Re: Asian giant for HC

Honestly, I am a casual golf viewer, viewer not fan.

I rooted for Tiger me self. Then the Scandals. I see him as a human being. Complete with our good and bad aspects. Inwardly I still root him because I am sick of the hypocrisy of people.

to the point: We elevate Stars, Celebs and Athletes to demigod status and then cast down our idols when they are revealed to be all too human.

He messed up. Multiple times. Should he be forever be maligned? Perhaps. Look at Barry Bonds. When he was on top of the world his rudeness was overlooked.

Same with Manny, people chose to overlook his idiosyncrasies.

Then the idol topples from the perch which we made for him/ her.

Then we hate his guts...

Yet we root Scarface, Freddy Kruger, the Goodfellas, Tony Soprano and plethora of "bad guys..."

What gives?

-GY

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Hello all. Interesting evening last night. Nothing like waking up to certain sounds in the middle of the night.

[quote user="mjg407"]Hello all. Interesting evening last night. Nothing like waking up to certain sounds in the middle of the night.
    [/quote]

Something I would probably never ever encounter......stay safe out there.....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Honestly, I am a casual golf viewer, viewer not fan.

I rooted for Tiger me self. Then the Scandals. I see him as a human being. Complete with our good and bad aspects. Inwardly I still root him because I am sick of the hypocrisy of people.

to the point: We elevate Stars, Celebs and Athletes to demigod status and then cast down our idols when they are revealed to be all too human.

He messed up. Multiple times. Should he be forever be maligned? Perhaps. Look at Barry Bonds. When he was on top of the world his rudeness was overlooked.

Then we hate his guts...

Yet we root Scarface, Freddy Kruger, the Goodfellas, Tony Soprano and plethora of "bad guys..."

What gives?

-GY
    [/quote]

That sounds about right. That is what our culture is like. What separates Tiger was that, at least for me, he was one of the good guys. Not the Barry Bonds of the world. Heck, we all like Derek Jeter too and he dates many ladies. But even Tiger wasn't (supposedly) like that. He was actually the only good guy, other than probably Peyton Manning that we could count on. Married, family man, hung out with his father etc etc....

You know, I put Tiki Barber on that list as well until he turned out to be a punk. It just seems like when you finally find that good guy out of the bunch of punk athletes/celebs, he turns out to be just as bad. At least the punks don't hide that they are punks...

[quote user="mjg407"]Hello all. Interesting evening last night. Nothing like waking up to certain sounds in the middle of the night.
    [/quote]

mortars suck...just guessing [:^)]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]Honestly, I am a casual golf viewer, viewer not fan.

Then we hate his guts...

What gives?

-GY
    [/quote]

That sounds about right. That is what our culture is like. What separates Tiger was that, at least for me, he was one of the good guys. Not the Barry Bonds of the world. Heck, we all like Derek Jeter too and he dates many ladies. But even Tiger wasn't (supposedly) like that. He was actually the only good guy, other than probably Peyton Manning that we could count on. Married, family man, hung out with his father etc etc....

You know, I put Tiki Barber on that list as well until he turned out to be a punk. It just seems like when you finally find that good guy out of the bunch of punk athletes/celebs, he turns out to be just as bad. At least the punks don't hide that they are punks...

[/quote]

*slaps forehead* how did I overlook Tiki ?

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]Hello all. Interesting evening last night. Nothing like waking up to certain sounds in the middle of the night.
    [/quote]

mortars suck...just guessing [:^)]
    [/quote]

Not that I'm a glutton for punishment but honestly would like to experience the fear (to some extent) that you fine soldiers go through. It would help my POV greatly, eventhough I already support you guys...

If I were famous and had the capital pull, I would go to the green zone in Iraq and hang out with the troops....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

*slaps forehead* how did I overlook Tiki ?
    [/quote]

Tiki Barber I think was worse. Sure, Tiger cheated with a million chicks, but Tiki got his wife pregnant, and actually left her!!!

He then bad mouthed sports journalism right before he retired, only to go back to sports casting because he couldn't handle real journalism. Meanwhile he bad mouthed the Giants after he left. Then NBC eventually fired him......

The guy just became toxic!!

[link]http://www.foxsportswest.com/msn/04/11/11/Giants-and-Dodgers-come-together/landing_dodgers.html?blockID=502171&feedID=365 6[/link]

Totally approve of this, I hope Mr. Stow can recover and be reunited with his Family.

Silly crap like this, in a world full of real problems, is the type of thing that causes me to re-evaluate the priority of Sports/ Entertainment.

It's a game, I HATE the red sox but would never think of striking a sox fan because he says my team sucks...

I hope they get caught these idiotic people who decided to show their stupid by beating on a man for wearing the wrong colors.

What is this gang crap? Idiots.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][link]http://www.foxsportswest.com/msn/04/11/11/Giants-and-Dodgers-come-together/landing_dodgers.html?blockID=502171&feedID=365 6[/link]

Totally approve of this, I hope Mr. Stow can recover and be reunited with his Family.

Silly crap like this, in a world full of real problems, is the type of thing that causes me to re-evaluate the priority of Sports/ Entertainment.

It's a game, I HATE the red sox but would never think of striking a sox fan because he says my team sucks...

I hope they get caught these idiotic people who decided to show their stupid by beating on a man for wearing the wrong colors.

What is this gang crap? Idiots.
    [/quote]

Love it! Now that's what sports is about. Those punks were not sports fans but punks who are trying to bring the gang mentality into sports. I hope they find those guys and put them away for good.

If you want to be a gang banger then go for it and ruin your own life, don't bother other people who just want to make a decent living....