Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]Even it the stomach, the spleen, 75 percent of the liver, 80 percent of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area are removed, the human body can still survive.[/quote]</p>

OMG... I'm so relieved... I feared for the worst. TY, Jmike for the comforting news...</p>[/quote]

dude, she's the Queen of Minutia.
    [/quote]

Hey, just sharing some random facts, no need to make cracks at my height or lack there of.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]Even it the stomach, the spleen, 75 percent of the liver, 80 percent of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area are removed, the human body can still survive.[/quote]</p>

OMG... I'm so relieved... I feared for the worst. TY, Jmike for the comforting news...</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

I think she writes those facts from bottle drinks that you get underneath the caps....

[quote user="SEC105"]

Yup...it's bad at Dodger Stadium and has been for quite some time. Too bad it took an incident like that to bring more attention to it The article makes it sound like a Giants -Eagles game pales in comparison</p>

http://www.oberjuerge.com/http:/www....odger-stadium/</p>[/quote]

How timely! MLB has now taken over the LA Dodgers, first time in history! That place is a mess!!

Maybe bring them back to Brooklyn, have they ever been worthy of a baseball team, ever? In LA?

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="zimonami"]

OMG... I'm so relieved... I feared for the worst.* TY, Jmike for the comforting news...</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, just sharing some random facts, no need to make cracks at my height or lack there of.
    [/quote]
    ? eh ?
    your height?

Are you vertically challenged ? []

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

Yup...it's bad at Dodger Stadium and has been for quite some time.* Too bad it took an incident like that to bring more attention to it******** The article makes it sound like a Giants -Eagles game pales in comparison</p>

http://www.oberjuerge.com/http:/www....odger-stadium/</p>[/quote]

How timely! MLB has now taken over the LA Dodgers, first time in history! That place is a mess!!

Maybe bring them back to Brooklyn, have they ever been worthy of a baseball team, ever? In LA?

[/quote]

Man, no lie, the FIRST thing that came to mind is:
    Mets fold, bring back the beloved Dodgers...

Not going to happen though. Nicholson would have a coniption.

(No offense resident Mets fans.)

And on another level will this set a new precedent in pro-sports? Almost a totalalitarian rule?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

Man, no lie, the FIRST thing that came to mind is:
    Mets fold, bring back the beloved Dodgers...

Not going to happen though. Nicholson would have a coniption.

(No offense resident Mets fans.)

And on another level will this set a new precedent in pro-sports? Almost a totalalitarian rule?[/quote]

I hope not. But I'm sure as part of the contract of owning a baseball team, owners must be able to run the team themselves and have some kind of stable financing.

I don't think MLB wants to get into the business of running the teams themselves. It does seem like a "sports bailout" though doesn't it?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"] Man, no lie, the FIRST thing that came to mind is: Mets fold, bring back the beloved Dodgers... Not going to happen though. Nicholson would have a coniption. (No offense resident Mets fans.) And on another level will this set a new precedent in pro-sports? Almost a totalalitarian rule?[/quote]

I hope not. But I'm sure as part of the contract of owning a baseball team, owners must be able to run the team themselves and have some kind of stable financing.

I don't think MLB wants to get into the business of running the teams themselves. It does seem like a "sports bailout" though doesn't it?
    [/quote]</P>

It's a first for MLB..."The Boss" [George Stienbrenner] and Marge Schott [Reds] were allowed to pick their replacements</P>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ties-over.html</P>

Gotta wonder how the Mets are going to come out of the financial trouble their owners are in?</P>

Are they next?</P>

</P>

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(book)</P>

Gil Hodges Jackie Robinson Pee Wee Reese etc</P>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</P>

How could you not worship players like that?</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(book)</P>

Gil Hodges Jackie Robinson Pee Wee Reese etc</P>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</P>

How could you not worship players like that?</P>

[/quote]</P>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</P>

Veteran

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</p>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(book)</p>

Gil Hodges Jackie Robinson Pee Wee Reese etc</p>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</p>

How could you not worship players like that?</p>

[/quote]</p>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</p>[/quote]

Chuck Norris knew.