Re: Asian giant for HC

Not all that many sequels are as good as the original......but here's one imo</P>

</P>

Veteran

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="jmike"]
    They did Terminator without Arnold. Plus they had a very good television series with Summer Glau as the main terminator.[/quote]

Rise of the Machines was cool in a continuity kind of way; but it wasn't "really" Terminator in spite of the CGI Arnold shot...

I never watched the Sarah Conner chronicles for much the same reason I couldn't get into the Battlestar Galactica redux.

I tried too in either case but the products seemed so different from the silver screen and I understood the desire to expand the "stories" but just couldn't get into them.

I tried though, especially with BSG.
    [/quote]

If you have netflix instant or whatever they call it, I watch through the Wii. The TV series is available there, you should check it out, very goof imo.

Another good show you could watch that way is Firefly.

RE: Battlestar Galactica (redux)

[quote user="jmike"]

If you have netflix instant or whatever they call it, I watch through the Wii. The TV series is available there, you should check it out, very goof imo.

Another good show you could watch that way is Firefly.[/quote]

actually I respect AG quite a bit and his endorsement is enough for me to try to give it a whirl, maybe the timing was wrong I don't know.

I'm in a "place" these days where I am a little more willing to experiment so...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

how bout a WonderWoman movie starring Jessica Beil/Alba.. yummy

take notes Hollywood, more to follow.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]how bout a WonderWoman movie starring Jessica Beil/Alba.. yummy

[/quote]

I thought i read in rolling stone that megan fox was going to play wonderwoman...not sure....I think I can watch any jessica alba movie no matter how bad it is.

All-Pro

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="bandwgn86"]how bout a WonderWoman movie starring Jessica Beil/Alba.. yummy

[/quote]

I thought i read in rolling stone that megan fox was going to play wonderwoman...not sure....I think I can watch any jessica alba movie no matter how bad it is.[/quote]picturing Fox in that outfit............................................ .................................................. yep she'll work just aswell lol

JAlba and HBerry are my favourite "skinny" girls

All-Pro

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="bandwgn86"]how bout a WonderWoman movie starring Jessica Beil/Alba.. yummy

[/quote]

I thought i read in rolling stone that megan fox was going to play wonderwoman...not sure....I think I can watch any jessica alba movie no matter how bad it is.[/quote]picturing Fox in that outfit............................................ .................................................. yep she'll work just aswell lol

JAlba and HBerry are my favourite "skinny" girls

[/quote]and of course JMike too []

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]RE: Battlestar Galactica (redux)

[quote user="jmike"]

Another good show you could watch that way is Firefly.[/quote]

actually I respect AG quite a bit and his endorsement is enough for me to try to give it a whirl, maybe the timing was wrong I don't know.

I'm in a "place" these days where I am a little more willing to experiment so...
    [/quote]

I've only seen a couple episodes of the original BSG so it was easier for me to accept the new gender role changes. I do find it a bit off though for Starbuck to be a female.

If you happen to give the new BSG a chance, it is extremely well done. SyFy is scrambling to figure out what to do because that was their bread and butter for so many years.

They tried with a soap opera (Caprica) and that failed. Now they are trying to do an Adama series and I feel that will fail too...

It's too hard to explain how well everything meshed in the new BSG. The best way I can explain it is that the entire series felt like one big poem....

It is a "beautiful" series.......and I don't throw that around very easily. I will not even tell you anything that I liked about it because every scene is that important and I don't want to ruin anything....

All I can say is that if you give it a chance, and immerse yourself into it, it will be one of your favorite series ever made....

Now if I'm right, and it does become one of your all time favorites, this is way too important to miss out on!!!

I envy you now because you don't know what you're about to get yourself into......

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]RE: Battlestar Galactica (redux)

[quote user="jmike"] If you have netflix instant or whatever they call it, I watch through the Wii. The TV series is available there, you should check it out, very goof imo. Another good show you could watch that way is Firefly.[/quote]

[/quote]

I've only seen a couple episodes of the original BSG so it was easier for me to accept the new gender role changes. I do find it a bit off though for Starbuck to be a female.

If you happen to give the new BSG a chance, it is extremely well done. SyFy is scrambling to figure out what to do because that was their bread and butter for so many years.

They tried with a soap opera (Caprica) and that failed. Now they are trying to do an Adama series and I feel that will fail too...

It's too hard to explain how well everything meshed in the new BSG. The best way I can explain it is that the entire series felt like one big poem....

It is a "beautiful" series.......and I don't throw that around very easily. I will not even tell you anything that I liked about it because every scene is that important and I don't want to ruin anything....

All I can say is that if you give it a chance, and immerse yourself into it, it will be one of your favorite series ever made....

Now if I'm right, and it does become one of your all time favorites, this is way too important to miss out on!!!

I envy you now because you don't know what you're about to get yourself into......

[/quote]</P>

Geez, AG, they needed you to promote the show. I didn't watch almost strictly because I thought it was BS to make Starbuck a woman... and if they were going to do that, I probably wouldn't end up enjoying it... so I only ever watched the first show.</P>

Now I just might give it a go.</P>

</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

</p>

Geez, AG, they needed you to promote the show. I didn't watch almost strictly because I thought it was BS to make Starbuck a woman... and if they were going to do that, I probably wouldn't end up enjoying it... so I only ever watched the first show.</p>

Now I just might give it a go.</p>

</p>[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure what was the thought process with changing gender roles. It's a long series and if you guys watch it on blu-ray, you're lucky because you can watch 3-4 hours in one shot every weekend and get your fix and avoid commercials.

I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but if you look back at the last 10 years of Sci-Fi series, there aren't many that stand out....

Some of the space fight scenes were glorious.....