, we willdump the Melting Pot, and allow your unique and narrow needs to supercede those of the many.</p>

I'm rambling, but you getsome of the idea.</p>

[/quote]</p>

+1000 on this. I remember when people used to take pride in becoming american citizens and acclimating to american culture and happily taking american history and hertige as if it were their own, because to them it was their own. Now, people come here and consider it an insult if you ask them if they want to become an american citizen. </p>

My wife and her family came to america when she was very young. They risked everything to come here and they all consider themselves american. They all became citizens and are prideful of this country. They've kept many of their customs from Guyana and still relate to their origins but have also taken on many american customs.It's the way it's supposed to me. </p>

[/quote]</p>

2 very good posts by both of you......it's ashame that the message of averyfew skews how , at least I think , the thoughts of the majority of Americans feel about this great country of ours. Some just don't get it....even with events in Egypt in the last few weeks staring them in the face</p>[/quote]i disagree with both (somewhat) imigrants don't need to feel pride in their new home..they just need to respect it.. the pride thing you hope eventually comes..

interesting thoughts on "pride."

are we "born" with it or do we acquire it over time?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]interesting thoughts on "pride."

are we "born" with it or do we acquire it over time?[/quote]brainwashed into it imo..

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]interesting thoughts on "pride."

are we "born" with it or do we acquire it over time?[/quote]brainwashed into it imo..
    [/quote]

I'm sure national patriotism has some brainwashing piece to it. Every country does.

Just don't overdo it to the point people question why you are even in the U.S.....if you love your homeland so much....just sayin'