Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="jmike"]

I've seen a few good shows thanks to that since I am never home.

The Dr. Who new series from BBC and Torchwood. Firefly. Terminator series. Started lost, 1st season was great, turned to garbage in the 2nd and I stopped watching.
    [/quote]

I've heard of Torchwood, I think that might be a good series to watch.

I've heard the same thing about LOST, at some point, there was a joke that the writers were "LOST". I don't know if the series turned a corner or not but it seems like one of those series that you have to pay a lot of attention or you'll get lost in the storyline, no pun intended.....

I don't always seek a series that is deep in the storyline that takes a lot of effort to follow and keep track of. Sometimes I like series that are simple and straight to the point....

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"]

The best show ever is still Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    [/quote]

I missed out on that series. I'm not sure if you are joking or not but I think I heard this was actually a good series. Then there was a spinoff series as well right? Usually when there's a spinoff, the original was pretty good.... X-Files was another classic series....
    [/quote]

Not kidding. The spin off was garbage IMO. But Buffy is available on Netflix too, definately worth the watch. A bit dated now as it made a lot of pop culture referances throughout, but still smart funny.
    [/quote]</P>

Buffy... I don't think we missed a single episode. My grand daughter, who lives with me and was 4 at the time ('97), thought she was Buffy, and insisted that we call her that...lol. We'd introduce her her to peeps... "This is Ryan.", and she'd get angry and say, "NO, I'm Buffy.".</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I missed out on that series. I'm not sure if you are joking or not but I think I heard this was actually a good series. Then there was a spinoff series as well right? Usually when there's a spinoff, the original was pretty good.... X-Files was another classic series....
    [/quote]

Not kidding. The spin off was garbage IMO. But Buffy is available on Netflix too, definately worth the watch. A bit dated now as it made a lot of pop culture referances throughout, but still smart funny.
    [/quote]</p>

Buffy... I don't think we missed a single episode. My grand daughter, who lives with me and was 4 at the time ('97), thought she was Buffy, and insisted that we call her that...lol. We'd introduce her her to peeps... "This is Ryan.", and she'd get angry and say, "NO, I'm Buffy.".</p>[/quote]

That's cute. Funny how kids think when they are little...

I was talking to my nephew just the other day about my cat who died last year. He's 8 years old and my cat died last year at the age of 10. (that's about 56 in cat years).

Anyways, I told him that I'd see her again one day, she's waiting for me in heaven. And he said that she's gonna have to wait a long time before that happens, and asked me if it's like 5,000 years?

I said what? 5,000 years before I die? LOL!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Buffy... I don't think we missed a single episode. My grand daughter, who lives with me and was 4 at the time ('97), thought she was Buffy, and insisted that we call her that...lol. We'd introduce her her to peeps... "This is Ryan.", and she'd get angry and say, "NO, I'm Buffy.".</P>

[/quote]

I was talking to my nephew just the other day about my cat who died last year. He's 8 years old and my cat died last year at the age of 10. (that's about 56 in cat years).

Anyways, I told him that I'd see her again one day, she's waiting for me in heaven. And he said that she's gonna have to wait a long time before that happens, and asked me if it's like 5,000 years?

[/quote]</P>

Not sure about 5,000. I'd like a whole lot more then the 70+ I'm likely to get, but I might be weary after a few thousand. Highlander... wasn't Ramirez over 2,000 years old, or 3,000? </P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

Not sure about 5,000. I'd like a whole lot more then the 70+ I'm likely to get, but I might be weary after a few thousand. Highlander... wasn't Ramirez over 2,000 years old, or 3,000? </p>[/quote]

It is indeed interesting that human lifespan is within the 60-80 year range on average....

How did it work out to be that way? How come your "teenage" years are literally in your teens?

Can you imagine if we figure out the DNA aging process and tell it to slow down it's rate? And a "teenager" who literally is a teenager is actually 35-40 years old?

High school would be doubled to 8 years....college would be doubled to 8 years....

The side effect however would be absolute over population!!

Veteran

Not sure about 5,000. I'd like a whole lot more then the 70+ I'm likely to get, but I might be weary after a few thousand. Highlander... wasn't Ramirez over 2,000 years old, or 3,000? </p>[/quote]

It is indeed interesting that human lifespan is within the 60-80 year range on average....

How did it work out to be that way? How come your "teenage" years are literally in your teens?

Can you imagine if we figure out the DNA aging process and tell it to slow down it's rate? And a "teenager" who literally is a teenager is actually 35-40 years old?

High school would be doubled to 8 years....college would be doubled to 8 years....

[/quote]

There are already tried and true population controls out there. Just open hunting season a couple of times a year.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Not sure about 5,000. I'd like a whole lot more then the 70+ I'm likely to get, but I might be weary after a few thousand. Highlander... wasn't Ramirez over 2,000 years old, or 3,000? </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are already tried and true population controls out there. Just open hunting season a couple of times a year.
    [/quote]</P>

we're way overpopulated with a 70+ lifespan. I hate to say it, but the Chinese had it right... we need the world to restrict themselves to 1 child per family. Unfortunately, that led to a lot of hidden deaths ofsingle female offspring.</P>

</P>

AG

please check your inbox

X-Files: on and off-again viewing for me...but the "weirdness" was pretty cool.

My dude loved Buffy, I thought Sarah M.G. was hot and who didn't? But i didn't get into Buffy or Angel or Charmed for that matter.

Nor did I get into Babylon 5, Farscape or Lexx. (Though that Serendipity movie was kinda cool.)

I lean towards sci-fi and drama mainly in spite of material that at times seems a bit offensive to my Beliefs.

In recent years I've more or less phased out much Comedy, SitCom and "generic" TV watching in favor of Sports (Football, Baseball, Basketball and Premier League Soccer), News and the occasional fare produced on Discover, History or TLC.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Did you guys catch this kayacker jumping into the water with a 25 footbasking shark down in Fla.........says he knew what he was doing [basking sharks are harmless] but if the shark wacked him with that tail he might not be around to talk about it people sure take risks with wild animals</P>

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/b...ama-city-beach</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Tough losing a pet AG....so true they become part of the family 10 years is kinda young , imo , we had a mother cat that lived16 years , we had kept one her kittens before she was fixed. The kitten lived to be 19 years old and passed away not to long ago. My wife told my daughter to give it some time before we get a new cat last year. My daughter waited 3 days before she brought home new one [] The cat and dog get along together like 2 peas in a pod lol cept when the cat goes near the dog dish food lol but that tabby is terror on the bird population around these parts</P>