Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Laws are only followed by law abiding citizens.

For some reason, our wonderful Feds keep pumping out more laws and restrict us, and assume criminals will follow the rules....

You're a criminal for a reason, you don't follow laws!!
    [/quote]</P>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution basically made it not a crime .... some thought it would be mayhem but it actually worked out quite well</P>

Wonder if it could work in the USA?</P>

[/quote] There are examples of countries that have loose drug laws and have a much lower crime rate than the US. However I think there are too many other factors that go into what casues crime to be sure if legalizing drugs actually lowers the crime rate. I think i read the same thing u did SEC105.[/quote]

Well how many violent crimes happen in the act of the distribution and sales of drugs in this country. If it wasn't illegal, there would be significantly less violent crimes. But I am not sure this country can afford an entire generation of doped up, drugged out, burn outs.
    [/quote] How many crimes are commited by people under the influence of drugs?? I think we would all agree drugs hinder ur judgement. I would also gather that if drugs were legal, there would be more users...possibly more bad choices.[/quote]

Yes possibly. But I still think the overall rate of violent crime will go down.
    [/quote]

I understand the argument to loosen drug laws. However, I would be afraid of the consequences. How many people who normally would NOT be hooked on drugs would try it because it's legal and then get hooked and suddenly you have a huge problem on your hands.
    The danger is that it's so easy to get hooked I believe.

Sure there are alcoholics, but IMO, that's more because people really want to drink and then go down that path on their own. Whereas some drugs are so highly addictive that only a couple uses and you are totally screwed.

All your money will be going to feed the little monster inside you. This indirectly affects the economy.
    I don't want little kids to "give it a try" just because it's legal and now their brains are warped for the rest of their lives...

[/quote]

I don't disagree with you. But it puts more emphasis on teaching and in the hands of the parent and out of the hands of the police. Reducing violent crime in the meantime. But I'm not sure in this economic climate, putting the parents in yet a more difficult position is a good idea. Few families anymore are single income and parents are forced to spend less and less time with their children. No real solution here. All routes have positives and negatives but at some point we have to do something different because the economy doesn't work, the legal system doesn't work, the educational system doesn't work and the prison system doesn't work. Or at least that is what I read on the internet.
    [/quote]</P>

This was my laugh of the day, jm. All wrapped up in your insight... then the last sentence.</P>

Like, The Devil made me do it.</P>

Legalize? Just more people too buzzed out to commit a crime. Everybody's happy... the police are bored.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

For some reason, our wonderful Feds keep pumping out more laws and restrict us, and assume criminals will follow the rules....

[/quote]</P>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution** basically made it not a crime* .... some thought it would be mayhem*** but it actually worked out quite well</P>

Wonder if it could work in the USA?</P>

[/quote] There are examples of countries that have loose drug laws and have a much lower crime rate than the US. However I think there are too many other factors that go into what casues crime to be sure if legalizing drugs actually lowers the crime rate. I think i read the same thing u did SEC105.[/quote]

Well how many violent crimes happen in the act of the distribution and sales of drugs in this country.* If it wasn't illegal, there would be significantly less violent crimes.* But I am not sure this country can afford an entire generation of doped up, drugged out, burn outs.
    [/quote] How many crimes are commited by people under the influence of drugs?? I think we would all agree drugs hinder ur judgement. I would also gather that if drugs were legal, there would be more users...possibly more bad choices.[/quote]

Yes possibly.* But I still think the overall rate of violent crime will go down.
    [/quote]

I understand the argument to loosen drug laws. However, I would be afraid of the consequences. How many people who normally would NOT be hooked on drugs would try it because it's legal and then get hooked and suddenly you have a huge problem on your hands.

Sure there are alcoholics, but IMO, that's more because people really want to drink and then go down that path on their own. Whereas some drugs are so highly addictive that only a couple uses and you are totally screwed.

All your money will be going to feed the little monster inside you. This indirectly affects the economy.
    I don't want little kids to "give it a try" just because it's legal and now their brains are warped for the rest of their lives...

[/quote]

I don't disagree with you.* But it puts more emphasis on teaching and in the hands of the parent and out of the hands of the police.* Reducing violent crime in the meantime.* But I'm not sure in this economic climate, putting the parents in yet a more difficult position is a good idea.* Few families anymore are single income and parents are forced to spend less and less time with their children.* No real solution here.* All routes have positives and negatives but at some point we have to do something different because the economy doesn't work, the legal system doesn't work, the educational system doesn't work and the prison system doesn't work.* Or at least that is what I read on the internet.
    [/quote]</P>

This was my laugh of the day, jm. All wrapped up in your insight... then the last sentence.</P>

Like, The Devil made me do it.</P>

Legalize? Just more people too buzzed out to commit a crime. Everybody's happy... the police are bored.</P>[/quote]

In a way drug dealing is a victimless crime...You have a willing buyer and seller..both know the risks involved, I can see why some may want to legalize. I don't though, It's fine they way it is imo.

[link]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/11/massive-7-magnitude-earthquake-strikes-japan/[/link]

[link]http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/[/link]

[link]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/03/11/von.quake.meeting.avn[/link]

this is real bad

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

Have to find a link.....but just read about some country in South America? that dropped drug prosecution basically made it not a crime .... some thought it would be mayhem but it actually worked out quite well</p>

Wonder if it could work in the USA?</p>

Well how many violent crimes happen in the act of the distribution and sales of drugs in this country. If it wasn't illegal, there would be significantly less violent crimes. But I am not sure this country can afford an entire generation of doped up, drugged out, burn outs.

Yes possibly. But I still think the overall rate of violent crime will go down.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I don't disagree with you. But it puts more emphasis on teaching and in the hands of the parent and out of the hands of the police. Reducing violent crime in the meantime. But I'm not sure in this economic climate, putting the parents in yet a more difficult position is a good idea. Few families anymore are single income and parents are forced to spend less and less time with their children. No real solution here. All routes have positives and negatives but at some point we have to do something different because the economy doesn't work, the legal system doesn't work, the educational system doesn't work and the prison system doesn't work. Or at least that is what I read on the internet.
    [/quote]</p>

This was my laugh of the day, jm. All wrapped up in your insight... then the last sentence.</p>

Like, The Devil made me do it.</p>

Legalize? Just more people too buzzed out to commit a crime. Everybody's happy... the police are bored.</p>[/quote]

In a way drug dealing is a victimless crime...You have a willing buyer and seller..both know the risks involved, I can see why some may want to legalize. I don't though, It's fine they way it is imo.[/quote]

Well that I disagree with. It may not need to be legalized, but it certainly is not fine the way it is.

Parents need to parent again, that takes TWO to tango. Unfortunately our society is getting increasingly one parent, or two that both have jobs, hence these emo kids we have.

So although I agree FAMILY needs to be stronger again, that's not going to happen when both mom/dad want to make 6 figure salaries so they can outdo the Joneses....

Police shouldn't be doing these kinds of work but they have to for the time being....

And parents need to stop suing schools if their kids do bad....maybe schools should sue the parents for not parenting...just sayin'

As for Megan Fox, I am soooo not attracted to her at all....there's something about her that I dislike...

She is indeed pretty, but not attracted...

Gotta say, Jameson's Irish Whiskey is pretty good. Jack's my drink though, but Jameson's pretty smooth...

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Gotta say, Jameson's Irish Whiskey is pretty good. Jack's my drink though, but Jameson's pretty smooth...
    [/quote]

Jameson is smooth..goes down too easy actually...Johnny Walker blue is pretty smooth as well.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]Gotta say, Jameson's Irish Whiskey is pretty good. Jack's my drink though, but Jameson's pretty smooth...
    [/quote]

Jameson is smooth..goes down too easy actually...Johnny Walker blue is pretty smooth as well.[/quote]

that's funny. thought those same words myself.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]Gotta say, Jameson's Irish Whiskey is pretty good. Jack's my drink though, but Jameson's pretty smooth...
    [/quote]

Jameson is smooth..goes down too easy actually...Johnny Walker blue is pretty smooth as well.[/quote]

that's funny. thought those same words myself.
    [/quote]

great minds think alike...but johnny walker blue is too expensive...after the first glass it all tastes the same, its better to get the cheap stuff...imo

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][link]http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/11/massive-7-magnitude-earthquake-strikes-japan/[/link]

[link]http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/[/link]

[link]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/03/11/von.quake.meeting.avn[/link]

this is real bad
    [/quote]

wow