Re: Asian giant for HC

Another American gets held in North Korea. Honestly, we have some really dumb citizens.

Those 3 hikers who were held in Iran because they were what? Hiking? Site seeing? Since when was it a vacation to go hiking on the border of Iraq and Iran?

Now another one gets held in North Korea? For what? Maybe he/she thinks they can meet Bill Clinton? I doubt Clinton is going to go back there again to get someone released.

"We would call on the government of North Korea to release this citizen on humanitarian grounds...." - spokesman Mark Toner

I say leave him there and set an example for being an idiot.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Another American gets held in North Korea. Honestly, we have some really dumb citizens.

Those 3 hikers who were held in Iran because they were what? Hiking? Site seeing? Since when was it a vacation to go hiking on the border of Iraq and Iran?

Now another one gets held in North Korea? For what? Maybe he/she thinks they can meet Bill Clinton? I doubt Clinton is going to go back there again to get someone released.

"We would call on the government of North Korea to release this citizen on humanitarian grounds...." - spokesman Mark Toner

[/quote]
    I always wonder about Intel gathering myself...Of all kinds of vacation spots why the deuce would you pick a volatile place? (Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, Cambodia etc.)

But we can't leave him there even for being an idiot, he's still one of ours.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Another American gets held in North Korea. Honestly, we have some really dumb citizens.

[/quote]
    I always wonder about Intel gathering myself...Of all kinds of vacation spots why the deuce would you pick a volatile place? (Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, Cambodia etc.)

[/quote]

What if we have a bunch of citizens that go out there to get captured on purpose so that they can be saved by the US gov't? Say, a fetish? I'm not saying ANY of these recent cases are like that, but they know the consequences...

I would love to know what goes on in the mind of people who just think that all countries are really friendly and we're the troublemakers. Then when they get in trouble they are probably thinking, "uh oh....we were dead wrong!"

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Another American gets held in North Korea. Honestly, we have some really dumb citizens.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What if we have a bunch of citizens that go out there to get captured on purpose so that they can be saved by the US gov't? Say, a fetish? I'm not saying ANY of these recent cases are like that, but they know the consequences...

I would love to know what goes on in the mind of people who just think that all countries are really friendly and we're the troublemakers. Then when they get in trouble they are probably thinking, "uh oh....we were dead wrong!"

[/quote]

Read "State of Fear" by Crighton I believe, you will laugh at some infinite stupidity.

[quote user="jmike"]

Read "State of Fear" by Crighton I believe, you will laugh at some infinite stupidity.
    [/quote]

Interesting, I have not heard of this book.

Just to be clear, I know our country isn't perfect. I'm sure we have our own covert operations that may not be fully supported if the people knew what was going on.
    But we do have enemies, and I'm mind boggled that some people for whatever reason think they can go joyride in enemy territory without facing the consequences. It's a dangerous world out there and I get the gut feeling that some people here (in the U.S.) are so sheltered by our way of life that they don't think anything can happen to them.

Case in point, the poor poor Christian Missionaries that died recently when their boat was pirated. Why would you even go joyride your boat anywhere near the chance of pirates to capture you?

Or the couple down in Texas that went jet-skiing a little too close to Mexico and the husband got sniped.....

Sometimes I just don't get it......

Veteran

Hello troops. It's been a loooong time. I see the AG thread is still going strong and there's quite a few new people here now. Nice to meet the new people. I'm one of the old-timers on this thread. It's been a rough time for my family and I these past few months. That's why I haven't been around. Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "hello" again.

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]Hello troops. It's been a loooong time. I see the AG thread is still going strong and there's quite a few new people here now. Nice to meet the new people. I'm one of the old-timers on this thread. It's been a rough time for my family and I these past few months. That's why I haven't been around. Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "hello" again.

[/quote]

Hey dude! Long time no see indeed! I guess I would have asked how are things but you've summarized it already. Hope things aren't too bad with you and your family?

Veteran

Hey AG! How are you doing, bro? Well, things good be better. A lot of doctor visits for my mother and father both. Some scares, obviously. But things are turning out better.

Edit: good should be could. I'm rusty.... I know...

Veteran

AG, has any of the old gang showed up lately? Crush? Dutchy? Andy? JG? Sorry if I missed anyone.

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]AG, has any of the old gang showed up lately? Crush? Dutchy? Andy? JG? Sorry if I missed anyone.

[/quote]

Glad to hear things are getting better, I mean to have both parents needing medical attention is scary. So let's hope that continues to go in the positive direction.

The old gang has not shown up. JG shows up very occasionally now, I don't think she even comes on the site so it's not like she's ignoring the thread. All the other guys, our foreign friends have since moved on.

MJ is still around, but he's out battling terrorists right now....