Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

Check this group out helping their friend go over Niagra Falls in a barrel....looks like a Toronto Maple Leaf logoon it</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHBYS...eature=related</p>[/quote]

...well, <font color="#FF0000">that makes sense </font>

more so if it was silly blue bird head....[:|]

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]Hey AG! How are you doing, bro? Well, things good be better. A lot of doctor visits for my mother and father both. Some scares, obviously. But things are turning out better.

Edit: good should be could. I'm rusty.... I know...
    [/quote]
    Gmen, hope all is going well with your family. Drop me a line when you get a chance. Well first week done and counting.

Veteran

Scientists at the Institute for Cancer Research in Philadelphia have
    bred mice that have more than one set of parents. Known as "multimice,"
    these creatures are spawned by taking two embryos created by two sets of
    parent mice, placing them together in such a way that the embryos grow
    together, then transplanting the entire organism into the womb of a
    third female mouse. The result is a baby mouse born with genetic
    characterisitics of both set of parents.

[quote user="jmike"]Scientists at the Institute for Cancer Research in Philadelphia have bred mice that have more than one set of parents. Known as "multimice," these creatures are spawned by taking two embryos created by two sets of parent mice, placing them together in such a way that the embryos grow together, then transplanting the entire organism into the womb of a third female mouse. The result is a baby mouse born with genetic characterisitics of both set of parents.[/quote]</P>

And they are hoping to accomplish? This is somehow going to lead us to a super race? </P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]Scientists at the Institute for Cancer Research in Philadelphia have bred mice that have more than one set of parents. Known as "multimice," these creatures are spawned by taking two embryos created by two sets of parent mice, placing them together in such a way that the embryos grow together, then transplanting the entire organism into the womb of a third female mouse. The result is a baby mouse born with genetic characterisitics of both set of parents.[/quote]</p>

And they are hoping to accomplish? This is somehow going to lead us to a super race? </p>[/quote]

That is exactly what it sounds like. First it's experimental. Then it's "Hmmm.....what else more can we do? Let's push the envelope....."

Then it's, "You know what, quite frankly, I hate these features, I only want these features..."

If we don't destroy ourselves first, I think over time, it will only be natural human progression that we are start to look alike. Sounds like scientists are going to try to skip that.

But let's ask ourselves this for a minute. If we do create a race that is superior in everywhich way: speed, smarts, strength.....

Is that really a bad thing?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]Scientists at the Institute for Cancer Research in Philadelphia have bred mice that have more than one set of parents. Known as "multimice," these creatures are spawned by taking two embryos created by two sets of parent mice, placing them together in such a way that the embryos grow together, then transplanting the entire organism into the womb of a third female mouse. The result is a baby mouse born with genetic characterisitics of both set of parents.[/quote]</P>

And they are hoping to accomplish? This is somehow going to lead us to a super race? </P>

[/quote]

That is exactly what it sounds like. First it's experimental. Then it's "Hmmm.....what else more can we do? Let's push the envelope....."

Then it's, "You know what, quite frankly, I hate these features, I only want these features..."

If we don't destroy ourselves first, I think over time, it will only be natural human progression that we are start to look alike. Sounds like scientists are going to try to skip that.

But let's ask ourselves this for a minute. If we do create a race that is superior in everywhich way: speed, smarts, strength.....

[/quote]</P>

Bad? No, I don't think so. If they can make facial features more consistently appealing, make man faster, stronger, etc.... OK. They're also finding what chemicals in the brain, excesses or drficiencies, cause deviant behavior. Willtheyfind is a way to balance the brain's chemistry so that there are no psychotics, bi-polars, sadists, etc... Is it possible to weed all that out, and have a more stable and peaceful race?</P>

I don't really mind all that... as long as we continue to have our unique personalities, and spirit... heart and soul.</P>

Veteran

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]Scientists at the Institute for Cancer Research in Philadelphia have bred mice that have more than one set of parents. Known as "multimice," these creatures are spawned by taking two embryos created by two sets of parent mice, placing them together in such a way that the embryos grow together, then transplanting the entire organism into the womb of a third female mouse. The result is a baby mouse born with genetic characterisitics of both set of parents.[/quote]</p>

And they are hoping to accomplish? This is somehow going to lead us to a super race? </p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Bad? No, I don't think so. If they can make facial features more consistently appealing, make man faster, stronger, etc.... OK. They're also finding what chemicals in the brain, excesses or drficiencies, cause deviant behavior. Willtheyfind is a way to balance the brain's chemistry so that there are no psychotics, bi-polars, sadists, etc... Is it possible to weed all that out, and have a more stable and peaceful race?</p>

I don't really mind all that... as long as we continue to have our unique personalities, and spirit... heart and soul.</p>[/quote]

If they make everyone smarter, who would root for the other 31 teams?

[quote user="zimonami"]

And they are hoping to accomplish? This is somehow going to lead us to a super race? </p>[/quote]

cylons?

no, but seriously If there are understood boundaries on some specific moralistic scheme, no problem.

But who determines the morals? the ethics? the boundaries?

and who will bother to follow any of them to begin with?

Sci Fi books, movies, TV etc tends to have a uncanny view of things...

I'm all for cloning internal organs because a patient's original manufacturer parts go bad.

But when they decide, if they decide, to replace you, well...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Bad? No, I don't think so. If they can make facial features more consistently appealing, make man faster, stronger, etc.... OK. They're also finding what chemicals in the brain, excesses or drficiencies, cause deviant behavior. Willtheyfind is a way to balance the brain's chemistry so that there are no psychotics, bi-polars, sadists, etc... Is it possible to weed all that out, and have a more stable and peaceful race?</P>

I don't really mind all that... as long as we continue to have our unique personalities, and spirit... heart and soul.</P>

[/quote]

If they make everyone smarter, who would root for the other 31 teams?
    [/quote]</P>

I love your perspective</P>

Hey all, 1 week down! Flew my first mission yesterday....pretty cool stuff. Only one rocket attack. There was one the week before which had some bad results. I'm enjoying my palacial 6x8 room in my tent. Been able to skype (text only, once voice) back home every day and have worked out every day as well. Got my Gmen hat hanging on the wall which I'm sure to always wear when I hear someone is a cowgirls fan.
    MJG out