Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

Tough losing a pet AG....so true they become part of the family 10 years is kinda young , imo , we had a mother cat that lived16 years , we had kept one her kittens before she was fixed. The kitten lived to be 19 years old and passed away not to long ago. My wife told my daughter to give it some time before we get a new cat last year. My daughter waited 3 days before she brought home new one [] The cat and dog get along together like 2 peas in a pod lol cept when the cat goes near the dog dish food lol but that tabby is terror on the bird population around these parts</p>[/quote]

Thanks for the thoughts. It was extremely tough and a very difficult time for me last summer. I lost three family members within a 4 month period. Not immediate family, but cousins and relatives. While my mom was away to attend one of the funerals in California, my cat started to get sick out of nowhere.
    My mom came back and we were all able to be with my cat for a few more days before she passed. She struggled and was a fighter, but the cancer was too aggressive.

That Sunday night she passed (10PM) was the eve before I started my new job. I was not able to call and take a week off or delay my start, I had to suck it up and be a man, so I did.
    That week at the new job, I was basically a zombie, I had no emotions and felt sick to my stomach....

I am done with pets. It's unfortunate because I know I could provide a very good home for a kitty out there, but I know what will eventually come....

And I agree, 10 years is too young for a cat, but I'm not going to question God and ask why....it is what it is....

=(

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

Not sure about 5,000. I'd like a whole lot more then the 70+ I'm likely to get, but I might be weary after a few thousand.* Highlander... wasn't Ramirez over 2,000 years old, or 3,000? </p>[/quote]

It is indeed interesting that human lifespan is within the 60-80 year range on average....

How did it work out to be that way? How come your "teenage" years are literally in your teens?

Can you imagine if we figure out the DNA aging process and tell it to slow down it's rate? And a "teenager" who literally is a teenager is actually 35-40 years old?

High school would be doubled to 8 years....college would be doubled to 8 years....

The side effect however would be absolute over population!!
    [/quote]65 - 70 years is a long enough run me thinks, after that i can only assume boredom starts to set in..

Battlestar composer to score next SOCOM game.

"Anyone who has watched even a single episode of that show knows what I'm talking about.(Those Japanese taiko drums!) Variety called it "some of the most innovative music on TV today."

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...sic-in-socom-4

[quote user="bandwgn86"]65 - 70 years is a long enough run me thinks, after that i can only assume boredom starts to set in..[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. How is it that nature seemed to have gotten the human lifespan just right? Forget mind over matter.
    Physically if you are a teen, you are somewhere between 13-19.... How did nature figure that out?
    Why can't the "teen" years be two full decades? You hit puberty around 12-13... Imagine if you hit puberty at 20? LOL....it seems silly I know....

What science needs to find out is how to slow down the aging process, not necessarily just extend life.

I do agree we are overpopulated. I'm not really sure what we can do about that. I think nature will eventually wipe out a lot of civilization to restore order....there will be some future virus/plague that we will be unable to vaccine against....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]65 - 70 years is a long enough run me thinks, after that i can only assume boredom starts to set in..[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. How is it that nature seemed to have gotten the human lifespan just right? Forget mind over matter.
    Physically if you are a teen, you are somewhere between 13-19.... How did nature figure that out?
    Why can't the "teen" years be two full decades? You hit puberty around 12-13... Imagine if you hit puberty at 20? LOL....it seems silly I know....

What science needs to find out is how to slow down the aging process, not necessarily just extend life.

I do agree we are overpopulated. I'm not really sure what we can do about that. I think nature will eventually wipe out a lot of civilization to restore order....there will be some future virus/plague that we will be unable to vaccine against....
    [/quote]</P>

Then it will be Zombie time..... I'm ready!</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Battlestar composer to score next SOCOM game.

"Anyone who has watched even a single episode of that show knows what I'm talking about.(Those Japanese taiko drums!) Variety called it "some of the most innovative music on TV today."

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...sic-in-socom-4

[/quote]

taiko drums are the shizzle !!!!

seriously I own Koto music CDs, Taiko ensemble CDs and Kabuki music as well.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

<font face="Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana">Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category

</font>

[quote user="jmike"]<FONT face="Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana">Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category

</FONT>[/quote]</P>

cool fact, jmike</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"]<font face="Century Gothic,Technical,Tempus Sans ITC,Gaze,Kids,Comic Sans MS,Verdana">Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category

</font>[/quote]who? any of his books good?

Just finished BsG season 1...wow!

aside from a higher proportion of smutty elements, it's been a terrific story thus far.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI