Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]... I question the timing of the retribution though (Quran burning)

Nutso did this last year (?) and they're just now acting a fool?

How long we've had Boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Sorry folks like I've said before the people we are "freeing" often times don't want to be "free."

And yeah pork chop mustache puts a black eye on us who are Christian and realize that we must show love and mercy towards others for them to understand that Jesus is truly for everyone.
    [/quote]

No I don't beleive he did it last year. He was going to and he decided to stop last minute. At least that's what I remember.

So it was a shock to find out that recently he actually acted out on it. I guess he just couldn't really help himself???

ah, I see. Unbelievable.

If people take to burning Bibles I must admit I'd be ready to wreck someone...

Point is burning a book sacred to a people ranks up there with burning a cross in my front yard.

Wrong is wrong.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]... I question the timing of the retribution though (Quran burning)

Nutso did this last year (?) and they're just now acting a fool?

How long we've had Boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Sorry folks like I've said before the people we are "freeing" often times don't want to be "free."

And yeah pork chop mustache puts a black eye on us who are Christian and realize that we must show love and mercy towards others for them to understand that Jesus is truly for everyone.
    [/quote]

No I don't beleive he did it last year. He was going to and he decided to stop last minute. At least that's what I remember.

So it was a shock to find out that recently he actually acted out on it. I guess he just couldn't really help himself???

[/quote]

Or maybe he was cold.

Veteran

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]ah, I see. Unbelievable.

Point is burning a book sacred to a people ranks up there with burning a cross in my front yard.

Wrong is wrong.
    [/quote]

Disagree. Burning something in your front yard is a direct act of aggression towards you and should enrage you. Burning a bible is a protest against an idea, belief or maybe even a statement against those running the church. Either way it is much more indirect and should not upset you the same way.

Frankly it's a book, for all it is, it is a book. It was not written by god, but by men. Describing events that happened long before the actual people who wrote it were born. Frankly I question the accuracy of the book since the record keeping of the day was somewhat lax and unreliable. Usually stories passed down from one person to another. Anyone who played whisper down the lane knows how that goes. Suddenly a step off the curb into a pothole full of mucky rain water becomes "and he walked on water". Forgive my quoting but I think you get my point.

Believe what you want, truly up to you, but don't lose perspective, it is a book and you can get a new one next time you stay at a motel if someone burns yours.

All-Pro

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]ah, I see. Unbelievable.

Wrong is wrong.
    [/quote]

Disagree.* Burning something in your front yard is a direct act of aggression towards you and should enrage you.* Burning a bible is a protest against an idea, belief or maybe even a statement against those running the church.* Either way it is much more indirect and should not upset you the same way.

Frankly it's a book, for all it is, it is a book.* It was not written by god, but by men.* Describing events that happened long before the actual people who wrote it were born.* Frankly I question the accuracy of the book since the record keeping of the day was somewhat lax and unreliable.* Usually stories passed down from one person to another.* Anyone who played whisper down the lane knows how that goes.* Suddenly a step off the curb into a pothole full of mucky rain water becomes "and he walked on water".* Forgive my quoting but I think you get my point.

Believe what you want, truly up to you, but don't lose perspective, it is a book and you can get a new one next time you stay at a motel if someone burns yours.
    [/quote]i'm pretty sure they didn't have curbs back than..

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]ah, I see. Unbelievable.

Wrong is wrong.
    [/quote]

Disagree. Burning something in your front yard is a direct act of aggression towards you and should enrage you. Burning a bible is a protest against an idea, belief or maybe even a statement against those running the church. Either way it is much more indirect and should not upset you the same way.

Frankly it's a book, for all it is, it is a book. It was not written by god, but by men. Describing events that happened long before the actual people who wrote it were born. Frankly I question the accuracy of the book since the record keeping of the day was somewhat lax and unreliable. Usually stories passed down from one person to another. Anyone who played whisper down the lane knows how that goes. Suddenly a step off the curb into a pothole full of mucky rain water becomes "and he walked on water". Forgive my quoting but I think you get my point.

[/quote]i'm pretty sure they didn't have curbs back than.. [/quote]</P>

There you go, again, Bandy... spoiling the moment...hahaha.</P>

Actually, jmike's remarks are insightful. I am not one to take the Bible literally... for exactly the reasons jm says... their accuracy is hugely suspect. Rather, every story has a point meant to educate and influence us.... most meant to make us better humans. To me, burning a Bible, or Koran, or even the American Flag shows disrespect and intolerance of those with differences than our own... that is the sin... Do Unto Others...</P>

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never harm me.</P>

With respect to all

One of the Principals in the beliefs of both Christians and Muslims is the Authority of our Scriptures.

For us, Christians, we believe in the unerring accuracy of the Bible and in fact many, many prophecies have been fulfilled and in present day, are coming to fruition.

I do believe in Jesus Christ, I do believe in what we term the "Sinful state of Man," and I do believe unquestionably in the Bible as God's "inspired Truth" to Man.

This is the essence of Faith.

Many people exercise faith when they believe that we evolved from protoplasmic slime that just so happened to produce male and female sexes for multitudes of species. (I sit in more than a few College Humanities classes) and yet even the almighty scientist can't definitively prove that what they preach, oops teach, is rock solid truth.

In the end each of us have our own set of morals, ethics and values.

For me, and other people of various Faiths, we choose to believe in a Creator and a Plan so to speak.

For me, I sometimes feel saddened by the rather obvious realities of a World that denies God and/or Jesus and looks to self for all divine truth.

With respect.

Kev

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]With respect to all

One of the Principals in the beliefs of both Christians and Muslims is the Authority of our Scriptures.

For us, Christians, we believe in the unerring accuracy of the Bible and in fact many, many prophecies have been fulfilled and in present day, are coming to fruition.

I do believe in Jesus Christ, I do believe in what we term the "Sinful state of Man," and I do believe unquestionably in the Bible as God's "inspired Truth" to Man.

Many people exercise faith when they believe that we evolved from protoplasmic slime that just so happened to produce male and female sexes for multitudes of species. (I sit in more than a few College Humanities classes) and yet even the almighty scientist can't definitively prove that what they preach, oops teach, is rock solid truth.

For me, and other people of various Faiths, we choose to believe in a Creator and a Plan so to speak.

For me, I sometimes feel saddened by the rather obvious realities of a World that denies God and/or Jesus and looks to self for all divine truth.

With respect.

Kev
    [/quote]</P>

1. Congratulations to you on the newest member of your family.</P>

2. I respect you for the strength of your faith.</P>

3. I believe thecore of our faith lies in our deeds. Not it the written words on paper. When we are prevented from exercising our faith I would be outraged. Those words are meaningless without our faith and actions to bring them into our lives.</P>

I am far less outraged by the burning of any religious documents, than I am by the selfish, harmful acts of mankind.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Sup MHS !!!

Baseball season again...

1) Thanks for your sentiment
    2) My Faith and Beliefs dictate how I should live my life and raise my 3 sons []...
    3) I respect you and JMike's thoughts, though I don't entirely agree. Specifically on the accuracy of the Word or our deeds representing our faith, to me our deeds should be an outward expression because of our Faith. (Doing unto others...)

at any rate, I do not want to create controversy so I have said my part.

Onto other business
    Go Yankees!!
    Sawx blow and Jays suck ! [:P]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]With respect to all

With respect.

Kev
    [/quote]</P>

I like the head on your shoulders, GY....you always think things out and state your case rationally.Althoughthis lowly, humbleandmisguidedMets fan cannot agree with your Yankeeness.</P>

Wasn't it George Carlin who said something like... I'd rather believe in God and be wrong then to not believe in God, and be wrong?</P>