Re: Asian giant for HC

I used to root for Tiger because I thought he was a good role model. Boy he had me fooled. I no longer root for him or wish him success....

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I used to root for Tiger because I thought he was a good role model. Boy he had me fooled. I no longer root for him or wish him success....
    [/quote]really? he always seemed like an *******. Phil on the other hand is a good role model

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I used to root for Tiger because I thought he was a good role model. Boy he had me fooled. I no longer root for him or wish him success....
    [/quote]</P>

I can see how many people feel that way.........I do like having him in the thick of things. The guy that won I have never heard of kinda on th e fence about Tiger these days..........He sure paid $$$for his actions thought it was good he was back to old self on the course , yelling at the picture takers and scowling after missing a putt trying to be Mr'. nice guy [after the scandal]was laughable , thats not him</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="SEC105"]Quite the drama down in Augusta yesterday......thought "Tiger" might just pull it off....lotta pressure on the 21 year old from Ireland Rory McCeleroy[/quote]</p>

What some casual golf fans never understood, is that the difference between Tiger and everyone else was not his length or his ability to pull off miracle shots. It was his putting. He was simply the best putter in the world. He would make every clutch putt.</p>

Right now, for whatever reason, he is missing putts that the old Tiger would never miss. Until he gets that back (and I'm not sure he can) he willcontinue tostruggle.</p>

He simply has way too much movement in his golf swing to carry the day with ball striking.</p>

The only reason he was in the hunt this weekend was because the golf course sets up perfectly for him.</p>[/quote]he's old he may win now and again, much like Phil but i imagine he'll always be in the top 10 on sunday.. these kids that are coming up now are fearless..

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="AsianGiant"]I used to root for Tiger because I thought he was a good role model. Boy he had me fooled. I no longer root for him or wish him success....
    [/quote]really? he always seemed like an *******. Phil on the other hand is a good role model
    [/quote]</P>

I can't wait till they play @ Bethpage again.....just to hear the fans comments</P>

example: last time at Bethpage on Sergio taking all day to make a shot Fan: "just hit the ****ing the ball" lol</P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="SEC105"]Quite the drama down in Augusta yesterday......thought "Tiger" might just pull it off....lotta pressure on the 21 year old from Ireland Rory McCeleroy[/quote]</P>

What some casual golf fans never understood, is that the difference between Tiger and everyone else was not his length or his ability to pull off miracle shots. It was his putting. He was simply the best putter in the world. He would make every clutch putt.</P>

Right now, for whatever reason, he is missing putts that the old Tiger would never miss. Until he gets that back (and I'm not sure he can) he willcontinue tostruggle.</P>

He simply has way too much movement in his golf swing to carry the day with ball striking.</P>

The only reason he was in the hunt this weekend was because the golf course sets up perfectly for him.</P>

[/quote]he's old he may win now and again, much like Phil but i imagine he'll always be in the top 10 on sunday.. these kids that are coming up now are fearless..
    [/quote]</P>

Thats what I found most astounding these days also.....just how youngand GOOD some of these kids are. So many more of them it seems then just 20 years ago</P>

One thing with Tiger , and I'm just a casual fan , he very rarely comes back to win.....even if he had sunk a couple of those putts yesterday , he still would have lost by 2 shots. That guy that won was playing unbeliveable on the back nine</P>

If Tiger had cheated with one gal, you know, hey, it happens? I'd probably overlook it. But the guy went absolutely insane with his call girls....he was basically a monster behind the scenes.
    The wife? I don't feel bad for her either. I really don't feel bad for any wives that are married to celebrities or athletes. They "know" that day is going to come when they find out about someone, they made their bed and need to suck it up. I see no victims here....

What <u>Sec105</u> mentioned about Tiger not coming back is pretty dead on. He's good at getting a lead and maintaining it, but if he doesn't have the lead, he's not that kind of player to come back.

I now root for Phil, he now seems to be the genuine one that is really nice both public and private...I hope he doesn't prove me wrong either because I will have the same thoughts about him if it turns out he's been cheating...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]If Tiger had cheated with one gal, you know, hey, it happens? I'd probably overlook it. But the guy went absolutely insane with his call girls....he was basically a monster behind the scenes.
    The wife? I don't feel bad for her either. I really don't feel bad for any wives that are married to celebrities or athletes. They "know" that day is going to come when they find out about someone, they made their bed and need to suck it up. I see no victims here....

What <U>Sec105</U> mentioned about Tiger not coming back is pretty dead on. He's good at getting a lead and maintaining it, but if he doesn't have the lead, he's not that kind of player to come back.

I now root for Phil, he now seems to be the genuine one that is really nice both public and private...I hope he doesn't prove me wrong either because I will have the same thoughts about him if it turns out he's been cheating...
    [/quote]</P>

Tin Cup... Kevin Costner telling rene Russo that Don Johnson wasn't the same guy she thought she knew... Same with Tiger?</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]If Tiger had cheated with one gal, you know, hey, it happens? I'd probably overlook it. But the guy went absolutely insane with his call girls....he was basically a monster behind the scenes.

What <U>Sec105</U> mentioned about Tiger not coming back is pretty dead on. He's good at getting a lead and maintaining it, but if he doesn't have the lead, he's not that kind of player to come back.

[/quote]</P>

Tin Cup... Kevin Costner telling rene Russo that Don Johnson wasn't the same guy she thought she knew... Same with Tiger?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Thats a tough one for the viewing public to get over.....almost like we had been had by the "perfect marriage" persona. He used so much of that to build his image and make the heavycash</P>

My one thought till thisday is........how did he EVER think no one was eventually goingcatch on to what he was up to So many different women....did he actually believe they would all keep their mouths shut? Not to mention instant news of the technology these days</P>

however.....yesterday , and I can't explain why... idk , I found myself rooting for him when he was making the comeback</P>

Phil is still my favorite though , he's been through a heckuva alot personally in the past few years yet he remains at the top of the game.....I would have been pushing for Fred Couples also had he been close [must be the old school in me []]</P>

All-Pro

<font size="5">What <u>Sec105</u> mentioned about Tiger not coming back is pretty dead on. He's good at getting a lead and maintaining it, but if he doesn't have the lead, he's not that kind of player to come back. </font>

[/quote]he did actually win quite a few comebacks.. something like 20 out of his 95 career wins were comback victories.. thats more on the other golfer, no one could play with that circus that follows Tiger.