Re: Asian giant for HC

Actually, being separated from Manhattan for so long, I've grown to not hate the Mets the way some do who still live in the 5 Boroughs.

(Plus when i was around 8 or 9, a buddy had a birthday party up at Shea...nosebleed seats above RF so and that was great experience for me as kid. First ballgame I ever went to...Mookie, Straw and Keith)

So I never had and never will have issues with the Team or its fans...

Being so far from my Birthplace has created a sort of "as long as NY wins..." attitude.

(except for the jets and isles though)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Actually, being separated from Manhattan for so long, I've grown to not hate the Mets the way some do who still live in the 5 Boroughs.

(Plus when i was around 8 or 9, a buddy had a birthday party up at Shea...nosebleed seats above RF so and that was great experience for me as kid. First ballgame I ever went to...Mookie, Straw and Keith)

Being so far from my Birthplace has created a sort of "as long as NY wins..." attitude.

[/quote]</P>

Mookie, Straw, and Keith was a great time to be a Met Fan. I've been a Met Fan since 1961...after my Dodgers abandoned me. My first game was Ebbets Field, 1952, I was 6... A great time for a Dodger fan. The Bums lost 1-0 to Phillies. </P>

My next gane was 1956 at Yankee Stadium with my PAL team. Whitey lost 2-0 to the White Sox. sat in the old Centerfield bleacher seats. </P>

Been to about 10 Yankee games and only about6 Met Games. Was at the Series game when Mick hitawalk-off homeroff of Barney Scultz of the Cards. Wow, what an eruption that was.</P>

Watching someone burn the bible may upset quite a few people, but I would be shocked to see a bunch of christians burning down the town and causing rampage. That's just my opinion.

Sometimes though, you have thugs that take advantage of a situation to cause anarchy. When the Lakers win the NBA champs, you see punks burning cars....nothing religious there, just taking advantage of the situation.

So it possibly could be a little unfair for me to blame people on the other side of the world for going crazy when it could very well just be loonies....

I agree with jmike, at the end of the day it is just a book, and no one has the rights to be hurting other people or trashing their property because of a book.....

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Actually, being separated from Manhattan for so long, I've grown to not hate the Mets the way some do who still live in the 5 Boroughs.

[/quote]</p>

Mookie, Straw, and Keith was a great time to be a Met Fan. I've been a Met Fan since 1961...after my Dodgers abandoned me. My first game was Ebbets Field, 1952, I was 6... A great time for a Dodger fan. The Bums lost 1-0 to Phillies.
    </p>

My next gane was 1956 at Yankee Stadium with my PAL team. Whitey lost 2-0 to the White Sox. sat in the old Centerfield bleacher seats. </p>

Been to about 10 Yankee games and only about6 Met Games. Was at the Series game when Mick hitawalk-off homeroff of Barney Scultz of the Cards. Wow, what an eruption that was.</p>[/quote]
    I'll probably get drummed out the Core [8-|] for this, but I inwardly root the Mets and wish them well every year.

There were days when I could have easily saw myself rooting the team from Queens than the one from the Bronx, especially in the 80s...easy bandwagon years right there.

But then so were the 90s for the Pinstripes. [:S]

PS
    I know it's spelled corps but I couldn't resist.

AG
    I somewhat understand your opinion and JMike's correct with the "severity" of the "offense" not quite mandating "total lunacy."

My time in Service showed me that some people will do anything for a "reason" to raise hell, no pun intended.

Your Championship rioting comments recall when the Bulls won their titles in the 90s they were flipping taxis and acting the part of looney tunes up here in Chitown as well.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Sup MHS !!!

Baseball season again...

1) Thanks for your sentiment
    2) My Faith and Beliefs dictate how I should live my life and raise my 3 sons []...
    3) I respect you and JMike's thoughts, though I don't entirely agree. Specifically on the accuracy of the Word or our deeds representing our faith, to me our deeds should be an outward expression because of our Faith. (Doing unto others...)

at any rate, I do not want to create controversy so I have said my part.

Onto other business
    Go Yankees!!
    Sawx blow and Jays suck ! [:P]
    [/quote]</P>

Its definately been the roadtrip from hell so far. Fortunately we come home on Friday and have a cupcake opponent over the weekend.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Its definitely been the roadtrip from hell so far. Fortunately we come home on Friday and have a cupcake opponent over the weekend.</p>[/quote]

I like how you think you're funny but.... [8-|]

Veteran

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]With respect to all

One of the Principals in the beliefs of both Christians and Muslims is the Authority of our Scriptures.

For us, Christians, we believe in the unerring accuracy of the Bible and in fact many, many prophecies have been fulfilled and in present day, are coming to fruition.

I do believe in Jesus Christ, I do believe in what we term the "Sinful state of Man," and I do believe unquestionably in the Bible as God's "inspired Truth" to Man.

This is the essence of Faith.

Many people exercise faith when they believe that we evolved from protoplasmic slime that just so happened to produce male and female sexes for multitudes of species. (I sit in more than a few College Humanities classes) and yet even the almighty scientist can't definitively prove that what they preach, oops teach, is rock solid truth.

In the end each of us have our own set of morals, ethics and values.

For me, and other people of various Faiths, we choose to believe in a Creator and a Plan so to speak.

For me, I sometimes feel saddened by the rather obvious realities of a World that denies God and/or Jesus and looks to self for all divine truth.

With respect.

Kev
    [/quote]

I have respect for your beliefs.

I just feel that many with strong religious beliefs lose perspective of what they are actually taught when they value ink and paper over what that ink and paper is there to teach them. When they riot or in some extreme cases war over a difference in what their own personal ink and paper says or when someone befouls a representation of their ink and paper, I would say that what they are learning from the ink and paper is not helping them in life. Doing more harm then good one might say.

Through the history of man more evil has been justified by using that ink and paper than any other source, somehow I don't think that was it's intent. So if someone were to become as enraged by a symbolic burning of the ink and paper as they would a personal and direct act of aggression towards them or their family, I would say they lack the perspective required to truly act in a manner that the ink and paper teaches.

[quote user="jmike"]

1) I have respect for your beliefs....

2) I just feel that many with strong religious beliefs lose perspective...

3) Through the history of man more evil has been justified by using that ink and paper than any other source...

4) ...if someone were to become as enraged by a symbolic burning of the ink and paper as they would a personal and direct act of aggression towards them or their family...
    [/quote]
    1)As do I for yours

2) A strong possibility and one for which I can assure you I have not

3) A sad painful fact, however again this points to the innate depravity of man and not a deity, less we are talking Greek, Norse, Roman, Babylonian (etc.) polytheism

4) Agreed, I wrote without thinking, indeed burning a cross is far more personal in nature.
    My desire was to illustrate how important the Bible is to me and how I would also be highly offended if one was to burn what some people merely regard as "just a book."

...so ends my theological foray.

So on that note, e-a-g-l-e-s LOSERS !!!

All-Pro

so Barry Bonds.. why is this (and Clemons) in a federal court? who's paying the court fees for these witchhunts

All-Pro

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]ah, I see. Unbelievable.

If people take to burning Bibles I must admit I'd be ready to wreck someone...

Point is burning a book sacred to a people ranks up there with burning a cross in my front yard.

Wrong is wrong.
    [/quote]

Disagree. Burning something in your front yard is a direct act of aggression towards you and should enrage you. Burning a bible is a protest against an idea, belief or maybe even a statement against those running the church. Either way it is much more indirect and should not upset you the same way.

Frankly it's a book, for all it is, it is a book. It was not written by god, but by men. Describing events that happened long before the actual people who wrote it were born. Frankly I question the accuracy of the book since the record keeping of the day was somewhat lax and unreliable. Usually stories passed down from one person to another. Anyone who played whisper down the lane knows how that goes. Suddenly a step off the curb into a pothole full of mucky rain water becomes "and he walked on water". Forgive my quoting but I think you get my point.

Believe what you want, truly up to you, but don't lose perspective, it is a book and you can get a new one next time you stay at a motel if someone burns yours.
    [/quote]i'm pretty sure they didn't have curbs back than.. [/quote]</p>

There you go, again, Bandy... spoiling the moment...hahaha.</p>

Actually, jmike's remarks are insightful. I am not one to take the Bible literally... for exactly the reasons jm says... their accuracy is hugely suspect. Rather, every story has a point meant to educate and influence us.... most meant to make us better humans. To me, burning a Bible, or Koran, or even the American Flag shows disrespect and intolerance of those with differences than our own... that is the sin... Do Unto Others...</p>

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never harm me.</p>[/quote]those are my middle names, damn parents lol