Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Laws are only followed by law abiding citizens.

For some reason, our wonderful Feds keep pumping out more laws and restrict us, and assume criminals will follow the rules....

You're a criminal for a reason, you don't follow laws!!
    [/quote]</P>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution** basically made it not a crime* .... some thought it would be mayhem*** but it actually worked out quite well</P>

Wonder if it could work in the USA?</P>[/quote]

There are examples of countries that have loose drug laws and have a much lower crime rate than the US. However I think there are too many other factors that go into what casues crime to be sure if legalizing drugs actually lowers the crime rate. I think i read the same thing u did SEC105.

Veteran

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

For some reason, our wonderful Feds keep pumping out more laws and restrict us, and assume criminals will follow the rules....

[/quote]</p>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution basically made it not a crime .... some thought it would be mayhem but it actually worked out quite well</p>

Wonder if it could work in the USA?</p>[/quote]

There are examples of countries that have loose drug laws and have a much lower crime rate than the US. However I think there are too many other factors that go into what casues crime to be sure if legalizing drugs actually lowers the crime rate. I think i read the same thing u did SEC105.[/quote]

Well how many violent crimes happen in the act of the distribution and sales of drugs in this country. If it wasn't illegal, there would be significantly less violent crimes. But I am not sure this country can afford an entire generation of doped up, drugged out, burn outs.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution** basically made it not a crime* .... some thought it would be mayhem*** but it actually worked out quite well</p>

There are examples of countries that have loose drug laws and have a much lower crime rate than the US. However I think there are too many other factors that go into what casues crime to be sure if legalizing drugs actually lowers the crime rate. I think i read the same thing u did SEC105.[/quote]

Well how many violent crimes happen in the act of the distribution and sales of drugs in this country.* If it wasn't illegal, there would be significantly less violent crimes.* But I am not sure this country can afford an entire generation of doped up, drugged out, burn outs.
    [/quote]

How many crimes are commited by people under the influence of drugs?? I think we would all agree drugs hinder ur judgement. I would also gather that if drugs were legal, there would be more users...possibly more bad choices.

Veteran

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution basically made it not a crime .... some thought it would be mayhem but it actually worked out quite well</p>

Well how many violent crimes happen in the act of the distribution and sales of drugs in this country. If it wasn't illegal, there would be significantly less violent crimes. But I am not sure this country can afford an entire generation of doped up, drugged out, burn outs.
    [/quote]

How many crimes are commited by people under the influence of drugs?? I think we would all agree drugs hinder ur judgement. I would also gather that if drugs were legal, there would be more users...possibly more bad choices.[/quote]

Yes possibly. But I still think the overall rate of violent crime will go down.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

How many crimes are commited by people under the influence of drugs?? I think we would all agree drugs hinder ur judgement. I would also gather that if drugs were legal, there would be more users...possibly more bad choices.[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand the argument to loosen drug laws. However, I would be afraid of the consequences. How many people who normally would NOT be hooked on drugs would try it because it's legal and then get hooked and suddenly you have a huge problem on your hands.
    The danger is that it's so easy to get hooked I believe.

Sure there are alcoholics, but IMO, that's more because people really want to drink and then go down that path on their own. Whereas some drugs are so highly addictive that only a couple uses and you are totally screwed.

All your money will be going to feed the little monster inside you. This indirectly affects the economy.
    I don't want little kids to "give it a try" just because it's legal and now their brains are warped for the rest of their lives...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution basically made it not a crime .... some thought it would be mayhem but it actually worked out quite well</P>

Wonder if it could work in the USA?</P>

[/quote] There are examples of countries that have loose drug laws and have a much lower crime rate than the US. However I think there are too many other factors that go into what casues crime to be sure if legalizing drugs actually lowers the crime rate. I think i read the same thing u did SEC105.[/quote]

[/quote] How many crimes are commited by people under the influence of drugs?? I think we would all agree drugs hinder ur judgement. I would also gather that if drugs were legal, there would be more users...possibly more bad choices.[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand the argument to loosen drug laws. However, I would be afraid of the consequences. How many people who normally would NOT be hooked on drugs would try it because it's legal and then get hooked and suddenly you have a huge problem on your hands.

Sure there are alcoholics, but IMO, that's more because people really want to drink and then go down that path on their own. Whereas some drugs are so highly addictive that only a couple uses and you are totally screwed.

All your money will be going to feed the little monster inside you. This indirectly affects the economy.
    I don't want little kids to "give it a try" just because it's legal and now their brains are warped for the rest of their lives...

[/quote]</P>

Here's the link to that story Gang.........interesting read</P>

Make of it what you will</P>

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...893946,00.html</P>

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't disagree with you. But it puts more emphasis on teaching and in the hands of the parent and out of the hands of the police. Reducing violent crime in the meantime. But I'm not sure in this economic climate, putting the parents in yet a more difficult position is a good idea. Few families anymore are single income and parents are forced to spend less and less time with their children. No real solution here. All routes have positives and negatives but at some point we have to do something different because the economy doesn't work, the legal system doesn't work, the educational system doesn't work and the prison system doesn't work. Or at least that is what I read on the internet.

All-Pro

The movie "cat woman" has to be in the top 10 worst movies ever!!
    But man is it ever a great movie to watch.

I Love me some Halle Berry

[quote user="bandwgn86"]The movie "cat woman" has to be in the top 10 worst movies ever!!

I Love me some Halle Berry[/quote]

plus 1...same thing with" jennifer's body"...movie sucks but megan fox is in it.

Veteran

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="bandwgn86"]The movie "cat woman" has to be in the top 10 worst movies ever!!

I Love me some Halle Berry[/quote]

plus 1...same thing with" jennifer's body"...movie sucks but megan fox is in it.[/quote]

idk what it is, but I never found Megan Fox all that appealing.