Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]Hello fine folks of the AG thread.. Hope everyone is well[/quote]

he's gloating...dang Jays, dang Sux.

(Hello Bandy, have a great day)
    [/quote]not true, i come in peace.
    [/quote]</P>

and, if GY has a choice, you'll go in pieces.</P>

Although, he may havemercy after the Yanks finally won one yesterday.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]Hello fine folks of the AG thread.. Hope everyone is well[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

and, if GY has a choice, you'll go in pieces.</p>

Although, he may havemercy after the Yanks finally won one yesterday.</p>[/quote]

never underestimate the value of sarcasm my friends. I never met Bandy, but he seems decent enough. So I wouldn't tear him to pieces.

I mean he a Jays fan already, no need to be vicious to the guy.

addendum
    A W is nice, but at this point beating the Eagles of the AL East would be a ton better for me.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]</P>

and, if GY has a choice, you'll go in pieces.</P>

Although, he may havemercy after the Yanks finally won one yesterday.</P>

[/quote]

never underestimate the value of sarcasm my friends. I never met Bandy, but he seems decent enough. So I wouldn't tear him to pieces.

I mean he a Jays fan already, no need to be vicious to the guy.
    [/quote]</P>

Right, GY. Being NY city born, I know we have compassion for the unfortunates... forgive them for they know not what they do.</P>

Zimonami

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

If you don't mind me asking, and assuming you are my senior, were you originally a (NY) Giants fan or a (BK) Dodgers fan?
    [/quote]

think you missed this and I am really curious to know.

Always a Mets fan or are you an orphan from one of the original 2 NL teams?

Zimonami

If you don't mind me asking, and assuming you are my senior, were you originally a (NY) Giants fan or a (BK) Dodgers fan?
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Yes, I missed it. Thanks for bringing it back.</P>

I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, as was my father and Grand father. Born in Jamaica, Queens. My grandfather brought me to my first game in 1953 (I was 6, born 9/46). Lived a block from the EL on Jamaica ave and we took the subway to Ebbet's. Phillies beat us 1-0 on a Richie Ashburn triple and ground out to deep short. Richie also made a shoe-string catch with the tying run on 3rd. GF also got me a ball signed by all the '53 Dodgers. When I was 11 we ran out of ballls in our daily summer sandlot games, soIran home and we usedmy ball. All the guys loved it, all Oooh's and Ahhh's and Holy ****, "The Duke, Pee Wee, Jackie," etc.... hahahaha, they should have liked it, we didn't know it would have been valuable some day.</P>

I've been to about 20 Yankee games, including the homer by the Mick off of Barney Schultz/Cards. Saw Roger hit his 53rd or 54th... the same game Mick pulled up lame trying to beat out a drag bunt.</P>

So, I've seen one Dodger game and about 10 Met games. I never liked Shea.</P>

</P>

Good for Gates calling out NATO, they don't do squat around here other than show up to the DFAC's for meals and hang out at the PX.

[quote user="mjg407"]Good for Gates calling out NATO, they don't do squat around here other than show up to the DFAC's for meals and hang out at the PX.
    [/quote]</P>

NATO andmilitary competence is the same as whatthe United Nations is to world peace and politics... totally ineffective, run by embarrassing, officious jerks... cast-offs by their own country, only they don't know it... so we have incompetent jerks playing Big-Boy games with big boy toys.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

Zimonami

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Yes, I missed it. Thanks for bringing it back.</p>

I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, as was my father and Grand father. Born in Jamaica, Queens. My grandfather brought me to my first game in 1953 (I was 6, born 9/46). Lived a block from the EL on Jamaica ave and we took the subway to Ebbet's. Phillies beat us 1-0 on a Richie Ashburn triple and ground out to deep short. Richie also made a shoe-string catch with the tying run on 3rd. GF also got me a ball signed by all the '53 Dodgers. When I was 11 we ran out of ballls in our daily summer sandlot games, soIran home and we usedmy ball. All the guys loved it, all Oooh's and Ahhh's and Holy ****, "The Duke, Pee Wee, Jackie," etc.... hahahaha, they should have liked it, we didn't know it would have been valuable some day.</p>

I've been to about 20 Yankee games, including the homer by the Mick off of Barney Schultz/Cards. Saw Roger hit his 53rd or 54th... the same game Mick pulled up lame trying to beat out a drag bunt.</p>

So, I've seen one Dodger game and about 10 Met games. I never liked Shea.</p>

</p>[/quote]

that is awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Was it "easy" to back the Mets in 69(?)

Or did you just shrug and say Hell no to the Pinstripes, or what have you?

And do you harbor any resentment towards the Trolley Dodgers since they represent Los Angeles now?

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="zimonami"]

Zimonami

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Yes, I missed it. Thanks for bringing it back.</P>

I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, as was my father and Grand father. Born in Jamaica, Queens. My grandfather brought me to my first game in 1953 (I was 6, born 9/46). Lived a block from the EL on Jamaica ave and we took the subway to Ebbet's. Phillies beat us 1-0 on a Richie Ashburn triple and ground out to deep short. Richie also made a shoe-string catch with the tying run on 3rd. GF also got me a ball signed by all the '53 Dodgers. When I was 11 we ran out of ballls in our daily summer sandlot games, soIran home and we usedmy ball. All the guys loved it, all Oooh's and Ahhh's and Holy ****, "The Duke, Pee Wee, Jackie," etc.... hahahaha, they should have liked it, we didn't know it would have been valuable some day.</P>

I've been to about 20 Yankee games, including the homer by the Mick off of Barney Schultz/Cards. Saw Roger hit his 53rd or 54th... the same game Mick pulled up lame trying to beat out a drag bunt.</P>

So, I've seen one Dodger game and about 10 Met games. I never liked Shea.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

that is awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Was it "easy" to back the Mets in 69(?)

Or did you just shrug and say Hell no to the Pinstripes, or what have you?

And do you harbor any resentment towards the Trolley Dodgers since they represent Los Angeles now?
    [/quote]</P>

I was a devoted, masochistic Met fan from day 1, but I still rooted for the Dodgers until Koufax retired. I resented the Dodgersfor moving. The Yanks were never #1 withme. I went to Shea to watch Koufax pitch against the Mets in '63and was really torn, but it got rained out and I was saved the choice. If it wasn't Koufax pitchingI wanted the Mets to beat the Dodgers. '69 was a great year. I've rooted for the Yanks in the post season, like when Bucky Dent and Chris Chambliss hit their playoff homers, and Reggie hitting his 3 Series homers at Yankee stadium. But, the Yanks were a distant number 2 team after theMets.</P>

What category is the AG thread under? I noticed that "Did You Know was approaching 1.9MM looks and was curious to see how many millions AG has.