Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="bandwgn86"]honestly what the **** is wrong with the world.. why would any one want to bomb Norway.. the same ****ers open fired on a youth camp?!?!? i'm starting to believe it is the end of the world coming soon..[/quote]

More to the point, the end of us may be coming soon, the world isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If you are right, what a blip in the existence we turned out to be.

Though I don't think we are going anywhere either. Life may drastically change, but I think the human race will find a way to survive. What that survival may look like, I don't know, but history has shown we are a resilient species if somewhat self destructive. Something to be said for the less intellectually evolved species. They concern themselves with survival and proliferation and not much else. Ant colonies don't have strife within their ranks because they are not self aware enough to disagree. With intelligence comes a price and a responsibility. We have shirked that responsibility for so long it is impossible to put it back. We have shaped whole new species to serve our needs, carved the planet up to bend it to our wants and it is too late to put it back. We changed the course of evolution, we no longer adapt to our environment, we adapt it to us.

Everyone has a cause it seems whether it be religious, or political or environmental and it seems that most feel either you agree or I will make you agree. I've always hated religion because I feel it does more to separate us than to unify us. Politics and it's wicked step-sister environmentalism do the same thing, just new religions on which to do battle. Everyone seems to have a fix too, but all seems to fail at the Nth degree. Nobody seems to think it all the way through and even when they do there are too many variables involved. That is the problem with free will, there is no way to properly predict how people will act.

I have a vegan friend of mine who is always trying to save the world. Noble effort and cause if somewhat futile. She even feeds he cats a vegan diet and wonders why I say PETA should be on her *** for cruelty and also wonders why they are sick all the time and die young. It's cause they are carnivores for pete's sake, not herbivores or omnivores even. Leads to another question is why they felt it necessary to create the term "vegan" when herbivore already existed? But I digress......

I ask her what she wants with this vegan cause of her's? She says she wants people to stop feeding on the animals of the world. Ok great, so what happens to the cows and chickens? They cease to exist that is what. So as a vegan she is in support of the extermination of entire species. She says no, they can survive. Well that doesn't work, because no farmer on this planet will spend the time and money to keep herds of cattle alive just for the sake of it. So the best option is to shoot them dead. Of course the vegan does not support this. She says let them go free. Well that isn't a brilliant idea at all. So suddenly you have saturated the environment with abundant easy prey for the predators of our world, because if you have ever met a cow, they are neither very intelligent nor very fast and seem to have no survival instinct. So now the mountain lions and bears and wolves and coyotes and etc... are getting fat and happy and they proliferate in such an environment. She says wonderful....really? No. Because that little prey well will run dry fairly quick as these predators wipe the planet of these live buffets. No we have a predator to prey imbalance. Who goes on the menu then? We do. Or more to the point the weakest of us do and you will see wolves setting up camp in schoolyards waiting for the lunch bell at 3pm. So then what happens, you need to start wiping out all these predators to control the situation. Starting a whole new part of the environment to control. Because the hunters won't want to only shoot the old and weak, they will want the biggest trophies. Now we are making the wild species weaker by messing with evolution again and don't tell me you trust our government to control the situation.

So in the eternal wisdom of those who have a cause and been shown their fix is worse than what they have she changes the argument all together. Now she wants the farm animals to be treated right. Well that isn't going to happen if you stop eating meat. The meat farmers will stop worrying about your concerns as you are no longer a consumer. Buy meat from only farms that treat their animals they way you wish and the other farms will see the profit in it and eventually follow suit. "But those meats are so expensive." And people wonder why I deal with the world in wisecracks and jokes.

That is just an example from one of our dividers and those types of things will never go away. A wise man once said "can't we all just get along?" Unfortunately, the answer is no. We are not wired that way, we did not get to this advanced state by simply agreeing with everyone else in the group. Where do we go from here? I don't know, but as they say, something is going to break and when it does, remember, we are resilient.
    [/quote]</p>

Well, you get an A+, jmike... and, all because Bandy mentioned the end of the world.</p>

You obviously have a very good head on your shoulders. I can't dispute most of what you said, although the vision of wolves waiting outside the schoolyards is not in my vision. Now, wolves could be a metaphor for drug dealersor pedophiles. Then I'd be in total agreement... mere wolves in human clothing.</p>

The fix you mention, and which you correctly say we all must have, in one form or another, reminds me of the debate yesterday about drugs on the "Thee..." thread. Whether it be a drug, a cause, a TV show, or being consumed by another human (being a 'fan', or obsessively in love), most must have something to satisfy their brain's desire for more than the 'same old" that their lives offer.</p>

The fact that we are addicts in mind or body, for something... anything... istempered when we see another danged nut do what this man did in Norway. Then we can be relieved that our addiction, or cause, isn't destructive... and, if it is, we are only hurting ourselves, and not others.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Well the wolves were mentioned in a specific example of events. Drug dealers don't apply in the case of elimination of meat consumption causing other bigger problems.

Veteran

As far as the end of the world goes, in such context as it pertains to us. The world ends everyday and every moment. You always have a chance to start fresh, just a matter of choosing to. The past is the past and we can't fix it, right now is our future, make the most of it. Enjoy today because it is our most perishable resource, it will be gone tomorrow.

was Toronto Blue Jay Day at Cooperstown yesterday

finally got a couple in

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"]was Toronto Blue Jay Day at Cooperstown yesterday

finally got a couple in
    [/quote]Ban, whats good?

wow to much reading and knowledge being dropped in here...lmao

[quote user="derekunion28"]wow to much reading and knowledge being dropped in here...lmao[/quote]

you're still welcome to add on your Thoughts though.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

[quote user="derekunion28"]wow to much reading and knowledge being dropped in here...lmao[/quote]LAZY [:P]

All-Pro

[quote user="derekunion28"]wow to much reading and knowledge being dropped in here...lmao[/quote]i'll have to reread it, definitely missed the knowledge in this thread.. lol

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="derekunion28"]wow to much reading and knowledge being dropped in here...lmao[/quote]i'll have to reread it, definitely missed the knowledge in this thread.. lol[/quote]

oh, there's definitely something being dropped in here...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Hey all, back in the fun and sun capital and have finally navigated the internets.