All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]interesting thoughts on "pride."

are we "born" with it or do we acquire it over time?[/quote]brainwashed into it imo..
    [/quote]

I'm sure national patriotism has some brainwashing piece to it. Every country does.

Just don't overdo it to the point people question why you are even in the <font color="#0000ff">U.S</font>.....if you love your homeland so much....just sayin'
    [/quote]or any other country. you're so vain lol

http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/02...rtain-classes/

heres a perfect chance for someone to step up and say enough but i don't have faith in my gov. that they'll do the right thing and say "tough, were not changing the curriculum"

and on it goes..

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

heres a perfect chance for someone to step up and say enough but i don't have faith in my gov. that they'll do the right thing and say "tough, were not changing the curriculum"

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

I'm confused. They do not want their children to participate because why ?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, this is a huge problem. They are hiding behind what their religion allows them to do or not do. This is not right. There are some schools that have used tax payers dollars to accommodate them for a room to wash their feet!!!
    If there was any taxpayers money to a specific room for christians, all hell would break loose!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, this is a huge problem. They are hiding behind what their religion allows them to do or not do. This is not right. There are some schools that have used tax payers dollars to accommodate them for a room to wash their feet!!!
    If there was any taxpayers money to a specific room for christians, all hell would break loose!

[/quote]
    that's what's crazy. I am a Christian and I am tired of being vilified or otherwise assumed a homophobe, bigot, hypocrite and anti-muslim.

Anything we lobby for is shot down and with the quickness, but other religions seem to get passes or special accommodations.

Something stinks...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    that's what's crazy. I am a Christian and I am tired of being vilified or otherwise assumed a homophobe, bigot, hypocrite and anti-muslim.

Anything we lobby for is shot down and with the quickness, but other religions seem to get passes or special accommodations.

Something stinks...
    [/quote]</P>

So we don't "offend" anybody else....what is this country coming to when our core values must be judged in a court of law? No Pledge of Allegiance [ under God], no Merry Christmas [Happy Holidays] , don't teach this in school , etc. Some people find this offensive.......so we must give in to the ideas of a few? Not so fast imo We just have to stand up and say when enough is enough</P>

This the United States of America</P>

Look , you came to THIS country and asked to join in it's greatness and Freedom.......YOU should be the one's trying to understand others [ours] beliefs</P>

Least that's the way I see it and I'm not changing........nor are many others who think like I do</P>

down fromthe soapbox now.....some of that stuff just tee's me off </P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something stinks...
    [/quote]</p>

So we don't "offend" anybody else....<font color="#0000ff">what is this country coming to when our core values must be judged in a court of law? No Pledge of Allegiance [ under God], no Merry Christmas [Happy Holidays] , don't teach this in school , etc. Some people find this offensive.......so we must give in to the ideas of a few</font>? Not so fast imo We just have to stand up and say when enough is enough</p>

This the United States of America</p>

Look , you came to THIS country and asked to join in it's greatness and Freedom.......YOU should be the one's trying to understand others [ours] beliefs</p>

Least that's the way I see it and I'm not changing........nor are many others who think like I do</p>

down fromthe soapbox now.....some of that stuff just tee's me off </p>[/quote]actually imo those ideas probably come from gov officials with nothing better to do.. so they invent bull **** ideas and hide behind the PC crap..

Same thing with the Canadian Anthem.. some pc prick is always trying to change things so it doesn't offend somebody... what about the many of us that would be offended if it was changed??

Veteran

[quote user="SEC105"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something stinks...
    [/quote]</p>

So we don't "offend" anybody else....what is this country coming to when our core values must be judged in a court of law? No Pledge of Allegiance [ under God], no Merry Christmas [Happy Holidays] , don't teach this in school , etc. Some people find this offensive.......so we must give in to the ideas of a few? Not so fast imo We just have to stand up and say when enough is enough</p>

Look , you came to THIS country and asked to join in it's greatness and Freedom.......YOU should be the one's trying to understand others [ours] beliefs</p>

Least that's the way I see it and I'm not changing........nor are many others who think like I do</p>

down fromthe soapbox now.....some of that stuff just tee's me off </p>[/quote]

What exactly are the religious beliefs of America that everyone should understand. Frankly it is offense to one to be forced to say the pledge of allegiance that includes god in it if you don't believe. They should reword it is all.

Haven't seen anyone make Merry Christmas illegal.

Prayer in schools is a confusing thing to me. Teachers and administrators should not hold prayer time, but if a student chooses to spend a free moment in his day to pray, they should be allowed. I understand it is not, not sure how you can stop it though. Couldn't stop me from doing much worse than pray in my free time at school. Though if that is the case, why are some schools setting prayer rooms aside so muslim students can meet their prayer schedule. Doesn't make sense and since I am not in school, and do not have a child in school, I am not sure what is being "reported" is actually what is happening.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="SEC105"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something stinks...
    [/quote]</P>

So we don't "offend" anybody else....what is this country coming to when our core values must be judged in a court of law? No Pledge of Allegiance [ under God], no Merry Christmas [Happy Holidays] , don't teach this in school , etc. Some people find this offensive.......so we must give in to the ideas of a few? Not so fast imo We just have to stand up and say when enough is enough</P>

Look , you came to THIS country and asked to join in it's greatness and Freedom.......YOU should be the one's trying to understand others [ours] beliefs</P>

Least that's the way I see it and I'm not changing........nor are many others who think like I do</P>

[/quote]

What exactly are the religious beliefs of America that everyone should understand. Frankly it is offense to one to be forced to say the pledge of allegiance that includes god in it if you don't believe. They should reword it is all.

Haven't seen anyone make Merry Christmas illegal.

Prayer in schools is a confusing thing to me. Teachers and administrators should not hold prayer time, but if a student chooses to spend a free moment in his day to pray, they should be allowed. I understand it is not, not sure how you can stop it though. Couldn't stop me from doing much worse than pray in my free time at school. Though if that is the case, why are some schools setting prayer rooms aside so muslim students can meet their prayer schedule. Doesn't make sense and since I am not in school, and do not have a child in school, I am not sure what is being "reported" is actually what is happening.
    [/quote]</P>

Or just don't say "God" when you recite the P of A..........and not make such a big deal of it</P>

Don't think there is any prayer in public school these days. This isAmerica....send you're kid to private school [Catholic , Muslim ,whatever]if it's that important to ya.....and YOU pay for it</P>

I'm Irish Catholic.......and I'm not complaining to stop playing NFLfootball on Sundays!</P>

I hope the Pope does not read this!</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something stinks...
    [/quote]</P>

So we don't "offend" anybody else....<FONT color=#0000ff>what is this country coming to when our core values must be judged in a court of law? No Pledge of Allegiance [ under God], no Merry Christmas [Happy Holidays] , don't teach this in school , etc. Some people find this offensive.......so we must give in to the ideas of a few</FONT>? Not so fast imo We just have to stand up and say when enough is enough</P>

[/quote]actually imo those ideas probably come from gov officials with nothing better to do.. so they invent bull **** ideas and hide behind the PC crap..

Same thing with the Canadian Anthem.. some pc prick is always trying to change things so it doesn't offend somebody... what about the many of us that would be offended if it was changed??
    [/quote]</P>

We need a few more politicians with the George Carlin attitude......."if don't like I'm saying......well **** off" lol</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

and on it goes..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something stinks...
    [/quote]</p>

So we don't "offend" anybody else....<font color="#0000ff">what is this country coming to when our core values must be judged in a court of law? No Pledge of Allegiance [ under God], no Merry Christmas [Happy Holidays] , don't teach this in school , etc. Some people find this offensive.......so we must give in to the ideas of a few</font>? Not so fast imo We just have to stand up and say when enough is enough</p>

down fromthe soapbox now.....some of that stuff just tee's me off </p>

[/quote]actually imo those ideas probably come from gov officials with nothing better to do.. so they invent bull **** ideas and hide behind the PC crap..

[/quote]</p>

We need a few more politicians with the George Carlin attitude......."if don't like I'm saying......well **** off" lol</p>[/quote]him or Lewis Black ..
    i agree with your previous post.. my family used to pray at the table before eating.. i don't believe in the good lord almighty so i don't pray i also don't get away from the table or demand we stop.. i just go through the montions.. nothing wrong with that